• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

2v2 SF4 at Giga Net Cafe

Started by ABC_SMN, August 16, 2009, 08:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

In the whole time since the PC version came out, I've only ever had two successful games, one vs you and one vs ashe. Also I think the port is kind of strange, feels weird to play it.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

weird?
I am sure you can give me a better answer than that as I've played all three versions of SF4 and the only thing I can say that is weird is that the speed differnce. PC > Xbox360 > PS3

Whatever the reason maybe, just jump on have some fun.
But in saying if you don't find any fun in it then that is another thing.
I believe you have other stuff you prefer :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

All 4 versions you mean. I dunno, it feels like they are all a bit different to me. Some of them I find one frame links easier, some of them I find some things impossible (I have never successfully done c.lk, s.lp, c.lk xx ultra with viper on the PC, whereas I can do it probably 40% of the time on xbox)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The speed is different on all of them. But it begs the question as to which one should be considered 'official'. US uses console, Japan uses Arcade. Id be tempted to say arcade, but who knows...

Additionally, the faster the game is, the more RSF's i seem to be able to hit >_<
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

I'm more consistent on PS3 than on XBox and Arcade, but I assume that's just because I play on PS3 a LOT more

Have yet to try the PC version though
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: fluxcore on September 01, 2009, 12:11:54 PM
All 4 versions you mean. I dunno, it feels like they are all a bit different to me. Some of them I find one frame links easier, some of them I find some things impossible (I have never successfully done c.lk, s.lp, c.lk xx ultra with viper on the PC, whereas I can do it probably 40% of the time on xbox)
LOL 40% , thats not consistent, i couldnt get it 100% either, that combos to bullshit, can you hit the FFF yet , sometimes i can do it consistently then others never, i reckon that combo's more important/necesary to win.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

fluxcore

Did I say it was consistent? No. But it's more consistent than 'never'.

And no, I can't do FFF consistently, I guess it would help my viper game, but it's not like it would dramatically change the matches that I lose, I lose them for other reasons.

Also I pretty much dropped Viper about 3 months back, so there's not a lot of point getting into a dick tugging match about it.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: fluxcore on September 01, 2009, 01:29:00 PM
Did I say it was consistent? No. But it's more consistent than 'never'.

And no, I can't do FFF consistently, I guess it would help my viper game, but it's not like it would dramatically change the matches that I lose, I lose them for other reasons.

Also I pretty much dropped Viper about 3 months back, so there's not a lot of point getting into a dick tugging match about it.
Oh man, why did you drop her for? Shes cool, a bit hard to win with her in some matches but when you get a couple of combos theyre dizzed and fucked, Do you play with all the chars or just a few, i think Gen gets the most spectacular perfects with me and sometimes viper, el fuerte alot harder to win with than Viper aswell.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Flux mains Seth. Which is awesome. Seth is great to watch, and interesting to fight.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: ILL_BILL on September 01, 2009, 09:44:46 PM
Flux mains Seth. Which is awesome. Seth is great to watch, and interesting to fight.
Seth is another one of those guys that are hard to win with, Sagats full ultra takes off nearly all of his life, man it must be hard maining only Seth. Flux must get fucked off bad losing to people with worst skill than him, kinda like you bill with fuerte lol.

fluxcore

What makes you think I lose to people with less skill? I don't have any particular difficulty in winning with Seth apart from against the Yifan's crew, and I haven't exactly played against them much.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: fluxcore on September 01, 2009, 10:27:36 PM
What makes you think I lose to people with less skill? I don't have any particular difficulty in winning with Seth apart from against the Yifan's crew, and I haven't exactly played against them much.
I play Seth too, it happens to me , i'm not ashamed too say it. I was perfecting this Sagat he had 5% Life left, then he random ultra'd the i had 10% life left, come on, thats never happened to you?  Be honest.

fluxcore

Oh of course I lose rounds to stupid stuff sometimes.

I think playing Seth gives you a longer-term view of things. Also to play the game exactly the same whether you've got 100% health or 1%. I just don't really care if I get hit by an ultra unless it's going to kill me, since I'm more or less fighting the same fight before and after. If anything it's easier once they don't have ultra anymore.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: fluxcore on September 01, 2009, 10:40:57 PM
Oh of course I lose rounds to stupid stuff sometimes.

I think playing Seth gives you a longer-term view of things. Also to play the game exactly the same whether you've got 100% health or 1%. I just don't really care if I get hit by an ultra unless it's going to kill me, since I'm more or less fighting the same fight before and after. If anything it's easier once they don't have ultra anymore.
Um yeah that ultra thing was just an example, i meant his hp being super shit in general. But yeah i do kinda get rush happy when i got a mean lead, it just sux when Seth 100 hits = 5 Tiger uppercuts (another example). But dont get me wrong Seth is cool but i wouldn't take him to war with everyone in the roster.

zos'la

what Flux is trying to say is that it gives you the practice you need to play at a constant level not matter what the situation is.

Seth is already very imba from what I can see and if you say to make him have life advantages too then it maybe inbalance... but in saying some will disagree as usual.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.