• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: massi4h on January 13, 2010, 12:46:11 AM
I turbo 2 of them and plink em, it puts out lots of inputs. I can time the super anyway with just 1 button. No need for 7 button 3 hit combos eh Smoof?
Ahhh, never thought of that. Wait, how the fuck does it turbo plink? Do you plink, then just hold them down?
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

massi4h

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: massi4h on January 13, 2010, 01:07:02 AM
Yeah bro.
Sorry then turbo master. Masons dropping the knowledge bombs
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

massi4h

What you got to say to that Ben?

Wish I learnt how to piano though, my hands combos involve me double tapping fierce punch. I managed to do hands, hands xx super with honda against euan last night though lol.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: iMagneto on January 12, 2010, 11:05:53 PM

T-Hawk Second Ultra..... Anti-air ultra o_O

Man T.Hawks voice is really... weird... o_0

electric

Quote from: CrazyMobius on January 13, 2010, 07:20:58 AM

Man T.Hawks voice is really... weird... o_0

Hahaha agreed... but fuck that looks sore as shit. That there is the reason why Hawk can't FADC his DP lol
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

DVS

I called it like months ago..... ::)

T.Hawk will be a top tier whore.... >:(

I can see it now...giant pink fucking american indians everywhere... >:(

CONDOR DIVE!!!!!!!! >:(
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

electric

Quote from: DVS on January 13, 2010, 08:46:27 AM
I can see it now...giant pink Canadian Trolls everywhere... >:(

Fixed.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Sorry mason, but those seem like pretty intelligent akuma changes. Although that ultra input looks retarded. I can see some spastic lol moments with ultra coming out when someone goes for an ex air fireball.

Akuma and sagat are the only two that need negative changes imo. And sagat just needs a LITTLE less damage. Those changes aren't going to drastically hurt akuma, but they're enough to keep shit balanced. I'm kind of hoping the whole cast ends up at about ryu's level, but obviously each with their differences.

What I'm liking about ssf4 mostly is that there are more characters I'm actually interested in. Since right now I only seem to have fun with fuerte, and doing unnecessarily elaborate combos or minimum damage with the rest of the cast. Dee jay and adon look like they'll be fun. And after watching that guy video I'm looking forward to him as well. I'm ACTUALLY going to attempt some diversity.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Barnstorm

thats good news about t.hawk i was planning on picking him up but after everyone was saying he was garbage i was not too impressed

its funny you should mention making everyone like ryu cos i wondered what whould happen if they balanced it by making everyone top tier

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Barnstorm on January 13, 2010, 09:16:05 AM
thats good news about t.hawk i was planning on picking him up but after everyone was saying he was garbage i was not too impressed

its funny you should mention making everyone like ryu cos i wondered what whould happen if they balanced it by making everyone top tier

I shouldn't have put it like that. What I mean is that ryu is a pretty good benchmark. Devs should be saying 'right, this chracter has attribute x stronger than ryu, so we need to make attribute y less to compensate. Which for the most part, the game is currently at anyway. They just have the gauges a little off. Gief has high hp, and big damage. So he has low mobility, and not much juggle potential. Still has options to get in though, making him useable. Sagat has much of the same, but with loads of juggles, which suppliments his damage to the point where it's unnecessarily high. But they don't want to take his juggles away, so they need to either lower his damage or health. Health wouldn't make much difference, but a little damage shaved off here and there would make a big difference.

He still ends up with more damage output and hp than ryu, and is still slower, but the damage gap isn't as large, meaning a better(not perfect) balance is achieved.

I realise the nuances of balancing a game are a little more complex than that, but you get my point. (I hope)
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

DVS

Quote from: Barnstorm on January 13, 2010, 09:16:05 AM

If everyone was top tier....it would take like 4 hits to win a game wouldn't it? I always cringe  :-[ when I rip a fireball when a round starts and Sagat jumps in first pop....3 hit combo = quarter of my life straight of the bat or you jump at the punk and eat two round houses and whatever he's carrying on his meter.....I've sinced learned to fight a ground game against the cyclops....my point is OP characters are balls....

Make everyone middle tier....less damage, longer games

CrazyMobius

CrazyMobius

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 13, 2010, 09:02:32 AM

What I'm liking about ssf4 mostly is that there are more characters I'm actually interested in. Since right now I only seem to have fun with fuerte, and doing unnecessarily elaborate combos or minimum damage with the rest of the cast. Dee jay and adon look like they'll be fun. And after watching that guy video I'm looking forward to him as well. I'm ACTUALLY going to attempt some diversity.

I think that's because the new additions are pretty technical characters. Players like me who like a simple fundamentals/psychological game got a bad deal with Super as almost none of the characters fall into this category. Personally I wish they could have evened it out a bit but oh well...

DVS

Quote from: CrazyMobius on January 13, 2010, 10:42:15 AM
Quote from: DVS on January 13, 2010, 09:34:06 AM
 :-[ when I rip a fireball when a round starts

Don't do this.

I'm addicted to Hadoukens.....my dream in life is to throw 100 in a round  ::)