• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZism's final pre-nationals training session THIS WEEKEND 25th July

Started by fluxcore, July 20, 2009, 07:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Sorry for the late notice, just realised there wasn't a thread for this yet!

Usual story, $5 entry, noon->6pm fighting games non stop! bring your sticks.

We also intend to hold some 'tutorial lectures' discussing basic game tricks and strategies that we feel many newcomers to the scene may not be aware of.

Be there!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

Will

Awww man, cant make it, away for the weekend  :( Ill be at the aug tourn for sure tho.
Learning....

fluxcore

Since we've got 8 setups this time, should we have a dedicated mvc2 and a blazblue setup? That would still leave 6 for sfiv.

Maybe even an hdr?

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

maelgrim

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: fluxcore on July 21, 2009, 08:03:05 AM
Since we've got 8 setups this time, should we have a dedicated mvc2 and a blazblue setup? That would still leave 6 for sfiv.

Maybe even an hdr?

Much as i would like a marvel setup, the delay on those monitors is pretty bad. You almost always need a CRT for that shit.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Were the monitors on 'game' mode?

I can bring my dc + the 2 arcade sticks for it that everyone was mocking at xlan, they certainly aren't TE sticks but they work fine. It's more just to show people what's coming up at the end of the month so they can get hype.

Not sure if we'd have enough for BB. It really depends on how many ppl bring their sticks. I urge everyone to do so for great communist NZism!

Discipline! Justice! Commitment!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: fluxcore on July 21, 2009, 09:01:47 AM
Were the monitors on 'game' mode?

I can bring my dc + the 2 arcade sticks for it that everyone was mocking at xlan, they certainly aren't TE sticks but they work fine. It's more just to show people what's coming up at the end of the month so they can get hype.

Not sure if we'd have enough for BB. It really depends on how many ppl bring their sticks. I urge everyone to do so for great communist NZism!

Discipline! Justice! Commitment!

Good question about game mode. Admittedly, ive tried going through those settings with similar monitors to no avail, but im pretty good at being wrong when it comes to this sort of stuff.

Im sure somehow we can manage a BB setup. We just need to put aside a PS3 and two sticks. Are we doing it the same as last time? Around where the main monitor is? or are we jacking a couple of those blocks in the middle?
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

tnzk

Damn don't think I can make it. If I can anyway, where's the training session at? RvB?

I might be of some help coz I got a Madcatz TE stick.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: tnzk on July 21, 2009, 09:47:30 AM
Damn don't think I can make it. If I can anyway, where's the training session at? RvB?

I might be of some help coz I got a Madcatz TE stick.

Yea RVB. Rock up if you can bro. :)
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.