• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DVS

Quote from: weazzyefff on November 05, 2009, 06:22:17 PM
Fuck still arguing about this shit, go and do your research most of you's are WRONG,WRONG,WRONG.

Sagat beasts, and Blankas and Boxers won more tournaments in Japan than Akuma/C viper has.

edit: These are the chars that won the most tournaments in Japan.

Sagat- 70
Ryu-   44
Boxer-  41
Rufus-  31
Zangief -27
Blanka - 26

Omg, fuck this i'm gonna go get the link.

here it is.
Remeber this fellas.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/aug/30/sf4-tournament-result-stats-nohoho/

Look at the chart Smoof...stare at it until it's burned into your brain.... :o
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

DVS

Quote from: The Lenny on November 06, 2009, 07:06:45 AM
Man I hope to god they are gonna put Rolento in this game. Maybe he could do:
cr.forward xx Patriot Circle x 2 xx FADC xx cr.forward xx Patriot circle x 3
Thatd be totally rad and do bucket loads of chipp too hahahhaha.

And for his Ultra they could giove him the supoer that D.Dark has in the EX series.  The one where he jumps on thier backs and puts a bomb on them then heasplodes them.  thatd be lol too.

Bro, I'm totally with you on this one....Alpha styles.... :P

electric

"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

massi4h

Quote from: DVS on November 06, 2009, 09:36:16 AM
Quote from: Toomeke on November 05, 2009, 04:36:49 PM
Quote from: DVS on November 05, 2009, 09:57:00 AM

Was trying to point out that there are hard match ups for Ryu;

Vs Balrog & Vs Sagat

He's top at the top of the food chain but is very close.....

Not even.

Ryu beats Boxer if anything.

Shit really? I wouldn't expect that to come from you.....
He says that so he feels like he's playing a low tier so he feels better when he wins :D

CrazyMobius

Quote from: DVS on November 06, 2009, 09:36:16 AM
Quote from: Toomeke on November 05, 2009, 04:36:49 PM

Ryu beats Boxer if anything.

Shit really? I wouldn't expect that to come from you.....

Why not? Ben always seems to keep himself pretty well informed.  ???

Lennysaurus

correct me if I am wrong but its mostly due to Fireballs, and also due to boxer not being able to stop ryus crossups.

Depsite what people think it is pretty diffcult for boxer to get around ryu and akumas fireballs with out taking damage.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

Yup, he gets a bit outzoned really. It's not MASSIVELY in Ryu's favour, but it is a bit. All boxer's options for getting around fireballs are not generally safe enough to be abusable. And yeah, crossups own him.

SSFIV needs to make boxer's head smaller.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

but its natural for that thinkhead guy with the funny laugh to be born with a big head :P I mean look at how he laughs when he wins!!!! lawl.

From a personal perspective Ryu vs Boxer is ppretty tight, sure Ryu could zone him all day but it gets boring... playing Ben over the past year I have found we both are like really tight in games. But then again I have have been playing really bad of os late so yeah -.-

Weazzy this is your chance!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Boxers pretty hard to beat though, and he can get outta crossups with the hp. headbut, gets him outta sweep range even, his jabs are quck as.

He's pretty solid dude overall, but yeah a really good Ryu would cause him problems.

lol at his big head.

Whats os (option selct?).  Zosla your going down man. Straight up.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

electric

I think he means "I've been playing pretty bad as of late"
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] weazzyefff

oh yeah lol, just another classic Zosla error.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

DVS

Quote from: fluxcore on November 06, 2009, 11:10:24 AM
Yup, he gets a bit outzoned really. It's not MASSIVELY in Ryu's favour, but it is a bit. All boxer's options for getting around fireballs are not generally safe enough to be abusable. And yeah, crossups own him.

I've fought a number of boxers who several ways to escape cross ups, none of it does damage but they were able to avoid and regroup. Xpunch, Toomeke, Wicked Ways & Gankatron are all excellent at this.

Boxer has tools to avoid fireballs, his EX hits absorb and turnaround punch avoids, also straight jumps and jabbing the air...

I'd say throwing fireballs at him is a weakness....

His headbut into Ultra combo is a huge e

Lennysaurus

Quote from: DVS on November 06, 2009, 12:16:55 PM
Quote from: fluxcore on November 06, 2009, 11:10:24 AM

I've fought a number of boxers who several ways to escape cross ups, none of it does damage but they were able to avoid and regroup. Xpunch, Toomeke, Wicked Ways & Gankatron are all excellent at this.

Boxer has tools to avoid fireballs, his EX hits absorb and turnaround punch avoids, also straight jumps and jabbing the air...

I'd say throwing fireballs at him is a weakness....

His headbut into Ultra combo is a huge e

If the crossup isnt timed properly, or maybe not on wake up.  Boxer is weak to crossup cause it does two things.  Takes away his charge, beats out his headbutt when timed properly.  He can EX headbutt to try and escape, but then IIRC shotos can sweep and reset the situation (Ben?)

If Boxer is EXing through your fireballs and punching you then he has predicted your fireball or you are zoning from the wrong range.  Ryu can fireball, bocer reacts to fireball with ex rush, ryu can: Walk forward and throw, Cr.forward fireball, dragon, super, ultra.  If you watch the daigo justin match justin doesnt do this for that reason.

Headbut on its own into ultra is decent damage, but the headbutt is incredibly unsafe.  Most of the characters in the game can punish blocked headbutt for almost 25% damage with only 1 EX bar.  Anycombo into headtbutt into ultra is pretty shitty damage if you look at it.

This isnt that much of a lopsided fight.  But the danger ryu faces from balrog are more to do with his good pokes eg: st.roundhouse, cr.roundhouse, cr.forward etc etc.  Boxer should just be hovering in and out of footsies range and trading/beating him with pokes.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] weazzyefff

His tap punch is a free SRK fadc ultra if you will. And yeah gotta watchout for that headbut through fb. His j,hp stuffs Ryu's hp,SRK if your not early enough.

You cant sweep the hp headbut, it's outta range, and you cant mk, fb the ex punch it stuffs the fb startup, and Dp will send you flying through the air, remeber its not a armour break.

And outside hp,headbut range is practically other side of the screen.