• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Customer Perspex covers for your TE sticks

Started by Gankatron, September 03, 2009, 11:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gankatron

Heya guys,

Fluxcore has covered this before however there wasn't much interest then, seeing as most ppl have a TE stick now would anyone be interested in getting a group buy together?

Its obviously the shipping thats the killer i.e 1 x Full panel cover is $24USD but the shipping for this is $31.55USD which in total = $80.67NZD landed.

However if we get atleast 5 it works out to be $46NZD roughly each.

Let me know if you are interested

p.s they also make other perspex panels as well not just Madcatz TE's

http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/index.cfm?loc=products&cat=1

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Hey wouldn't those make it uncomfortable due to stick height. Lenny and that have them.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

electric

I've got one -- to be honest I didn't even notice the difference -- the height of the stick doesn't change, just that your hand rests about 3mm or so higher than it would without the plexi. Makes zero difference, IMO
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

geneterror

Yo Gankatron, my TE turned up this morning finally and I'm keen. When are you planning on ordering, can you wait 'til after the weekend, early next week? Hard to turn it down if we can get enough of us to do them for $50.
KOW 2011

Gankatron

Quote from: weazzyefff on September 03, 2009, 11:49:10 AM
Hey wouldn't those make it uncomfortable due to stick height. Lenny and that have them.

Bro since your not use to your stick yet, just get one.

Gankatron

Quote from: geneterror on September 03, 2009, 12:08:21 PM
Yo Gankatron, my TE turned up this morning finally and I'm keen. When are you planning on ordering, can you wait 'til after the weekend, early next week? Hard to turn it down if we can get enough of us to do them for $50.

Sup Graham,

Yup just confirm to me via PM.

Also guys theres etchings and other little options you can do as well i.e not cutting the last 2 button holes etc. So if you just sort out exactly what your after and shoot me a PM i'll confirm the order in about a weeks time.

Cheers.

HoneyBadger

I wanna do this! But I need to find a badass picture to put on it first
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

maelgrim

Quote from: weazzyefff on September 03, 2009, 11:49:10 AM

Ive got one on my HRAP - I don't notice the extra height.
Ive still gotta get Lenny his - i'm looking at them right now :)

Also note he will do dust covers for the stick - which is cool if you want more of the art to show.
I got him to print & cut my art - yeah was a bit extra - but matched up perfectly plus he gives you the hole cut outs so you can do some funky buttons if you want.
He will also etch PS3 / 360 button symbols onto the plexi - which might be nice if you are like me and can't remember which button is which.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

fluxcore

I definitely noticed the lexan I put on my stick, the TE stick already seems to be mounted a bit lower than I would have liked it, which is why I put a nut underneath the balltop on mine (although this isn't exactly optimal either). Not sure exactly how thick my lexan is vs art's plexi though, so maybe it's not a problem.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

ceekaytwo

whats the difference between the regular, the extended and the ful for the TE stick

fluxcore

he has pictures of them all on the website which is linked in the first post
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

B BOY DRAW2

hmmm...I typed in a "perspex" search on TradeMe and got a result for a place in Tauranga that will cut to requirement...

I wonder...
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

Gankatron

I will be ordering these this Friday.

So far we only have 3 x Full Panels for the TE. Currently at $52 each. The more the better.

ceekaytwo

I'm keen for a full TE but I'm In Wellington. Would you mind sending it to me?

Lennysaurus

Quote from: ceekaytwo on September 10, 2009, 03:37:35 PM
I'm keen for a full TE but I'm In Wellington. Would you mind sending it to me?

Nah dude dont let dumb arse courier post handle your shit.  Youre better off ordering it straight from the dude and having a decent courier outfit (ie: fedex or DHL) deliver it cause courierpost WILL fuck this up.

Courierpost broke mine in the post so im waiting for them to reimburse me atm.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero