• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squares

I'm looking to play Ibuki or Juri.
Nyaaaa

iMagneto

akuma 2nd ultra sound should be like this.~

Barnstorm

gunsmoke

cool... ;D ;D ;D Super Tatsumaki...He steal Goten move... >:(

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

DVS

Quote from: Barnstorm on March 06, 2010, 05:34:08 PM
you guys seen this

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/mar/05/justin-wong-demos-ibuki-makoto-and-dudley/

dudley looks really good and ibuki looks super fun

Ibuki looks pretty cool -lots of options when your opponent is waking up. Target combos look solid...

Shit Dudley looks pretty fucking quick -that overhead will be a nightmare....

Makato didn't seem to have that many options....

As I never played 3S it will be like brand new characters to me....

"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Ibuki looks fucking AWESOME.

I was hardcore interested in her, until today, when i found out simons gonna pick her up instead of makoto. >_>
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

moose!

Not looking forward to having to play against Mak again... Although her gameplay is going to suffer with no post-hyate karakusa mixup (for non 3Sers, command grab after the dash punch). He didn't go over her overhead punch move, I assume she still has it (and ex version will likely armour break), which will probably mean she has at least a 50/50 mixup after anyways. Will also be interesting to see what juggles she can manage from a air to air axe kick, hyate -> ex hyate? (We also didn't get to see the EX version of the move).
But it looks like command grab with super meter = certain death.

Stoked they kept her mega dash and pedestrian walk.  ;D
And good to see another element added in the game where a character prefers to save meter to super rather than EX.

Skullator

Out of curiousity, who are you maining in SFIV atm Moose?

fluxcore

50/50 mixup that will undoubtedly be rendered useless due to mashable dragon punch fadc ultra.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Skullator

Quote from: fluxcore on March 07, 2010, 09:19:16 AM
50/50 mixup that will undoubtedly be rendered useless due to mashable dragon punch fadc ultra.

What are you talking about flux?!?

You just need to overcome the plateau bro..... All characters have equal tools... Ryu is very skilled.

moose!

^I'm pretty interested in this outcome, hopefully the threat of karakusa means only back FADC are used.
Also Jwong didn't go over the fake/charge up Hyates, I hope they kept them.

Just saw the Duds one, bit disappointed to only see target combos visited and not the sway step variants... didn't even get to see a rose thrown. I'm hoping he keeps the old rose meaty wake up game, but I don't think it would have many non-tech roll setups in 4 (his throw seems to push them waaaaay back, I guess the corner is/will be his best friend).

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Of all those videos, people were disappointed with Makoto the most as a general reply. But i think those people are underrating her. I personally see her fucking SMASHING people.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

dude after watching that video Ive decided dudley is beast .
Soooooo many options into ultras , lp dp into ultra ???!!!! lol lol lol hello ryu , im dudly I also have a jab dp into ultra .
also his combos do big damage , his dash is fast as and he looks solid as fuck .
Ibuki looks good too but expect dudley near the top for sure
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Barnstorm

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on March 07, 2010, 10:52:42 AM
dude after watching that video Ive decided dudley is beast .
Soooooo many options into ultras , lp dp into ultra ???!!!! lol lol lol hello ryu , im dudly I also have a jab dp into ultra .
also his combos do big damage , his dash is fast as and he looks solid as fuck .
Ibuki looks good too but expect dudley near the top for sure

to me dudly looks similar to rufus
his only down fall may be getting outzoned by fireballs but once he gets in its mixup city
(but as flux said ryu will more than likely fuck that up)

i think makoto is gona be average
if she kept her 3rd strike shit she would be broken tier with the options of gief and rufus together leading to more than 50% damage
kind of like vega either too powerfull or well under powered theres no middle ground

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

dudly has a dp fadc ultra as well as ryu so dont see that being a prob .
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "