• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Quote from: ILL_BILL on May 16, 2010, 05:08:25 PM
Both characters in the match should be judged at their absolute best.

Theres no two ways about this.

^this
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

massi4h

I thought me and Euan have been preferring Ken's U2 atm it's awesome in so many ways.
Only reason imo for U1 is aa lp dps and fishing for CH fierce shoryukens.
But yeah in short, what Bill said. Online play isn't really the judge, but in online you can still see their character before you pick your ultra.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

U2 is the truth with ken .
ultra1 is just for balrog matches ,  mashing srk inbetween his block strings for the c.hit full ultra and aa.l.dp ultra 1's .
other than that u2 pisses over ultra 1
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

DVS

Quote from: massi4h on May 16, 2010, 05:51:42 PM
I thought me and Euan have been preferring Ken's U2 atm it's awesome in so many ways.
Only reason imo for U1 is aa lp dps and fishing for CH fierce shoryukens.
But yeah in short, what Bill said. Online play isn't really the judge, but in online you can still see their character before you pick your ultra.

Yeah, Ken U2 has a lot of possibilities.....I have seen some pretty choice combos and I guess time and tournaments will tell if this Ultra is preferred over the vanilla one....I'm by no means saying it sucks...

No way was I saying that online play should be the judge of tier lists, I also agree with what Bill said about the tier list being judged by top level players using characters at their peak.....what I was wondering is how the selection of two different Ultras effects the tier list and how it is taken into consideration when creating the list......

Yeah my bad mason, you're right you can see the character and then select your ultra...but like I said does this then change the outlook of the match up list? - just taking a 'made up example' played with 'made up' top level players: Ken U1 Vs Dudley U1 - Ken looses 7 of 10 matches, Ken U2 Vs Dudley U2 - Ken looses 5 out of 10 matches, Ken U1 Vs Dudley U2....etc... etc....the results of this then added up would be the end tier rating for Dudley Vs Ken....or something along those lines...as the May iplaywinner tier list is now it just states the character names without this information....I think the different Ultras effect the match up quite a bit and should some how be indicated-maybe they have been taken into consideration, I dunno.....just wanted to see what ideas were out there for this.....
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

CrazyMobius

Quote from: ILL_BILL on May 16, 2010, 05:08:25 PM
The tier list should reflect the characters at high level play. Theres no point having a low-level play tier list, or a 'what-if-i-want-to-use-the-lol-ultra' tier list. At high levels, you use the best ultra for the matchup in general, so the tier list should reflect it. Both characters in the match should be judged at their absolute best.

Theres no two ways about this.

So that then means that either one ultra is clearly better or both ultras are even in which case the result will be the same anyway.

That's a satisfactory answer.

In any case I think the tier list may be almost n/a in Super as the gap between top and bottom closes.

DVS

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on May 16, 2010, 06:18:56 PM
U2 is the truth with ken .
ultra1 is just for balrog matches ,  mashing srk inbetween his block strings for the c.hit full ultra and aa.l.dp ultra 1's .
other than that u2 pisses over ultra 1

Yeah this is the sort of info I mean....Ken U1 Vs Balrog U1.....how many matches would Ken win for this as apposed to him having U2 in the same match up when two top level players meet and how is this/should this be seen on the tier list?......

Lennysaurus

Im not understanding what you are getting at tbh DVS:

If Ken using U1 vs Rog makes the match 6-4, and Ken using U2 vs Rog makes the match 5-5, then in my eyes the matchup is 6-4.  Why would you ever use the other ultra?

Matchups are always based on the character using the BEST tools available to them within the match.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

budafist

god I really hope they sort this tier/matchup thing out.
I cant bring myself to even play untill I know exactly what they are!

someone help please!
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

DVS

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on May 16, 2010, 06:49:56 PM
Im not understanding what you are getting at tbh DVS:

If Ken using U1 vs Rog makes the match 6-4, and Ken using U2 vs Rog makes the match 5-5, then in my eyes the matchup is 6-4.  Why would you ever use the other ultra?

Matchups are always based on the character using the BEST tools available to them within the match.

Do you mean the Ken Vs Dudley example below?

What I wanted to know is how they define which Ultra (if at all) is the best choice and if they take all of these match ups (as I've listed below) into consideration to create their tier list? There are four possibilities between a match up between two characters when defined by Ultra selection for example....Ken U1 Vs Dudley U1, Ken U2 Vs Dudley U2, Ken U1 Vs Dudley U2, Ken U2 Vs Dudley U1.....like you mentioned above do they take all these possible 'match ups' in consideration and add them together to get to the end list or is it a cold 'doesn't matter which Ultra was chosen' this was the outcome....whenever Dudley took on Ken...Dudders won 6 outta 10.......

I think it would be good to see in a tier listing for example: Ken U1 Vs Balrog U1- Ken won 5 outta 10 and Ken U2 Vs Balrog U1 - Ken lost 6 outta 10...etc....

I hope I'm being clear here  ???

DVS

Quote from: budafist on May 16, 2010, 07:06:24 PM
god I really hope they sort this tier/matchup thing out.
I cant bring myself to even play untill I know exactly what they are!

someone help please!

Yeah Fuck it.....I'm guna start playing scrabble until it's cleared up....I might as well be speaking spanish and trying to get my point across.....

budafist

oleet NEEDS to know who the top tier is asap.
So he can main them exclusivley
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

DVS

Quote from: OLEET on May 16, 2010, 07:17:13 PM
Yeah, maybe if you could write a coherent sentence and could actually play Street Fighter we could understand what you were talking about.

Oh shit this is a Street Fighter forum? Oh my bad...I thought it was Tekken 6......I've spell checked that one for you, kept it short and used punctuation for you Oleet  ;)

HoneyBadger

wtf stop making up shit, I never posted that. Being dumb is one thing, making shit up is another kettle of fish.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

samurai black

Quote from: DVS on May 16, 2010, 07:13:32 PM
Yeah Fuck it.....I'm guna start playing scrabble until it's cleared up....I might as well be speaking spanish and trying to get my point across.....

its all you bro.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: OLEET on May 16, 2010, 07:22:18 PM
Im hot for Richard

Bro, we're trying to talk about Street Fighter here.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.