• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighter IV Nationals August 09

Started by CrazyMobius, August 15, 2009, 08:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on August 17, 2009, 02:15:03 AM
How come you didn't come to the tournament Jay ?? We were looking forward to see you there.
Yeah Jay, where the hell you been negro, and WTF are you guys doing up at 2:30am, dont you have school Hue,
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

Quote from: weazzyefff on August 17, 2009, 02:33:07 AM
How come you didn't come to the tournament Jay ?? We were looking forward to see you there.
Yeah Jay, where the hell you been negro, and WTF are you guys doing up at 2:30am, dont you have school Hue,

oh bro had to meet my misses parents for the first time, its quite big for the island families, im just glad i got it over and done with lol gutted ass i couldn't make it
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

Cr8zyK1LL3r

thanks to the tournament being held on Sat. I spent all friday's night for practice + all Saturday for the tourney then went to giga until 2-3am with fluxcore, gino, lenny, etc.... Now i need to work overnight to catch up with the tests and assignments. And yes, i have school tomorrow. I'm half dead already.
I wish i'm as strong as Ryu so that I can go there and SHINKYU-HADOUKEN my school away.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on August 17, 2009, 03:08:01 AM
thanks to the tournament being held on Sat. I spent all friday's night for practice + all Saturday for the tourney then went to giga until 2-3am with fluxcore, gino, lenny, etc.... Now i need to work overnight to catch up with the tests and assignments. And yes, i have school tomorrow. I'm half dead already.
I wish i'm as strong as Ryu so that I can go there and SHINKYU-HADOUKEN my school away.
AHH LOL, your school would probably perfect you with all that studying.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: wick3d wayz on August 17, 2009, 02:46:52 AM

oh bro had to meet my misses parents for the first time, its quite big for the island families, im just glad i got it over and done with lol gutted ass i couldn't make it
SHUX!!! you DEFinately got your priorities mixed up this time bro lol.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

4:36am in the morning and i'm still awake. zzzzz..... >.<"

Edit: 4:47am in the morning* Everyone has gone to sleep (K.O). I'm the only one left. I won :D

CptMunta

Woah, where to start?
this is gonna be huge so feel free to just find your name read your comment and move on if you like. Here goes....

For someone who comes from a place with absolutely no scene this whole weekend of SF geekdom really meant alot to me. I haven't seen anything like this anywhere since Super turbo was on the scene and even then the passion or even number of players was even close.

First off thanks for everyone for being so generous, friendly and supportive. Also for keeping the scene alive! Great to meet you all in person.

Cheers for everyone for listening to me ramble on (I talk even more in real life). I rarely get to have any strat, matchup or even character conversations out loud to anyone with any sort of opinion.  ;)

It was awesome to be able to rub shoulders with all these top players and the 4 on 4 at giga with you guys was hell o' fun!

Graham/Geneterror
Cheers to you and Suzanna for having me stay at your pad. Also sharing all your insider knowledge on how the scene evolved who plays who, how they play.
Also for all the epic casuals in the church of
Blazblue (Probably gonna buy it)
KOF12 (Might pick up if netcode improves, more DLC),
MvC2 lesson, schooling (Bought a can of mini pringles on the plane ride home.... real talk) and of course ....
Street Fighter IV (You and steve vs my bro goodtimes :)

Lenny
Thanks for all the insider knowledge. You are a fighting game encyclopedia! Shame you didn't get throw down at the tourney we had some fun casuals though. Cheers for the car rides and showing me all the good places to eat, Auckland YUM! Be keen to hear your top 5 funk album list. Also Auckland airport Hyper Fighting Casual maddness!

King Piccolo
Your Fei is sick, boosted my confidence in the console cast. Also you and the crew hear go was back so it was cool to hear the stories from you guys.

Stu/Stereomonkey
Awesome Project Justice/Hyper Fighting matches at Yifans, cheers for all the footage and for capturing all the matches. I'll put together a fun vid over the next few weeks.

James/Hydro, CrazyMobius/Simon
Thanks for all your advice pre tourney and during the tourney. You guys are the scientists of street fighter. It great how you break down the games and matchups. Also thank you for taping my matches! If there's some way I can get hold of them that would be awesome!  8) Also your matches were some of my favs to watch. Bummer you got paired twice even! Mad for some epic battles though.  :)

Coffindrop
Man rocking the Honda! awesome to see you do so well bro. Keep at it :)

Andy
Had no idea it was you I was fighting! Thank's for schooling me with your Ryu. And for baiting me twice for the two times I caught you with my Scarf.

Kevin/Simon
Thanks for all the chats and Kevin for schooling me with Gief at Yifan's also for the after team tourney games at Yifan's. Simon that Abel match was tense.

Smoof
Cheers for the invite to stay at your pad all those months ago. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have even made it up here. Also GJ on the judging. Cool watching your Sagat matches later on too.

Gino
Fuck I hate Blanka. Good match that peaced me out of the tourney. Sorry I didn't make it harder for you  ;) Good to catch up though man. Next time more scarf less balls.  ;)

Alan/Fluxcore
Awesome Seth Rose match. Best Seth I've ever played hands down. That rushdown is sick! Cool to catch up, congrats on a successful event. And for the prizes I was honored.  :) Rose recognition!

Hue
Cheers for all your help too. And for the words of praise about my Rose play, really means alot coming from a player such as yourself.

Weazzy
Bro, sorry. Good match that last one though. I was holding back a bit in our casuals before the match just in case we met in the tourney. I had a bag of tricks to use and your nerves let me use them on you. Glad you got some good casuals in though.

Euan
DA DAMAGAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!! Good Ken match in the Team tourney Bro.

PJai
Epic match man. We were both playing the meta game hard with Honda, Sagat, Akuma, Rose psyche outs. Glad I fluked that Ultra on crossup. Down to the wire!

IronSol (I think, that Honda player)
Another epic match, probably my fav actually. EX Reflect beats sumo butt WTF!

To everyone else I played at the tournament thanks for the epic games.

Also Alan if I could grab a pile of NZism cards/flyers off you and I'll plonk em' in all of the games stores down here! Build the SI community. I'm sick of online, doesn come even close to the old school styles!
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

zos'la

It was great to meet you CptMunta !!!
Thanks for all your support with the Promo vids and coming all the way up Auckland to support this tournament!!! much appreciated.

Be safe down there and hope we can meet again!!!

on a side note for your information: I would recommend you getting the PC version of SF4 if you can as I believe it has a lot of skillful players on there and the range of play style will be different. Best way to improve ones knowledge/ skills is to play much more different variety of players. :)

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

NP Marc, shame we didn't catch up again on Sunday (Lenny wtf man, what was that?!?) - I really must get around to making the business card into a reasonably sized file so I can put it up on the site. Good showing in the tourney though, and I hope I get to see your matches as well! (if they were recorded, does that give some hope that Hydro's matches were recorded as well?!?!)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Hydro

Quote from: fluxcore on August 17, 2009, 09:43:03 AM
NP Marc, shame we didn't catch up again on Sunday (Lenny wtf man, what was that?!?) - I really must get around to making the business card into a reasonably sized file so I can put it up on the site. Good showing in the tourney though, and I hope I get to see your matches as well! (if they were recorded, does that give some hope that Hydro's matches were recorded as well?!?!)

I've got all mine recorded here at home, EXCEPT my second battle vs Som/Mobius, which should be on Stu's memory card???. The Hydro vs Cr8zyk1ll3r match is LOUD, I can hear Weazzy and Simon going HYDRO!!!!! And the finish is awesome! I'm having trouble with my internet connection, so I may have to go over to lenny's to upload them to the tube, then we can have a gander.

stereomonkey

Quote from: hydrokinesis on August 17, 2009, 09:59:40 AM
I've got all mine recorded here at home, EXCEPT my second battle vs Som/Mobius, which should be on Stu's memory card???. The Hydro vs Cr8zyk1ll3r match is LOUD, I can hear Weazzy and Simon going HYDRO!!!!! And the finish is awesome! I'm having trouble with my internet connection, so I may have to go over to lenny's to upload them to the tube, then we can have a gander.

Yeah James, I have them on my PC and so do Marc (CptMunta).  I'll try to fit sometime in tonight to get them edited and uploaded.

Awesome games to all the people out there :D
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

oh shit how could i forget the bro from the south island

gyeah gyeah....

cptmunta repping that rose....

CAPITAL LETTERS CHURR FOR THAT BROTHER FROM WAY DOWN UNDER
The New Generation Clockw0rk

zos'la

I need some photos to please if anyone took photos of the prizes and winners at teh end or anything at all on during the tournament please post in the match vids with the thread I open.

I really need them up soon so i can show to our sponsors!!!
thanks.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CptMunta

Quote from: hydrokinesis on August 17, 2009, 09:59:40 AM
Quote from: fluxcore on August 17, 2009, 09:43:03 AM

Cool bananas I wanna see that EX Reflect on the butt slam action on video....................................No Homo.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Gankatron

From me and Jack,

Thanks Flux, Lenny, Stu, Euan, Bill, Smooth and to the rest of the Admins that made it happen.

Was good to put faces to names and it was a real eye opener to see all the top guys.

once again congrats to Simon and the rest of the gigaboys, brothers la!

To Weezy > Your a fucking crack up brah! and that chick at the bus stop,...she couldnt get on that bus fast enough! jks :P

Cheers
Fong.