• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B BOY DRAW2

Quote from: fluxcore on March 18, 2010, 04:48:50 PM
I'm waiting to see if a collector's edition is announced...

I 2nd that!!!
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

budafist

since SF4 and SSF4 are the only 2 games I will have spent money on in the last 2 years
I'm going for the bells and whistles edition.
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

CrazyMobius

All I really wanted blind select for was for strangers who counter pick. Not so much for the match, just so they can't counter pick before the match.

CptMunta

Quote from: fluxcore on March 18, 2010, 04:48:50 PM
I'm waiting to see if a collector's edition is announced...

Yeah I wonder what the story is with the collectors edition. The US one had those crappy thumb buddies didn't it? And Europe got those awesome t-shirts?
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

fluxcore

Quote from: CrazyMobius on March 18, 2010, 06:06:31 PM
All I really wanted blind select for was for strangers who counter pick. Not so much for the match, just so they can't counter pick before the match.

Well, you'd probably only be playing vs strangers on ranked or championship anyway, so no biggie?
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CrazyMobius

Not really. I play strangers more in player match and I never play ranked or championship anymore. But let's not make this about me.

Well as people say there are benefits to not having blind pick anyway. Like the ability to choose your Ultra to best suit the match etc.

zos'la

player match should just be anything you choose, other players can see as it shouldn't matter? unless you're worried about your wining ratio or something.
I really don't see the point of counter picking as it will be very embarrassing to lose after you counter picked xD
For me it just play whom you think you're comfortable with so then counter or not counter doesn't really matter as you have already tried.

my 2 cents :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

massi4h

I just thought of something that they should do to make counter ultras useful. Giving the ability to kara them like Akuma's ultra. It would work good in some matchups even to counter your opponent's ultra if they try to punish a sweep or something and it at least gives some properties to use in different situations. Some Ultras don't guard break on the first hit such as Cammy, Blanka, Guile and I think a few others, so it could be useful in those matchups.

Atm they are pointless. Look at Cammy's U1, it goes through fast and close slow fireballs with invincible startup, so you could use it in the exact situation as the counter Ultra and more. Same as Fei Long. You can't even land these counter ultras off focus attacks...

And I don't think you have win ratios in player matches, cause I thought that was the point of them not being ranked matches.

zos'la

im sure the player match counts for win ration, its like an over win rate?
or am I wrong? on PC i've played like nearly 10k games? and wont 7x% of them and I am sure I haven't played THAT many ranked matches nor chmapionship mode?
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

It counts EVERY match. Including arcade mode and player matches.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

havent been paying much attention to this thread, so im not sure if anyone has posted this. i gotta admit, dudley looks pretty cool. also, is that tager's VA as the new announcer?

[8-----D] Toots

Dudley can link his standing roundhouse off of his overhead which looks to be the fastest in the game lolololol

So much like 3s expect to lose lots of life if Dudley knocks you down and you guess wrong  ;D

massi4h

fluxcore

ugh

already this game sounds stupid
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Depends what he can juggle off of his RH. And fuertes shower kick is a faster overhead.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.