• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighter IV Nationals August 09

Started by CrazyMobius, August 15, 2009, 08:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Sorry if there is another thread on this one but thought it would be cool to start fresh.

Firstly thanks so much for Alan Lenny Andy and RVB. Awesome, awesome day. Congrats to Simon for taking the title. Mean Sagat.

Good to put a face to some of the names I've met online, Cpt Munta, Coffindrop, Weazy, Ericson, Skullator to name a few. Also good to catch up with the ol school regulars.

Sux that I got put up against James twice! But them the breaks. -_-.

Can't wait to see the matches uploaded on youtube or something and here the post tournament evaluations!

Awesome stuff!

Hydro

Yeah bro, fully thanks to Alan, Lenny and Andy for the awesome as day. You guys really made a kick ass event today.

Chrissie and I are looking / working through the footage now, should be up soon.

Great to put names to faces: Skullator, Coffindrop, Ericson, Pjai, Techhit, Eru, and many others, and of course my bro from the deep south CptMunta!

Props to Kevin, Simon, Ben and Andy for some intense battles in the finals. Awesome shit.

Best match for me:

Simon (Crazymobius) Dhalsim VS Matt (lightweight) Honda

EPIC YIFANS GRUDGE MATCH

Will post here with the youtube links for you all to look over and be amazed. It's be great to see the standings/rankings from the day too!

Kinetic_IQ

Mean day, mean atmosphere, props to the organisers, shot to all the competitors.

Chuuurrr!!!
Formerly manawakore. Had to switch it up.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Just finished having my cry :'(

Sooooooo shatered i done shit at tourney, nerves are gay. Fucken paused twice against munta, fucking shit, ggs though. I redeemed myself in the casuals, but still , if it aint in tourney it dont mean shit.

someone should've recorded that 5-0 ass jacking i gave Hue (let the excuses come) to see the Sagat that should've won. Nah allgood, thanks FLUX,LEO and RVB and shit, and shout out to the girl at the bus stop who wanted me to take her home and rip into her (She was keen man, she was keen )

Dont get TOO HYPE it makes the nerves worst i reckon.
My favourite match:
James vs Hue
or Crazymob vs Imagneto
or all those Fei matches
My worst match:
Youuuuuuuuuuuu MUUUUNNNNNTTTTTTAAAAAAA!!!!,,, FUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK.
pause buttton can suck a phat one.Peace i'm out.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Chuckk

RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Oh 1st Simon(Sagat/Abel) 2nd Kevin (Zangief) 3rd Ben(Boxer/Sagat) tough titties to everyone else.Wait till you see the matchvidz theres some mean ones.

Fuck i'm sick as now too, anyone else get sick?.It's probably because i STOPPED DRINKING. Fuck the pigs had a breathalyser chech point on the onramp to go west, they pulled up the guy infront of me and waved me through, so guess i do have a lil luck.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

TechHit

Nice to meet everyone

CptMunta, Weazy, CrazyMobius, Taiboas, Lenny, Hydro_jm, etc.

Couldn't play to save my life.  Serves me right for not playing enough!  But enjoyed the event nonetheless.

Chuckk

gd shit placers and everyone else who went.
look forward too vids.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

stereomonkey

Congrats on everybody that came to the event.  It was hype! :D

As everybody else has said it was really awesome to put the faces to the usernames on the forum.  Good to see  kingpicollo, zosla, xPunch, gankatron and jack, dvs, crazymobius, ill bill, primo, electric (abel stick for the win), lightweight, gunsmoke, coffindrop, Hue, tech hit, weazzyefff, geneterror, cpt munta, code and so much more!  Good to see some familiar faces, gino, fluxcore, iMagneto, B1ackstar Ninja, smoof, Lennysaurs, massi4h, hydrokinesis, skullator, Devilstar, simonfish.

Wish I had time to chat to everybody that went because you guys are what keep the community alive.  Good games to everybody who had participated in the tournament.

I'm so fucking tired from holding my krusty little camera recording matches all day.  With the matches we have filmed I will try to get them edited and up on youtube for all you guys to see.

Tired, going to sleep, will eddit this later dfvnmfvbfvh vhfvh nmmkmzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
* stereomonkey is out cold
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Lennysaurus

Was an awesome, awesome day.

Big ups to our judges who put in a massive effort.

Big ups to the sponsors that dropped all; the phat loot for us.

Big ups to the community for fucking showing up and contributing to the largest fighting game tourney I have ever seen in NZ.

Simonfish grats mate you deserved it!  You didnt get it given to you easily, as you plowed through some tough matches.

To the rest of you!  No time to rest on your laurels.  Get yourself a partner and start training!   Watch this space!  Doubles tourneys coming soon!

Be ready!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

Wow, thanks so much everyone for coming, all up there were 47 entrants, so it was actually really close to the number I was expecting.

Huge thanks to RvB, time and time again they provide such a great venue and service, and were really understanding even though we went a bit over the time by which we had to be out of there. Also for sorting out the pre-release Tekken 6 setup, which I never even got to see, but I hear it was there! Anyone from here get to try it out?

Thanks to the sponsors, Monaco (NZ importers of Capcom games and some other stuff, for many games and figurines), GIGA internet cafe (for the 2nd place prize stick plus lots more), Buttonmasher.co.nz (for some really sweet games), and Mark One comics & games Hamilton (for giving me a good price on the comics).

Thanks Toomeke and Geneterror for helping out with the 1st prize stick and artwork, your contributions are very much appreciated (and will be compensated for of course :))

Huge thanks to the judges for volunteering, I know it meant you sometimes missed seeing some big matches, and perhaps didn't have quite the opportunity to think about your own games as much.

Super thanks to Lenny and Andy, my right and left hands, couldn't have done it without you guys.

And of course the biggest thanks to everyone that entered! There's no event without you, and this really made me feel like all the effort our community has put into all of this has paid off. It's been a long hard road for NZism, so it's really great to have such an awesome turnout and competition. You should all be really proud of yourselves for stepping up and competing, and I hope to see all you at future events!

BTW all comments and feedback is appreciated!

Without further ado, here are the results (in chronological order):
(w) indicates the winner, * indicates match was played on the main screen and could well have been recorded (the camera battery died in the middle there somewhere)
I'll put the full bracket up when I get it off Lenny :)

Budafist (w) vs ADism 2-0
Cr8zyk1ll3r (w) vs EricsonAU 2-0*
Weazzy vs Cpt Munta (2) 2-1 (including two pause round losses by weazzy!)
CrazyMobius (w) vs Karizzma 2-0
Skullator vs Jacksmash (w) 2-0*
Xpunch vs CODE (w) 2-1
Ultrasmasher vs Tech Hit (w) 2-0
Kingpiccolo (w) vs Komenany 2-0*
Electric (w) vs Leggetron 2-0
Tyrant vs Coldfire (w) 2-1*
Smash Ace vs PJai (w) 2-0
CODE vs Xpunch (w) 2-1 (big upset!)
Primosmash (w) vs Willsmash 2-0
DVS (w) vs ILL BILL 2-1
Cr8zyk1ll3r (w) vs iMagneto 2-1*
Devilstar (w) vs Electric 2-0
Ruthless vs Coffindrop (w) 2-0
Zosla (w) vs CptMunta 2-0
NasileUltimateSmash vs Gankatron (w) 2-0
Massi4h vs Coldfire (w) 2-1
Toomeke (w) vs DVS 2-0
Gino (w) vs Primosmash 2-0*
Stereomonkey vs KingPiccolo (w) 2-0
Tech hit (w) vs Aye Bro 2-0
Simonfish (w) vs Jacksmash 2-1*
Devilstar (w) vs PJai 2-0
Hydrokinesis (w) vs CrazyMobius 2-1
Janus vs TheGuileGuy (w) 2-1*
Smoofikith vs Coffindrop (w) 2-1
Gino (w) vs Coldfire 2-0
Gankatron vs LightWeight! 2-0
TheGuileGuy (w) vs IronSol 2-1
BlackStar vs XPunch (w) 2-1*
Toomeke (w) vs Tech-hit 2-0
Budafist vs Simonfish (w) 2-0
KingPiccolo (w) vs LightWeight! 2-0*
Zosla vs TheGuileGuy (w) 2-0
Hydrokinesis (w) vs Cr8zyk1ll3r 2-1
Gankatron (w) vs CODE 2-1*
xpunch (w) vs coffindrop 2-0
jacksmash (w) vs leggetron 2-0
crazymobius (w) vs janus 2-0
cpt munta (w) vs ericsonAU 2-0
ADism vs Geneterror (w) 2-0
Skullator (w) vs Electric 2-0*
Massi4h (w) vs Ultrasmasher 2-0
Ironsol (w) vs Karizzma 2-1*
DVS (w) vs Willsmash 2-0
Aye Bro (w) vs Tyrant 2-0
Geneterror vs Budafist (w) 2-0
Stereomonkey (w) vs Ruthless 2-0*
Smoofikith (w) vs Komenany 2-0
ILL BILL vs Primosmash (w) 2-0*
Devilstar (w) vs Xpunch 2-0
Weazzy vs iMagneto (w) 2-1
SmashAce (w) vs ADism 2-1
TheGuileGuy (w) vs Gino 2-0
Kingpiccolo vs Simonfish (w) 2-0*
Jacksmash (w) vs Geneterror 2-0
Toomeke (w) vs Hydrokinesis 2-0
Massi4h (w) vs primosmash 2-0*
NasileUltimateSmash vs Blackstar (w) forfeit
Stereomonkey vs Gankatron (w) 2-0*
CptMunta (w) vs IronSol 2-1
Smashace vs Skullator (w) 2-0
Aye Bro vs DVS (w) 2-0
iMagneto vs CrazyMobius (w) 2-1*
Tech-hit vs Gankatron (w) 2-0
Coffindrop vs Massi4h (w) 2-0
Blackstar vs Smoofikith (w) 2-1
LightWeight! (w) vs DVS 2-0
CptMunta (w) vs PJai 2-0
Toomeke vs Devilstar (w) 2-0*
CrazyMobius (w) vs Budafist 2-0
Coldfire vs Smoofikith (w) 2-0
Simonfish (w) vs TheGuileGuy 2-0*
Cr8zyK1ll3r (w) vs Jacksmash 2-0*
Skullator vs Zosla (w) 2-0*
Cr8zyK1ll3r (w) vs Gankatron 2-0*
LightWeight! vs CrazyMobius (w) 2-1*
CptMunta (w) vs Massi4h 2-1
Zosla (w) vs Smoofikith 2-1*
KingPiccolo vs Cr8zyKill3r (w) 2-0*
Gino (w) vs CptMunta 2-0*
Zosla (w) vs XPunch 2-0*
HydroKinesis (w) vs CrazyMobius 2-0*
Gino vs CrazyKiller (w) 2-0*
HydroKinesis vs Zosla (w) 2-1*
Toomeke (w) vs Cr8zyk1ll3r 2-0*
TheGuileGuy vs Zosla (w) 2-1* (with zosla switching to sagat...)

Winners Finals
SimonFish (w) vs Devilstar 2-1

Loser's Semifinals
Toomeke (w) vs Zosla 2-1*

Loser's Finals
Devilstar (w) vs Toomeke 2-1*

Grand Finals
Simonfish (w) vs Devilstar 3-0*
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

maelgrim

47 entrants - thats a good turn out
will make seeding a bit easier / more accurate for the next event.

congrats to all
wish I could have been there.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Hydro

Actually, Andy (Zosla) and I went 2-1 not 2-0 not that it mattered at all. ;) (Should have really won that last one I think :D)

xpunch

shot boys mean as day met alot of cool az peepz specially u weezy cuzzz hahaha gg's to all the dudes I came up agaisnt and big ups to the judges lenny and flux mean as to be part of a sf4 tourny. Lol at the game between me and blakstar sorry about the pausing lol just tried to speed fings up like I do on xbox live hahaha but when I play on live it doesnt pause the game. had the mean shakey az hands, and them hondas, them ryus, those sagatz dat feilong toomekez rog dvs simon mean as profesh dudez big upz to all the nzism boiz and shout out to my pregnent mrs who showed up for my last match to watch me gett crushed by zolsa hahaha mean day boiz any one keen to take me under there wing for the 2 man team hit mee up hahaha