• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Do i preorder 360, PS3, or both?

I do want to see what price First Games will do it for though, especially if theyre potentially doing us a special for being NZism.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

geneterror

Both :D

I'm going to get PS3 and then PC when it eventually comes out.
KOW 2011

CptMunta

Quote from: geneterror on March 16, 2010, 03:48:38 PM

I'm going to get PS3 and then PC if it eventually comes out.

Edited for people with their hopes up  ;)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

karizzma

Quote from: geneterror on March 16, 2010, 03:48:38 PM

I'm going to get PS3 and then PC when it eventually comes out.

I'm the same. Just bring on the New and improved El Fuerte!

Rorooze

oh man, my hype is down the toilet :( xbox360 disc drive died today. no idea why. It better get replaced before SSF4 hits :(

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: karizzma on March 16, 2010, 09:33:43 PM
I'm the same. Just bring on the New and improved El Fuerte!

Not to burst the bubble, but he's apparently EXACTLY the same, save for the new ultra. (which is apparently AWESOME. Potentially awesome enough to make up for the fact that they supposedly haven't buffed him much/at all)

Although the focus speed buff is going to help him out a lot. But it will make RSF's more important than they are currently. Well, not so much more important, but more useful. Which is a good thing. Fuerte has the highest damage meterless combo's in the game, but very few ways to land them effectively. This will help us out in that regard.

My biggest hope is that the game IS actually a bit friendlier to aggressive playstyles. That would help me out HEAPS. Blocking/patience is lame. :P
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

B BOY DRAW2

I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

propafanda

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 16, 2010, 10:05:00 PM

My biggest hope is that the game IS actually a bit friendlier to aggressive playstyles. That would help me out HEAPS. Blocking/patience is lame. :P

Its probably going to be just like super streetfighter 2 characteristics and playstyles.
SSFIV should be and quicker for rushdown playstyles and defensive play.
I hope it is.

CptMunta

Quote from: B BOY DRAW2 on March 16, 2010, 10:26:11 PM
What you guys make of this?

http://www.cdwow.co.nz/games/super-street-fighter-iv-xbox-360/dp/7811457#bc=e1ff

weird, right under it, it's says: "People who bought this item also bought SSF4 $85.99 SSF4 $103.99"

Anyone bought games from CD WOw before?
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Barnstorm

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 16, 2010, 10:05:00 PM
Not to burst the bubble, but he's apparently EXACTLY the same, save for the new ultra. (which is apparently AWESOME. Potentially awesome enough to make up for the fact that they supposedly haven't buffed him much/at all)

Although the focus speed buff is going to help him out a lot. But it will make RSF's more important than they are currently. Well, not so much more important, but more useful. Which is a good thing. Fuerte has the highest damage meterless combo's in the game, but very few ways to land them effectively. This will help us out in that regard.

im just curious
beside RSF wat combos does he have
because my RSF is 2-3 hp, slide and i rarely hit that on a good player

and ive seen rufus and sagat hitting some big damage combos without meter

zos'la

ok,
I think we can get a good price if we all buy together at first games as its available now.
if anyone wants to pre order super street fighter 4, please PM me and I'll put one order down for everyone so we can get a cheaper price hopefully :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

geneterror

First games is only getting it a day earlier.
I know you want to support them (firstgames) and so do I it's where I got Blazblue and KOF XII from but he often sells the U.S versions of games. On PS3 at least Super will acknowledge your existing DLC but not if it's from a different region. Seeing as I already have the DLC I am going to buy the local version not an import otherwise I have to buy all the costumes again. Just something for the PS3 owners to think about.
Games are region free, DLC is region locked for some stupid reason.
KOW 2011

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Wholly sheet, there's heaps of shit out on this game since i last looked. HAKAN!!! Dudley,Makoto,Ibbuki. Shit now im really sluttered i dont have a ps3. Wish i never saw that shit now, damn it. Oh well, i dont wana get back on that playstation tan buzz.

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

samurai black

Quote from: geneterror on March 17, 2010, 07:50:48 AM
First games is only getting it a day earlier.
I know you want to support them (firstgames) and so do I it's where I got Blazblue and KOF XII from but he often sells the U.S versions of games.

im probably just gonna exploit my friends staff discount at either jb or eb.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Barnstorm on March 17, 2010, 12:11:27 AM
im just curious
beside RSF wat combos does he have
because my RSF is 2-3 hp, slide and i rarely hit that on a good player

and ive seen rufus and sagat hitting some big damage combos without meter

Its just the RSF that does that damage. He also has RSLowForward, which you can land off of a lot more than just a FA or a j.hp, (I personally like f.mk -> c.lk -> c.lk -> RSLowForward. Although you can link all his light attacks into c.mk, save c.lp.) but the damage on that isn't even close to as good as RSF, and his other 'combos' are pretty crap. (j.hp -> hp -> q-bomb. woo-fucking-hoo. And then theres j.hp -> hk -> guac, which is much harder to land than it should be.)

Enough hits of the RSF beats out damage on Sagat/Rufus no meter combos (were looking at around 4+ hits of the RSF -> Slide.) What throws off the scale is the fact that its really common for sagat/rufus to have meter anyway, so they can edge you out with their ultra juggles etc. But look at Sagat for instance. Without meter, his biggest damage combo is what? lvl3FA -> c.mk -> hp TU? Thats a nice big chunk of life, but RSF still wins. Same with Rufus. Corner:  Lvl3 Focus -> s.hp -> hp tornado -> lp tornado? Still less damage than RSF.

As far as meter goes, RSF -> Super actually does really good damage (more than a lot of ultra juggles) but often youll be using your meter for EX run escapes etc.

Like i say, RSF is GREAT damage, but like YOU say, its pretty hard to land on anyone half decent. One of Fuerte's biggest problems in SF4 was his lack of big damage outside of Ultra/RSF, im hoping that by increasing the speed of lvl2 FA, it means more of them are going to land, which means we get more RSF's.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.