• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: fluxcore on September 30, 2009, 06:09:24 PM
You guys ended up going to GIGA to play SF4 anyway, what's the difference? Just set up shop there and play SSF4, make it your new Yifan's.

The only ppl that get really shafted here are the Japanese, which seems a bit strange for Capcom. I can only assume the cost of updating the arcades is prohibitive and not worthwhile.

The Giga thing doesnt really work. And no, we didnt end up going to Giga to play SF4. If theres enough of us in a big group, and we're gonna be playing for a while, THEN we migrate. Otherwise, its Yifans, Yifans and more Yifans.

A lot of people go to yifans on their breaks etc, and Giga is too far for it to be like that. Plus Giga doesnt have such a constant flow of people as Yifans. People KNOW yifans is there. Not just us, but the general public. I personally didnt even know Giga existed until this year, but ive been going to yifans for years. And most people are the same. Yifans you end up meeting new blood, and then they become regulars etc. Giga would end up being regulars, and regulars only. Yifans is A LOT more publically accessible than Giga, both in the physical sense as well as the fact that its been there longer, and is established as being what it is.

Arcades and Netcafe's are totally different ballgames. Id love if it was as simple as just making Giga the new Yifans, but it really isnt.

As for the arcade cost not being worthwhile, that must be it, but it still doesnt make a lot of sense. Who knows. I imagine capcom knows more about this aspect than i do.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Heh lets just see how stupid this turns out.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

no arcade release is retarded and will pretty much kill the scene japanese wise which is gay .
wot a stupid thing to do capcom  ???
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on October 01, 2009, 12:41:05 AM
no arcade release is retarded and will pretty much kill the scene japanese wise which is gay .
wot a stupid thing to do capcom  ???
I think they will release the new characters for the arcade also. And of course, they are not doing it at the same time. Releasing it for the console first is the right thing to do because they can get feedback from actual players and fix the the bugs (they will just have to update the patch and we get to download them online).
While the arcade version doesn't work like that, fixing 1 bug in the arcade = replacing a brand new game. They can't just download update/patch to the system and fix/change the game system.
Capcom can see how big the scene has developed, they won't miss the chance bringing this game to it's next level.

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

HoneyBadger

Yeah true that Hue, I didn't think of using consoles as loc tests. It's a loc test you make a big profit from
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on October 01, 2009, 02:33:56 AM
Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on October 01, 2009, 12:41:05 AM
wot a stupid thing to do capcom  ???
I think they will release the new characters for the arcade also. And of course, they are not doing it at the same time. Releasing it for the console first is the right thing to do because they can get feedback from actual players and fix the the bugs (they will just have to update the patch and we get to download them online).
While the arcade version doesn't work like that, fixing 1 bug in the arcade = replacing a brand new game. They can't just download update/patch to the system and fix/change the game system.
Capcom can see how big the scene has developed, they won't miss the chance bringing this game to it's next level.

I would agree with you to satisfy my desire :P though the chances of this happening is quiet slim tbh. Ono has already announced they will not have an arcade version for SSF4. Also mobius has got a point but also the chances are slim...

All in all it would be great if the fans somehow manage to pursuade capcom to change their minds or the scene will be gone.

fluxcore

btw if you ever see a forum post on some other mainstream gaming site that has no clue, please link http://www.destructoid.com/guide-how-to-stfu-about-super-street-fighter-iv-150353.phtml

Only through education can we shut these idiots up.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Fuck. Hue makes a really valid point. I have to admit in my BLIND FURY i hadnt even looked at it like that.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

I was about to link the destructiod tips to that stupid nzgamer site.  Good work Alan boss :)

EDIT:  Have any of you guys listened to T.Hawk's voice (english).  It's fricken bad ass.  A least it is better then the Street Fighter Cartoon Hawk. XD
DOUBLE EDIT:  Actually, I think that is the announcers voice in the background.  (The in game announcer I mean)

zos'la

I actually don't have a problem at all with buying the game again as seperate or anything that is stated on that site Alan has provided. I am only REALLY FUCKING GUTTED that they not even releasing an Arcade version.
THAS ALL!!!!

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

this is classic haha

stereomonkey

This is the best use of the Hitler scene around ;D

fluxcore

Oh man, I was laughing out loud for reals
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

I tried to translate this page but te jap to englis transltion is a bitpoo .
Any wy here ou go
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.famitsu.com%2Fgame%2Fnews%2F1227966_1124.html&sl=ja&tl=en&history_state0=

New pics of dejay and ryu and ken ingame with new combo ultra meters .
Top tier ken anyone ? 8)