• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Regular Doubles Tournaments and Grind Sessions

Started by Lennysaurus, July 02, 2009, 04:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

Alright guys.  

The "L" man has a plan.  

Basically, after discussion with Alan, I think it will be a good idea to run an event once per month.  I was thinking of doing it this way.

On the first Saturday of every month we will be running an event at RVB.  The event will be one of two things.

One event will be a grind session as we have been runnning them lately.  This will give us a chance to get some competitive games in and level up the community.

The other event will be a doubles tourney.  So teams of two, double elimination, and the entry fee per team will be 20 bucks.  The prize will be the entry fee split for the top 3 placing teams.  60/30/10.  Rules and etc will get finalised.

the idea is that these will be regular.  So we wont go through the big hooplah of doing posters and what not all the time.  (When we do big events we can go down that path).  

The main point of these events is to maintain interest, particualarly since our player base is about to get larger thanks to the PC release.

Homai te feedbacks e hoa ma!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

HoneyBadger

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on July 02, 2009, 04:12:42 PM

word. Mini tournaments would be cool, can we sorta mix it up though? Doubles all the time would get sorta =/
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Will

Learning....

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Smoofikith on July 02, 2009, 04:15:08 PM
Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on July 02, 2009, 04:12:42 PM

word. Mini tournaments would be cool, can we sorta mix it up though? Doubles all the time would get sorta =/

Yeah down the line we can look at that.  But for now lets just get this going, and we can cross that bridge when we get there.

geneterror

This is an awesome idea! Especially becasue I can't make it to Yifans during the week anymore.
KOW 2011

CrazyMobius

Quote from: geneterror on July 02, 2009, 08:35:58 PM
This is an awesome idea! Especially becasue I can't make it to Yifans during the week anymore.

Don't worry you aint missing much. Actually this will be good. It'll give a chance for the console characters to be an option in a public arena. And create another option to Yifans distorted screen and questionable competition.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: CrazyMobius on July 02, 2009, 09:40:30 PM

Don't worry you aint missing much. Actually this will be good. It'll give a chance for the console characters to be an option in a public arena. And create another option to Yifans distorted screen and questionable competition.

Man.. lately Ive been feeling like youve been reaching into my brain and pulling out what Im thinking and posting it on these forums lately.

Where the fuck is Steven lately that punk bitch?!?  Im calling you out Steven!!!  Next session you better be there yo!

HoneyBadger

Steven is at Yifans most nights after work =P
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on July 02, 2009, 10:08:32 PM

Man.. lately Ive been feeling like youve been reaching into my brain and pulling out what Im thinking and posting it on these forums lately.

Where the fuck is Steven lately that punk bitch?!?  Im calling you out Steven!!!  Next session you better be there yo!

Must be the old school mindset aye? Man yeah haven't seen or heard from Steven in aaaages. I know he's pretty busy working on some projects for the last couple of years though.

zos'la

And create another option to Yifans distorted screen and questionable competition.

haha I didn't see this, love that comment. How true is that? this really crack me up at work here...
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

so any updates on the whence this will be commencing? ??? ???
The New Generation Clockw0rk

zos'la

I have ask the admins and awaiting their reply and post for updates with regards to these sessions.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

ABC_SMN

[doubles tourney.  So teams of two, double elimination, and the entry fee per team will be 20 bucks.  The prize will be the entry fee split for the top 3 placing teams.  60/30/10.  Rules and etc will get finalised.]

First Saturday sounds good.
Btw. should we make this happen in Giga Net Cafe?
I have asked the boss already and seem he is so keen for it on 1st AUGUST!
Just wondering how many people will be interested. If it is split the POT for the fees as a price.
I will ask him what he will charge for the place...... Eventhough, Might be free :P

Therefore I will talk to him tonight or with andy if he is Free.... and Sort something out quickly. As I have mention this in Xlan. I thought Gino and Fluxcore also are able to come along.
AND!!!!!!

GET YOUR TEAMS READY!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Giga isnt particularly large. Depending on how many people are interested, RVB might be a better venue.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.