• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnstorm

s is generally god tier
whats fuertes c.mk loop??

electric

Quote from: Barnstorm on December 08, 2009, 10:26:39 AM
s is generally god tier

c.mk, run, stop, repeat

Same as his s.hp loop, with the c.mk substituted in
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

DVS

Quote from: CptMunta on December 08, 2009, 09:18:44 AM
Another interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKxdcgZD2QU

He mentions Viper, Sim and Rose are looking pretty buff in terms of tiers in Super at the moment. Cool to see these guys getting some love.

Yeah, dude  *High fives Rose players* "try this on for size"...... ;D

"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

Hydro

Quote from: ILL_BILL on December 08, 2009, 09:36:54 AM

Viper was plenty strong before IMO. I find buffing her to be a potentially very scary thing.

I'm loving Seth Killian a little too much atm. Viper looking really strong means good times for me me me me me me me ME

Barnstorm

Quote from: electric on December 08, 2009, 10:30:51 AM
Quote from: Barnstorm on December 08, 2009, 10:26:39 AM
s is generally god tier

c.mk, run, stop, repeat

Same as his s.hp loop, with the c.mk substituted in
How does it compare with RSF easier/harder more hits/less damage?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Its like RSF, but with c.mk. Its quicker, more difficult, and the damage is lower but it allows even MORE mixups, and suppliments his weak ground game. Also allows for practically endless blockstrings. All in all its REALLY useful.

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The blog about Cody makes him sound really REALLY interesting.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=8003907&postcount=77

Sounds like they put the hard yards in with him in terms of development. Not overpowered, but a myriad of different options and potential playstyles. Lots of unique tools by the sound of it. They reckon he'll be quite difficult to play, which im a BIG fan of in fighting games. (No idea why. Self satisfaction i guess) Sounds like he could be quite fun. Im definitely intrigued.

Looking forward to see what they have to say about Adon though. Im really liking him in A2 atm.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Hydro

Quote from: ILL_BILL on December 09, 2009, 08:10:53 AM
The blog about Cody makes him sound really REALLY interesting.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=8003907&postcount=77

Sounds like they put the hard yards in with him in terms of development. Not overpowered, but a myriad of different options and potential playstyles. Lots of unique tools by the sound of it. They reckon he'll be quite difficult to play, which im a BIG fan of in fighting games. (No idea why. Self satisfaction i guess) Sounds like he could be quite fun. Im definitely intrigued.

Looking forward to see what they have to say about Adon though. Im really liking him in A2 atm.

Agreed agreed agreed. Zonk Knuckle (New move like Boxers T.A.P) and having Bad Spray (Reversal only) moves in is awesome, frankly, they made Cody sound really interesting and unique, two values which score highly on my "I'm gonna play this dude" List.

Agree also on A2 adon, finally got my CC's down! :D That c.mp is almost as good as Rose's IMO. 

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I dont even know why im looking forward to hearing about Adon. He is already confirmed to be SSSS+++ tier.

http://www.famitsu.com/image/5430/Ql9y3H7aX869W582wlXy24Qqjs6sx7ME.jpg

And that reminds me i need to suss my shit out with him in A2. Im still in 'new player mucking around badly' mode. But yea. Knowing that Cody is going to be like that in SSF4 is definitely feeding my hype. (And i hate to jump on the bandwagon, but Juri is looking more fun the more i read aswell. >_<) Birry Wong likes complexity.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Barnstorm

Quote from: ILL_BILL on December 09, 2009, 08:30:28 AM
I dont even know why im looking forward to hearing about Adon. He is already confirmed to be SSSS+++ tier.

And that reminds me i need to suss my shit out with him in A2. Im still in 'new player mucking around badly' mode. But yea. Knowing that Cody is going to be like that in SSF4 is definitely feeding my hype. (And i hate to jump on the bandwagon, but Juri is looking more fun the more i read aswell. >_<) Birry Wong likes complexity.

if only you could perform complex moves :P

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Barnstorm on December 09, 2009, 09:23:28 AM

>_>

Complex moves im fine with. Its simple shit that i fail at.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Barnstorm on December 09, 2009, 09:23:28 AM

Ha ha.

That would be cool if Vega's claw dealed chip damage.  I was getting moist reading about all Cody's awesome cheating, gbh (grievous bodily harm) devices. He's gotta wrench too now, and a crack pipe to get all his powwwaaahhhh.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

zos'la

oh please,
ladies calm down the game is far by complete!!!! :P
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on December 09, 2009, 10:07:11 AM
oh please,
ladies calm down the game is far by complete!!!! :P

Far from complete or not, theyre not going to change the idea behind the charactes theyve announced. Cody is going to be complex with loads of options. Were allowed to be hype for this shit.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.