• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Capcom says Seth and Sagat are overpowered in SFIV

Started by Cr8zyK1LL3r, August 19, 2009, 06:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cr8zyK1LL3r

I was looking for some information about SF4 version 2. And I came across this, I think some people might be interested. :D

Everybody knows that Street Fighter IV has a few balance issues, and that characters like Seth and Sagat may be taking the piss just a little bit when it comes to how beefed up they are. Capcom has admitted as much, saying they perhaps turned out a "little" stronger than anticipated. You think?

"Yes, Seth and perhaps Sagat might have turned out a little bit stronger than we expected," admits the arcade version's assistant producer, Ryota Niitsuma.

I had a few games with Brodsta just now. This was the first time I could play 50/50 against his M.Bison. (yeah, you could guess, i was using Sagay lol). And i had 9 wins against a pretty good player at yifans today (I was using Sagat and I didn't even need to concentrate on the fights), normally my Ryu could only get 3 wins max from him. And I've never practiced Sagat.
Maybe the "rumor" about sagat is a little bit OP is true.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Man you must be fucking joking, Read the article on i play winner about why Sagat never wins tourneys (besides our one/counter pick i bet)

Stop bitching about Sagat, he is the king of all fighters. Besides i scrape up easier wins with Gen...... WAYYYYY easier wins.

And did they honestly say SETH is overpowered, yeah fucking right, killian must show us his Seth skills then, coz there must be something i'm missing.I wonder if hes talking about Seths 50/50, but he still far from overpowered.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

fluxcore

Yeah, this comment is about 2 months old and has been discussed to death already. Basically no-one even knows which seth he's talking about, since he's the arcade assistant producer - what does he know about the console one?

If Seth is so overpowered, show me *one* tournament that he's placed top 4 in.

As for sagat... I wouldn't say he's overpowered, he just does too much damage.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

this post asking asking for whinners to flame you Hue.
lock in up lol.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

HoneyBadger

Quote from: weazzyefff on August 19, 2009, 06:46:28 AM
Man you must be fucking joking, Read the article on i play winner about why Sagat never wins tourneys (besides our one/counter pick i bet)

Stop bitching about Sagat, he is the king of all fighters. Besides i scrape up easier wins with Gen...... WAYYYYY easier wins.

And did they honestly say SETH is overpowered, yeah fucking right, killian must show us his Seth skills then, coz there must be something i'm missing.I wonder if hes talking about Seths 50/50, but he still far from overpowered.

In Japan, Sagat wins quite a bit. It's just because America sucks at Sagat. I'd call him overpowered, but not broken.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: zosla on August 19, 2009, 07:56:11 AM
this post asking asking for whinners to flame you Hue.
lock in up lol.
lol , yeah i'm the one whining.

RETARD
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Smoofikith on August 19, 2009, 07:57:01 AM
Quote from: weazzyefff on August 19, 2009, 06:46:28 AM

In Japan, Sagat wins quite a bit. It's just because America sucks at Sagat. I'd call him overpowered, but not broken.
LOL, just read the fucking article, japan included  dipshit.

edit:sorry, sounded a bit agro in the text.But that article was wrote before gods garden. Know any others???

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: fluxcore on August 19, 2009, 07:48:50 AM

If Seth is so overpowered, show me *one* tournament that he's placed top 4 in.

Poongko- korean Nats

zos'la

ok mr 47th. lol.
bitching everyday, get a grip and wake up to reality, its daylight out there.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

Quote from: weazzyefff on August 19, 2009, 08:19:44 AM
Poongko- korean Nats

I would give you this one, if he didn't actually use his Ryu for most of the tournament.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: zosla on August 19, 2009, 08:46:56 AM
ok mr 47th. lol.
bitching everyday, get a grip and wake up to reality, its daylight out there.
????????Eat a fat dick

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: fluxcore on August 19, 2009, 09:06:57 AM
Poongko- korean Nats

I would give you this one, if he didn't actually use his Ryu for most of the tournament.
True, but still.

HoneyBadger

Quote from: weazzyefff on August 19, 2009, 09:28:46 AM
Quote from: fluxcore on August 19, 2009, 09:06:57 AM
Poongko- korean Nats

True, but still.

Well if Seth was so good, he'd just not use his Ryu.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

maelgrim

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Most people are pretty sure hes talking about boss seth. Seth the character is great, but his HP MAJORLY offsets his other strengths.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.