• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric

"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

HoneyBadger

Everytime I hear that all I can think of is Je suis mage.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

CrazyMobius

Quote from: electric on December 03, 2009, 09:17:25 AM
Quote from: stereomonkey on December 02, 2009, 11:36:33 PM
No way, get Van Damme for Guile!  :P

This... All. day. long.

I always thought that back then Dolph Lungren would have made a much better Guile.

samurai black

Quote from: stereomonkey on December 02, 2009, 11:36:33 PM
No way, get Van Damme for Guile!  :P

GTFO. also, van damme is a serious actor.

Quote from: CrazyMobius on December 03, 2009, 11:33:10 AM
I always thought that back then Dolph Lungren would have made a much better Guile.

this very much.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

B BOY DRAW2

Whooooa!!! that's sick!!! haha....
coool :)
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

samurai black

holy fuck, that honda is cooooooooooooooooooooool  ;D ;D

stereomonkey

For those who have not seen him in action.

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

[NIUE] weazzyefff

This thread is classic.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=212695

Ryu couldn't satisfy me anymore, then one day I saw Sagat mowing the lawns in those sexy tights. I couldn't resist the tier whoring temptations. Fuck my parents, Smoof's gonna be pissed.

CptMunta

Another interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKxdcgZD2QU

He mentions Viper, Sim and Rose are looking pretty buff in terms of tiers in Super at the moment. Cool to see these guys getting some love.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CptMunta on December 08, 2009, 09:18:44 AM
Another interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKxdcgZD2QU

He mentions Viper, Sim and Rose are looking pretty buff in terms of tiers in Super at the moment. Cool to see these guys getting some love.

I think people are reading a little far into that interview. Id say his comments on viper are probably pretty accurate (Fuck you James you pre-emptive tier-whore. :P) But what he says about Sim and Rose doesn't lead me to believe theyre going to be top tier at all.

He says Sim COULD be very strong, and that rose has some 'interesting stuff'. That leads me to believe they have definitely been buffed, but i would say they were mentioned due to the significance of their changes rather than how strong they are. Given the way Seth Killian has talked about characters in the past, his view is very 'potential-based'.

Id say Viper/Sim/Rose in his eyes have probably been given some tools(or had their old ones changed) to the point where in the right situations, and in the right hands, they can be very effective. I highly doubt its gonna be 'OMG SHAME SAGAT AND REEUU U SUX NOW I PLAE SIM LULZ' but more along the lines of 'Oh WTF that shit that sucked ass with Rose before is pretty good now' etc.

Viper was plenty strong before IMO. I find buffing her to be a potentially very scary thing.

But fuck, im reading into this based on nothing besides guessing shit based on how S-Kill was talking. We're not going to know for sure until the game drops, and has been out for a few months, or long enough for character depth to be explored. I mean it took how long before people realised fuerte had a c.mk loop? Shits gonna change as the months go by.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on December 08, 2009, 09:45:41 AM
what is S+ tier???

Tier order is: S, A, B, C, D, E

S+ would be higher than S tier.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.