• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnstorm

brokenness isnt necesarily a bad thing though look at older games the more broken a game tends to be the more fun it is and the longer it lasts

for example  ST XvSF SF3:3S MvC2

and i understand balancing a game can be quite difficult but im surprissed to hear they arent gonna make characters worse just give them buffs lookin in sagats direction here

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: CrazyMobius on January 13, 2010, 10:42:15 AM
Quote from: DVS on January 13, 2010, 09:34:06 AM
 :-[ when I rip a fireball when a round starts

Don't do this.
The Sagat shouldn't be jumping either.

This is gonna be cool, because we'll all pick our chars before the tier lists are even made. THEN we'll be like WOW WAH WEE WOW.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

DVS

Quote from: weazzyefff on January 13, 2010, 11:07:05 AM
Quote from: CrazyMobius on January 13, 2010, 10:42:15 AM
Quote from: DVS on January 13, 2010, 09:34:06 AM
 :-[ when I rip a fireball when a round starts

Don't do this.
The Sagat shouldn't be jumping either.

This is gonna be cool, because we'll all pick our chars before the tier lists are even made. THEN we'll be like WOW WAH WEE WOW.

Yeah true bro, Sagat doesn't need to jump....he's the size of the whole fucking screen anyway....

After seeing Seth K demoing the characters (input errors galore)  ;D, it looks like Cody & Guy are quite complex.... 8)

Adon is  rather simple....2nd Ultra is pretty cool  :-\

Haven't seen the Dee Jay demo vid -but I'm assuming he will be pretty solid, at this stage I'm probably thinking of putting more time into him than any one else on the roster..... MAX OUT!
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

Hydro

Quote from: CrazyMobius on January 13, 2010, 10:44:49 AM

I think that's because the new additions are pretty technical characters. Players like me who like a simple fundamentals/psychological game got a bad deal with Super as almost none of the characters fall into this category. Personally I wish they could have evened it out a bit but oh well...

T.Hawk is still there Som. . . ummm Deejay too???

My list of characters grew like 100% with the new additions. Between Cody, Juri, Guy, Adon, Makoto, Ibuki & Duds, I got heaps to try out. O.k, maybe not Dudley, but def the others.

...all that and apparently Viper's getting another new move so you can still expect the  hardout Viper action from me too.

DVS

Quote from: hydrokinesis on January 13, 2010, 11:24:18 AM
Quote from: CrazyMobius on January 13, 2010, 10:44:49 AM

I think that's because the new additions are pretty technical characters. Players like me who like a simple fundamentals/psychological game got a bad deal with Super as almost none of the characters fall into this category. Personally I wish they could have evened it out a bit but oh well...

T.Hawk is still there Som. . . ummm Deejay too???

My list of characters grew like 100% with the new additions. Between Cody, Juri, Guy, Adon, Makoto, Ibuki & Duds, I got heaps to try out. O.k, maybe not Dudley, but def the others.

...all that and apparently Viper's getting another new move so you can still expect the  hardout Viper action from me too.

Crazy Hydro...that post was your 666th!!!! :o

I'm expecting nothing less from you..... I'd love another jam against your Viper..... ;)

Can't wait for SUPER to drop....it's a Street Fighter party y'awl... ;D

massi4h

Well what most of the akuma players agree on on srk is about the HK far.lp loop. Rather than ruining his best poke by making it whiff on almost all the characters on second hit ducking and being unlinking, can't come off an FADC, just to remove the link. They could have just made far standing jab shorter or +6 instead of +7 then everything woulda been fine. Instead they screw us over completely. And by the looks of it you can only land this ultra from a focus attack. I'll keep my raging demon. 

[8-----D] Toots

That kicks gay for anyone who cant duck the second hit even without the threat of a combo. I think the nerf is fine and realistically if you have a better poke than shoto crouching medium kick than thats getting a bit retarded. Akuma is hardly screwed over. If they dont nerf anything else he will still be top tier. If he can combo his new Ultra he will be broke imo.

electric

Quote from: massi4h on January 13, 2010, 12:28:42 PM
Well what most of the akuma players agree on on srk is about the HK far.lp loop. Rather than ruining his best poke by making it whiff on almost all the characters on second hit ducking and being unlinking, can't come off an FADC, just to remove the link. They could have just made far standing jab shorter or +6 instead of +7 then everything woulda been fine. Instead they screw us over completely. And by the looks of it you can only land this ultra from a focus attack. I'll keep my raging demon. 

I agree with this... I think if anything they should have just tweaked the frame advantage on either HK or st.lp - the only thing which made some of his matchups ridiculous imo (ok, Abel... but hey, I'm biased) was the fact that he could score a knock down from practically anywhere on the screen with his "auto footsies" HK into st.lp -> sweep
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Damn, i thought they were all getting buffs. Akuma's getting raped more then Sagat lol.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Hydro

Quote from: weazzyefff on January 13, 2010, 01:07:13 PM
Damn, i thought they were all getting buffs. Akuma's getting raped more then Sagat lol.

I think people automatically group 'buff' and 'better' in the same category, sometimes, you gotta 'de-buff' to make a character 'better', as far as the game as a whole is concerned.

I think most everyone would agree that Sagat finally getting reduced damage makes him 'better' as far as the game/rest of the cast is concerned.

samurai black

i just like how overwhelmingly terribly akumas ultra II is. how hard would it have been to give him KKZ? the animation is there when you win with him, just add SFX and they would've been golden

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Buff = stronger/better. You cant 'buff' a game lol.

I agree with Sagats dmg and Hp reduced. I still dont know what this games gonna be like, but i like Bill's idea on making them even with Ryu.

Lennysaurus

I honestly think the problem with sagat is his juggling.  t tacks on too much damage to all his stuff.

With ultra damage being nerfed, I think all he needs is a way to make his towards and roundhouse not juggle into anything other than ultra.  And to fix his standing roundhouses retarded hit box.

Also i think with akuma, his retarded standing roundhouse gives him a mindless zoning game.  I personally think it should just be used for punishment, and that it is somehow punishable on block.  He has too many tools to give him automatic footsies as well.

To me its looking like the new characters are all gonna be much harder to master than most the old ones.  I can see alot of people attempting to pick up some of the newer characters, giving them up, and heading back to ryu/sagat/etc.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

DVS

Ryu is a pretty good benchmark....

He has some really good strengths, but also has a few hard match ups:

1)Sagat...urgh  those dam zoning game & ultra link
2)Balrog...urgh that dam jab, sweep & ultra link

Still I'm finding that he does well against most other opponents once you learn their play styles...