• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

ggpo tonight

Started by [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja, June 30, 2009, 08:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainHook

GGs tonight mason. I hope you keep playing this after the HF tourney. Same with everyone. GGPO is fun at the moment.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: originaljulz on February 06, 2011, 02:50:39 AM
Says Weazzy at home at quarter to 12 on a Saturday night

Bro i was having a party on facebook. Then had some jams on the ps trey. Im a bit of a party animal bro.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

massi4h

Thanks man you too. And ggs to Alan as well had a good time. I will probably play a bit more after the tourney just nowhere near as much due to mvc3 coming out. I saw a couple NZers on xmen vs street fighter the other day, but unfortunately we couldn't get in sync for some dumb reason.

LN

Yep, I have more things I need to try spamming against you to try to get you used to stuff too.
There is no knowledge that is not power

massi4h

Yeah definitely. I think I'm getting used to the reversal timing, but then it'll probably be a bit different on the arcade machine rather than online lol. I like how hsf2 tells you if you got the reversal or not.

karizzma

GG mason. Zangief has to work so hard in every matchup it seems but then again when you can't spd it doesn't make things easy lol

massi4h

Yeah Josh ggs. Didn't know you knew combos and stuff though. Yeah gief seems like a bitch of a character. Can you only SPD in one direction? And I guess you gotta do the whole 360 rather than 270 or whatever is it in other games.

LN

Pretty sure 270 works in either direction. But I'm no zangief master, hate the bastard.

karizzma

Someone needs to help me with Gief.

redtie

Nick will help your gief bro.

GGs @ Ben. Happy to help with your matchups bro. Keen for more tonight when I gets home. Late night session as always.

Nick4now

Quote from: [SAS]karizzma on February 06, 2011, 12:25:20 PM
GG mason. Zangief has to work so hard in every matchup it seems but then again when you can't spd it doesn't make things easy lol

Gief is so strong in HF. The only matchups that you should be finding really difficult is Blanka, Honda, Sagat and Guile imo. These guys can just keep you away all day and snuff your lariats if used in the wrong way. Against other chars you'll still find it pretty hard to get up close (if the player is good lol) but in turn your opponent will probably be finding it just as hard to even hit you. Oh and I think Gief has serious advantage over Vega and Rog. Maybe Bison too.

Quote from: massi4h on February 06, 2011, 11:44:09 AM
Yeah definitely. I think I'm getting used to the reversal timing, but then it'll probably be a bit different on the arcade machine rather than online lol. I like how hsf2 tells you if you got the reversal or not.

Yep no easy mode mash out reversals in this game  :P If you d'dn't already know the best way to do it is to piano the punches. Oh and yes you can 360 in any direction  :)

Also GGs to Ben too. Redtie and I had fun taking turns taking you on and preparing you for the tourney haha I'm liking your Blanka very much bro!

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

LN

Quote from: Nick4now on February 06, 2011, 02:18:46 PM
I think Gief has serious advantage over Vega

I actually don't agree with this. Unless there's something really simple with gief that works stupidly well (and I hazard a guess that it'd be KKK lariat), Vega has pretty decent tools for keeping Gief out. Once he gets in,  it's all over, sure, but it can be pretty hard. Did you see my match with Sol at xmas damager? I really feel I should have won that, but there were a couple of little mistakes which blew it all up. Of course you could have been thinking "fuck that guy is playing it completely wrong" in which case, show me on GGPO :)

Lennysaurus

Pile drivers can be done in either direction as long as you get the 270 out.

Yeah I agree with Alan that gief has a hard time against a good vega, Just dont get cr. roundhouse or SPD'd or it's over pretty much.

Gief also struggles against sim naturally.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Nick4now

Wow I can't believe I forgot about Sim lol Anyways, I guess I shouldn't have said serious advantage but I do think the matchup is in Gief's favour. One knockdown and it's pretty much game over. Sure Vega has the normals to keep Gief away but I don't think Gief will find it as troublesome as the previous characters I mentioned before (+ Sim).

But hey I'm only saying this from how I think of the matchup on paper. I haven't actually had a good go at the matchup myself lol I don't even think I ever picked Gief against your Vega Alan so we'll try it out after we train these guys for the up and coming HF tourney  ;D

But with you and Lenny disagreeing with me it probably means I'm wrong haha

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

LN

Want to move this discussion to the HF thread in strategy? :)