• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I think the trouble with the list currently is there is not a big gap between the tiers. The balance is pretty fucking good really. But the tier lists make it look like its cut in stone. B, C+ and C in that list are all just about dead even really. You could put all those characters in just about any order, and you could argue about it forever.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Quote from: ILL_BILL on May 17, 2010, 10:18:19 AM
I think the trouble with the list currently is there is not a big gap between the tiers. The balance is pretty fucking good really. But the tier lists make it look like its cut in stone. B, C+ and C in that list are all just about dead even really.

+1... Birry Wong got that shit on lock
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

HoneyBadger

BIRRY WONG[/b]

Also, it's weird to see Sagat still in top but Akuma not. I would've thought that more Sagat matches would've become harder than Akuma.

Does anyone have the actual list in Japanese? I wanna read it for myself lol
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

massi4h

Yeah you're right really, my Sakura lost to this really scrubby ken who couldn't stop jumping and mashing shoryuken on almost all block strings/wakeup, just not when I baited them. And when he jumped back across the whole stage I couldn't do anything lol. And predictable resets are more important now that they lowered her stun output, or else combos ending in shouoken do pretty good damage. IMO I'd at least put her over Makoto and over a few of them.

zos'la

Play my Sakura and I'll dare you to say that again!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

electric

Quote from: zosla on May 17, 2010, 02:13:10 PM
Play my Sakura and I'll dare you to say that again!!!

I'm keen to give it a shot - also keep in mind that you rape me for free with practically everyone because you're a much better player... but I'm pretty confident I'd be able to keep your Sakura in check

I hope lol :P

zos'la

budafist

Quote from: massi4h on May 17, 2010, 12:49:30 PM
my Sakura lost to this really scrubby ken who couldn't stop jumping and mashing shoryuken on almost all block strings/wakeup, just not when I baited them.

so HE'S the scrub?     :-\
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

CrazyMobius

fluxcore

Looks a fair bit more realistic now imo
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

looks fair, not sure why Rufus so uber now? or has he have always been uber :P

massi4h

Well he's always been uber in Japan at least. Top players were pretty much Akuma/Sagat/Rufus.

Yay Akuma is pretty much in the right spot now, not sure about Viper though, all she got was a couple little nerfs. I think Boxer should be A+ and Chun should at least be A above Viper.

But yeah looking better.

zos'la

Chun and Viper are pretty even from my IMO,
Akuma is still uber as always. Boxer should be A+ agreed as he is solid as ever with practically no nerfs.

electric

Rufus has always been right up there - he doesn't really have any really hard match ups because his rush down/mix up game is so fucking potent... one wrong guess and you're eating easy mode xx ultra

Chun is a great character (Viper as well) because she can just shut practically any character out with her godlike pokes, and once she gets super, characters like Balrog get shut down pretty much completely.

I disagree with some of the match up stats, which of course is natural, as I'm not nearly as experienced as John Choi, Shady K, Jwong etc. but I think they got her ranking pretty much spot on - B+

I still think it's a tad early on for SOME of these matches, but I don't really expect the A/A+ tier to shift too much... maybe a few points will get shifted around and a couple characters drop out, but that's about it

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Definitely agree with Electric on this. Although Vipers strengths certainly arent her pokes. One thing i think i need to say is that, besides Ibuki, who is right where i personally think she should be, i think a lot of people are sleeping on the new characters. I think Guy and Adon could be a touch higher.

Hakan and Makoto are quite difficult characters to rank, since theyre so unorthadox.

Mak's slow walkspeed throws a lot of people off, but then she has an amazing dash, and awesome stun on her combos.  Also, there are probably a lot of 3s players who are disappointed with her, particularly how shit her karakusa is.

And Hakan's normals are godlike...when he has oil. But he is easy enough to run away from when oiled, and easy enough to rush down when he doesnt. That being said, Hakan WILL get oil when youre fighting him, so at some point in your match, you will be fighting a character with godlike normals.

It will be interesting to watch the changes over the next few months.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.