• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullator

Pretty sure the PS3 went overboard on internal network filtering.. as a means to keep the console secure from traditional "magic packets" and essentially becoming jailbroken..
Which leads to a wee bit more lag than there really needs to be (Just guess work) but yea.. Xbox360 has less lag, and so does PC. Deffo. I can connect to the same player on PS3 and PC behind the same router and see and feel the 1 bar difference..

DVS

Quote from: massi4h on March 07, 2010, 10:16:33 PM
Actually there is speculation atm that you can land Akuma's U2 after a shoryu to EX fadc backwards. If so then it will be bloody viable and people will bitch. And I will laugh while landing it.

Yes mason, I'll be the first to complain if I get nailed by it...... ;)

LOL Budafist you tier whore..... ::)
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

Gamogo

From Eventhubs via a guy who was at the recent tourney in France. He got to speak with Daigo, Eita and Fuudo:

"Oh yeah, Daigo, Eita and Fuudo tested SSF4 (not the final release, no Hakan there), and for those who are interested in this, Eita managed to land Gouki's Ultra 2 during a Demon Slide."

Holy shit. So now we have:

- U2 via tele cancel
- U2 via EX air ball lead-in
- U2 via SRK > FADC > backdash (?)
- U2 via demon flip slide.

Good news for Akuma players. Obviously this is all to be confirmed via video AND set in stone for the retail version, but things sound promising.
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

- Carl Sagan

http://gamogo.wordpress.com

moose!

Promising if you like watching Tazmania perhaps.

Lennysaurus

TBH, if thats the case, it makes akuma even stronger imo.  This will more than make up for him losing spammable st.roundhouse.

His mixups are the best in the game, and now he is going to be able to add an ultra to the end of them. 

odd.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

massi4h

I sort of hope not, or people might cry and actually ban him. Unless they soft ban the ultra or something then that's all good. Or else just give him an uncomboable kkz that looks bloody cool and maybe does like 100 damage chip but sucks outside it. At least he'd have a cool looking ultra.

DVS

I think Ultra damage will be nerfed wif any FADC or links into them in super. Not as game changing as SF4....they'll be scaled down at least - cold Ultra's seem to be more damaging.....

Still the thought of Akuma being able to link his tazmanian in more than one way.....is kinda scary...... :-\

massi4h

Now it seems it might have just been the slide cancelled into U2 before hitting, which would be once again completely useless since they would have to be crouching to block the slide and the ultra only hits high.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: DVS on March 08, 2010, 04:09:40 PM
I think Ultra damage will be nerfed wif any FADC or links into them in super. Not as game changing as SF4....they'll be scaled down at least - cold Ultra's seem to be more damaging.....

Still the thought of Akuma being able to link his tazmanian in more than one way.....is kinda scary...... :-\

Yeah but tbh any extra damage on teh end of a mixup is pretty scary.  He already does enough damage with it as is.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

DVS

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on March 08, 2010, 04:24:44 PM
Yeah but tbh any extra damage on teh end of a mixup is pretty scary.  He already does enough damage with it as is.

Totes.....Akuma is a Muthafucker...yeah thats right Mason and Jack...I said it  ::)

I think Super will be more about linking an Ultra into the middle of a combo than finishing a combo with it......Rose, Juri, Makato(super into Ultra), Gouken (from what I've thus far) all seem to have combo possibilities after Ultra's....

Can't wait to see the rest of the casts linking capabilities......

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: DVS on March 08, 2010, 05:38:27 PM
Totes.....Akuma is a Muthafucker...yeah thats right Mason and Jack...I said it  ::)

I think Super will be more about linking an Ultra into the middle of a combo than finishing a combo with it......Rose, Juri, Makato(super into Ultra), Gouken (from what I've thus far) all seem to have combo possibilities after Ultra's....

Can't wait to see the rest of the casts linking capabilities......

1) The cast now all seem to have shit that will either be easily comboable, or something that will be able to do massive damage off of a punish. That seems to be the beauty of the 2-ultra system. Youve got shit that either supports your offense, or suppliments your defense, so you can adjust your playstye according to what ultra youre repping.

2) Totes...>_> You fucking nancyboy.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

Quote from: massi4h on March 08, 2010, 03:52:32 PM
I sort of hope not, or people might cry and actually ban him. Unless they soft ban the ultra or something then that's all good. Or else just give him an uncomboable kkz that looks bloody cool and maybe does like 100 damage chip but sucks outside it. At least he'd have a cool looking ultra.

capcom give the man his bloody earthquake dammit ;D
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

DVS

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 08, 2010, 07:45:13 PM

2) Totes...>_> You fucking nancyboy.

I'm sporting a cast on my right hand because I broke my right hand boxing (I'm out for 6 weeks).....but I still have my left -you call me 'nancyboy' again and I might show what I can do with it....typed with the left BTW......nah jokes I'm a passifist  ;)...but you get what I mean  ;) I'll take your Fuerte on with my left......

Not forum hate BTW....just healthy competition  8)

your alright Bill....... you've just got a bit of a big mouth sometimes eh fulla....  ;)

DVS

Quote from: wick3d wayz on March 08, 2010, 08:37:44 PM
capcom give the man his bloody earthquake dammit ;D

Yeah dude I was hoping they were guna give him that too....

electric

Bills big mouth is what makes him awesome (no homo)
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla