• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Evo 2009 Stream!!!

Started by Will, July 13, 2009, 10:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

http://evo2k.com/live/

Counting down atm, caaaannnnntttt wait!  :o  ;D
Learning....

CrazyMobius

I don't get it. It says there is 364 days left. ?

Will

Hmmm they screwed that up, should start at 4am NZ time if it starts at 9am vegas time.
Learning....

Chuckk

tournament streaming continues in 20minutes.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

maelgrim

Back on, but pretty laggy
oh well better than nothing
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

Will

Yea its not that bad imo, better then nothing. Didnt catch the stream from the start tho but heard its been down most of the time.
Learning....

maelgrim

Biggest problem is that git commentating - Arturo - he won't shut up
Seth K had some great commentry, at least he knows what he is seeing.

Combofiend & Dan (Daigo's sparing buddy) have been the most impressive that I have seen.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Dan from japan is killing it...hes mean good

and combofiend is mean aswell...

but dagger.g's guile was pretty mean....and gillys
The New Generation Clockw0rk

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Gah. I didnt see anything decent today since i didnt have much time. And now im at work and the fuckers arent even playing. I want to see more of Buk's Fuerte.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

maelgrim

Well semi's start tomorrow afternoon (ourtime) so thats when will see some great matches. There were some good one's today but also quite a few demolishings.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: ILL_BILL on July 18, 2009, 07:11:38 PM
Gah. I didnt see anything decent today since i didnt have much time. And now im at work and the fuckers arent even playing. I want to see more of Buk's Fuerte.

Bukfuerte is killa mean.....haha

i rekon hes better then that kai dude....play styles are quite different, but buk looked more in control of his match....
The New Generation Clockw0rk

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Yea Buk is probably the best Fuerte stateside atm. Kai's fuerte is ok. Not much better than mine from what i can tell. If i stopped losing to stupid STUPID stuff anyway. >_>

Real fuerte's to watch are Tetsu and TKD in the japanese TRF tourneys. That shit is insane. It makes fuerte's ground game look heaps better than it actually is. Totally different playstyle than what youre used to with Fuerte.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: ILL_BILL on July 18, 2009, 10:26:10 PM
Yea Buk is probably the best Fuerte stateside atm. Kai's fuerte is ok. Not much better than mine from what i can tell. If i stopped losing to stupid STUPID stuff anyway. >_>

Real fuerte's to watch are Tetsu and TKD in the japanese TRF tourneys. That shit is insane. It makes fuerte's ground game look heaps better than it actually is. Totally different playstyle than what youre used to with Fuerte.

Bro thats a pretty bold statement lol.  If youre fuerte were anywhere near Kais, youd be fucking up everyone left right and centre.  Dont forget that Kai is the only fuerte in america to have placed first in any sort of decent tournament (cant remember the name of it but he beat combofeind, Watson and EDMA to win it). 

I prefer Kais fuerte.  He relies less on the wake up games imo.  Buk tends to be crazy and shit lol, but I can see him zooming around the screen only to get WTFPWNED by an uppercut into ultra etc.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on July 19, 2009, 12:44:01 AM
Quote from: ILL_BILL on July 18, 2009, 10:26:10 PM

Bro thats a pretty bold statement lol.  If youre fuerte were anywhere near Kais, youd be fucking up everyone left right and centre.  Dont forget that Kai is the only fuerte in america to have placed first in any sort of decent tournament (cant remember the name of it but he beat combofeind, Watson and EDMA to win it).  

I prefer Kais fuerte.  He relies less on the wake up games imo.  Buk tends to be crazy and shit lol, but I can see him zooming around the screen only to get WTFPWNED by an uppercut into ultra etc.

You reckon? From what ive seen, Kai is MORE about the wake up games than Buk. But to be honest i havent really seen a lot from either player. Hell, i didnt even know Kai had won anthing. Im sure by the time Evo is over my opinion will change, since you probably have a better grasp of how each of them play than i do.

And i think i would be relatively good if i didnt constantly fall for the stupidest stuff ever concieved. I open my matches quite strong now, but i tend to lose concentration mid round and start screwing up.

The statement probably is a bit bold. I dont think im THAT far from kai, but there are a couple of significant humps in my way at this point. Again, i should probably watch more matches before i start comparing myself to these guys. I realise i have no hope in hell of a win in the USA. (Talking about a regular match here btw. I dont even think im tournament level for THIS country yet.)
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

maelgrim

I loved it when Seth was commenting a Dan (from Japan) match yesterday.
He stun's is opponent in the corner (another Ryu) but only does a single Hurricane.
Seth's like "Wow thats high level stuff there, sacrificing damage for position" (opponent was still stuck in the corner).

I'm thinking heh nobody would ever think that if it was me  ;D