• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gankatron

Only time u should be headbutting on wake up is if you KNOW they ll die from chip damage.

HP,Heabutting on wake up to avoid a cross up is just asking to be punished.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: weazzyefff on November 06, 2009, 12:39:44 PM
His tap punch is a free SRK fadc ultra if you will. And yeah gotta watchout for that headbut through fb. His j,hp stuffs Ryu's hp,SRK if your not early enough.

You cant sweep the hp headbut, it's outta range, and you cant mk, fb the ex punch it stuffs the fb startup, and Dp will send you flying through the air, remeber its not a armour break.

And outside hp,headbut range is practically other side of the screen.

No I mean if you are zoning him properly and he reactions going through the first fireball with an EX, then you can cr.forward fireball or you do fireball and then he reactions with EX rush then do dragon punch.

Also you can watchout for HP Headbut pretty easily.  If rog is crouching.. then he has charge and can do it... dont fireball near him.  Instead jump backwards and start zoning or something like that, or try and bait the headbut and block it.  If he is standing up, then he doesnt have charge.

Also if you HP headbutt a crossup attempt on wakeup you are still in range for sweep.

But its still not a freebie for Ryu as I keep saying.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yeah it's hard to explain. But only if your abusing the hp,headbut. Not if you just throw it out once or twice. How many times are you getting crossed up? cr.hp, holds ground quite well.

edit: Oh yeah i know what your saying lenny about the standing= not charging. I thought it was outta sweep range lol. Oh well i was probably too slow to react to it, if it's not abused.

LOL, NO boxer in their right mind would be throwing out ex punches that far off.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

Quote from: Gankatron on November 06, 2009, 12:57:16 PM
Only time u should be headbutting on wake up is if you KNOW they ll die from chip damage.

yeah when he does that he's just asking to be piled drived huh hehe
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: wick3d wayz on November 06, 2009, 01:49:20 PM

Daym, your Giefs got godlike range bro.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

HoneyBadger

Fuck Piledrivers. DO SOME COMBOS CUNT
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

electric

Quote from: weazzyefff on November 06, 2009, 01:52:15 PM
Daym, your Giefs got godlike range bro.

Jab pile driver is the single most bullshittiest fucking move in the game :(
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

Quote from: DVS on November 06, 2009, 12:16:55 PM
Quote from: fluxcore on November 06, 2009, 11:10:24 AM
Yup, he gets a bit outzoned really. It's not MASSIVELY in Ryu's favour, but it is a bit. All boxer's options for getting around fireballs are not generally safe enough to be abusable. And yeah, crossups own him.

SSFIV needs to make boxer's head smaller.

I've fought a number of boxers who several ways to escape cross ups, none of it does damage but they were able to avoid and regroup. Xpunch, Toomeke, Wicked Ways & Gankatron are all excellent at this.

Boxer has tools to avoid fireballs, his EX hits absorb and turnaround punch avoids, also straight jumps and jabbing the air...

esp this awesome dude  ;D

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

Quote from: Smoofologist on November 06, 2009, 01:55:45 PM
Fuck Piledrivers. DO SOME FUCKN COMBOS CUNT

if your gona say it, say it right ;)

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

The New Generation Clockw0rk

zos'la

you just need to be beasted by the likes of Ben's boxer for your life to understand the fundermental of boxer!! lawl.

But seriously, just get hands on experience and you will knwo for sure what works and what doesn't. I would say the players who have made me think severly during games and make me study the matchups are: Kevin, Simonfish, Ben, Hue, Cody, the guileguy (richard).
All other players that are great too but I just tend to go with the flow/ feel when I play them.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Gankatron

Quote from: wick3d wayz on November 06, 2009, 01:49:20 PM

Dam you i hate that piledriver bro!

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: zosla on November 06, 2009, 02:19:07 PM
you just need to be beasted by the likes of Ben's boxer for your life to understand the fundermental of boxer!! lawl.

But seriously, just get hands on experience and you will knwo for sure what works and what doesn't. I would say the players who have made me think severly during games and make me study the matchups are: Kevin, Simonfish, Ben, Hue, Cody, the guileguy (richard).
All other players that are great too but I just tend to go with the flow/ feel when I play them.
Beast boxers aren't exactly rare on psn, i've played Ben a few times on psn, but he reckons his boxers shit online , so not worth mentioning anything about that now is there.

Need to play you guys more often (offline). Just hate going to town unless i got a sober driver (hint hint).

Hydro

On topic:

In the brand new 'new mode' trailer you can clearly (o.k, not clearly) see Ryu performing this Shin Shoryuken Ultra (1 second worth of footage, but it's there).

2 Ultra's are confirmed, selectable ultras (like 3S) being the most likely candidate, (notice the I or II above each character's ultra meter)

WOOT!

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: hydrokinesis on November 06, 2009, 03:42:35 PM
On topic:

In the brand new 'new mode' trailer you can clearly (o.k, not clearly) see Ryu performing this Shin Shoryuken Ultra (1 second worth of footage, but it's there).

2 Ultra's are confirmed, selectable ultras (like 3S) being the most likely candidate, (notice the I or II above each character's ultra meter)

WOOT!
Didnt they say both Ultras will be available in game.

That would suck if you had to pick, cos the shit ultra would never be used, but if you had a punishment opening you could use the cooler looking one most likely to be the shit one.