• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

Adons ultra is fuckin sweeeeeetttttttt, Who else is there to be announced or is that it? Havent really been keeping up on the SSFIV news.
Learning....

CrazyMobius

Quote from: stereomonkey on November 26, 2009, 09:36:12 AM
Hugo need to take the hard hat off and get back into the game :P

Yeah I wish they wouldn't have put him in the background because it's just another reminder that he's not playable.

CrazyMobius

I guess all the new additions were put in with the idea of exciting matches (tourney finals) and longevity of play. All the additions have a fairly steep learning or dexterity curve that will keep players "in the game" for a long time.

Also all the new additions are NOT scrub friendly. Which for enthusiasts is a GOOD thing.

With a bigger character roster comes more possibility that there will be an answer to beating the top (tier) characters so this is another bonus. I think Deejay alone will be a good option to play as against our soon to be "nerfed" Sagat. Maybe if Sagat becomes weaker I'll start playing him again!  ;D

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Wow they actually gave someone their accent, DJ. Juri's voice sounds cool. Cody looks better than those pics, but his knife throw looks wack. Adon Ultra fucking bbbaaaddd. Knee to the neck, looked mean.

T.Hawk sound like a lil bitch for a giant. Guy looks alright, his ultra pretty cool. I wana play A3 now, just to see what theyre like, I never played it before.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CrazyMobius

Quote from: weazzyefff on November 26, 2009, 01:00:19 PM
Wow they actually gave someone their accent, DJ. Juri's voice sounds cool. Cody looks better than those pics, but his knife throw looks wack. Adon Ultra fucking bbbaaaddd. Knee to the neck, looked mean.

T.Hawk sound like a lil bitch for a giant. Guy looks alright, his ultra pretty cool. I wana play A3 now, just to see what theyre like, I never played it before.

You can play it at James' on Sunday. But you probably won't enjoy it without growing up with it. A3 is kinda a build up from the other Alphas and is a pretty wierd game by itself if you were to come into it fresh. You'd be better off to play Alpha 2 which is generally considered the best of the series for casual play.

Hydro

Quote from: CrazyMobius on November 26, 2009, 01:21:37 PM

You can play it at James' on Sunday. But you probably won't enjoy it without growing up with it. A3 is kinda a build up from the other Alphas and is a pretty wierd game by itself if you were to come into it fresh. You'd be better off to play Alpha 2 which is generally considered the best of the series for casual play.

. . . no cody though. :(

zos'la

guess i'll give alpha a go too... I think its been like hmmm dunno when I last played it. I think when it came out on Ps1...
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CrazyMobius

Someone posted a message in reaction to that video saying Sagat's tiger shot had increased recovery frames.  ;D

DVS

Sweet, believe "the hype" gameplay looks awesome....Cody's animation is a little weird but his model isn't as bad as I thought...Ultra's are badass....Guy's Ultra is fucking wicked.... :o Adon's is ruthless.... :o

Here's an image gallery for those who haven't seen them:
http://au.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/35905/super-street-fighter-iv/images/super-street-fighter-iv-20091109022515253.html

"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

DVS

Quote from: CrazyMobius on November 26, 2009, 03:42:48 PM
Someone posted a message in reaction to that video saying Sagat's tiger shot had increased recovery frames.  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You hear that Smoof?.....raped

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

I thought cody looked cool , Adon even cooler >
GUY LOOKED WEIRD < LIKE HIS MODELS NOT FINISHED YET < LOOKED A BIT PUNGA TO ME >

wOOPS THERE GOES MY STICKY CAPS LOCK AGAIN
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Pilfered from SRK:

Quotehttp://ps3.ign.com/articles/104/1049825p1.html

New article at IGN. Something that caught my eye in the first paragraph...

"Super Street Fighter IV, then, has us more than a little sweaty palmed, the prospect of new challengers, a new Ultra system (which Capcom is being coy on, but we've played it and would point anyone who wants a point of reference towards Street Fighter III's Super Arts) and the return of the car-trashing bonus rounds making the game more than the measure of anything else on the horizon in 2010."

Selectable Ultras?
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

Tiger shot recovery didn't look increased to me. That Sagat was spiralling like he got hit by a counter hit which would mean he shot the tiger, then had enough time to do something else.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

DVS

Quote from: Smoofologist on November 26, 2009, 03:59:21 PM
Tiger shot recovery didn't look increased to me. That Sagat was spiralling like he got hit by a counter hit which would mean he shot the tiger, then had enough time to do something else.

raped....I tell you Smoof....raped  ;D

HoneyBadger

Doesn't stop you from getting hit by F.RH.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA