• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Regular Doubles Tournaments and Grind Sessions

Started by Lennysaurus, July 02, 2009, 04:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABC_SMN

Well..
True.
They only have 3 TV so...... max is 3 games may go on at once....
However I believe that Giga has a better environment.
Up to you guys ay.....
Depends how many people SAY YES!

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

hmmmm, cant hurt in having more tournys in other places i guess......

if the numbers are good, i'll be keen....lol i'll say yup right now with my invisible partner haha ::)
The New Generation Clockw0rk

zos'la

I personally don't think this is such a good idea now.

1: xLan just finish and everyone is still resting.
2: We  are having a session on the 25th of July at RvB so this will be one week after another which is not a good idea since most of us have our things to do in life.
3: Our National Tournament is 2 weeks after so that also not a good idea.

Personally I beleive we can start this either in September or Octboer, Rushing it now is going be a bit of a mess from my perspective.

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: zosla on July 13, 2009, 02:31:44 PM

2: We  are having a session on the 25th of July at RvB

i did not know this......oooo xcited....

i must humbly retract my entry :-\ :-X :-[
The New Generation Clockw0rk

zos'la

the Idea which originally from Lenny is a good one.
Tho we need to find a suitable time for it to start, these coming weeks will be quiet busy for everyone so I think just to let people get the practice they need and chill out a bit until the National tourny.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I have to agree with Andy on this. Its a little too soon, and weve got events coming up.

It might be an idea to promote it a bit more at the next tourney. Try and draw a few more people onto the website. No reason we cant start THINKING about it in the meantime. But starting to plan it at this stage i think would be a mistake.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

I think its a good idea tbh.  The stuff im talking about will be a bit different.  That will start after the August tournament, and will be a regular semi-casual tournament to foster competition and tournament experience on a bi-monthly basis.

I actually think that as long as the tournament Simon is running is going to be run "independant" of NZism (due to issues we might have with sponsors atm), then it should be fine.  The more tournaments the better!

I think its awesome that someone else is picking up the mantle and organising something else, and it is an example of someone giving back to the community.  As long as he gets the dates right, I reckon it'll end up being a great tourney, and a great experience.

The more stuff we have like this, the better our community is going to get.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on July 13, 2009, 03:49:44 PM
I think its a good idea tbh.  The stuff im talking about will be a bit different.  That will start after the August tournament, and will be a regular semi-casual tournament to foster competition and tournament experience on a bi-monthly basis.

I actually think that as long as the tournament Simon is running is going to be run "independant" of NZism (due to issues we might have with sponsors atm), then it should be fine.  The more tournaments the better!

I think its awesome that someone else is picking up the mantle and organising something else, and it is an example of someone giving back to the community.  As long as he gets the dates right, I reckon it'll end up being a great tourney, and a great experience.

For sure. I dont imagine we would want to slap the NZism badge all over RVB's competitors when they've been so good to us.

I like the sound of it too, my only concern being that we would effectively be cutting our entrant numbers in half. However after the next tourney, we might have a whole lot more, so who knows.

This reminds me, we (marvel players) should start thinking about JHE2009. Although, we might want to try to rope in a bit of new blood after it drops on 360/PS3, but thats a different topic alltogether.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE]iRONSoL

Quote from: ILL_BILL on July 13, 2009, 03:58:39 PM
This reminds me, we (marvel players) should start thinking about JHE2009.

What's that?

..Joe's House EVO!?!
pringles

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: iRONsoL on July 13, 2009, 06:51:18 PM
Quote from: ILL_BILL on July 13, 2009, 03:58:39 PM
This reminds me, we (marvel players) should start thinking about JHE2009.

What's that?

..Joe's House EVO!?!

That's exactly what it is.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

I have already address that issue with regards to avoid being it done by Nzism. It would be something from either Giga/ Simon organize, Nzism is of course invited.

DVS

After having just two Tournaments under my belt and seeing what practise partners are available on the (sometimes) laggy x-box live, I'd be down for more regular mini tournaments and getting some prectise against peeps wif skills in match ups I'm not yet used to. Budsfist and I basically trained in 'Ken Vs Ryu' situations which doesn't really expand either of our games (although in saying that we have improved shitloads playing against each other week in and week out).

All things considered we'd have to check out what else is on and what venues (and sponsors) will look after us. I personally have contacts in radio if you fullas wanna get the word out to a larger audience.

Holla if it's a yes NZISM-ites...if were gunna do it, let's go full steam.

Peace,

DVS
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

fluxcore

Hrm, I'm a little confused about what you're proposing? We're definitely keen to get as much exposure as possible, since almost everyone has played some kind of fighting game in their lifetime, and just maybe if they knew there were other people around trying to organise things they'd tag along too.

It's always better to actually have something planned to advertise though, and at the moment we're just in planning stages of future events...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

DVS

Quote from: fluxcore on August 17, 2009, 07:48:35 PM
Hrm, I'm a little confused about what you're proposing? We're definitely keen to get as much exposure as possible, since almost everyone has played some kind of fighting game in their lifetime, and just maybe if they knew there were other people around trying to organise things they'd tag along too.

It's always better to actually have something planned to advertise though, and at the moment we're just in planning stages of future events...

For sure dude, I just wanted to put it out there -when there is something nailed down (whatever format it might be), I can help get the word out there. I just think you guys deserve a bit more exposure -I wasn't sure what to expect when I first turned up to one of your jam sessions -and I was impressed at how organized it was & how supportive the crew was.
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

fluxcore

Sounds good.

Yeah, we try to help out anyone who wants to learn, as long as they make it known! Anyone that asks a question will get some kind of answer, there's decades of knowledge even just in this little forum. I know I've probably expending a good percentage of my brain capacity by filling it with various fighting game tidbits :o

Having said that, we're open to suggestions on how to improve things as well, either the website, events, whatever... we've had a few really great ideas that have fallen by the wayside, but they can definitely be resurrected, so there's still a pretty rosy future as long as people stay interested.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness