• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Now the other threads locked too, they get all bitchy and whiny, just because an outsider came in thats played more games than they have and to a fuller extent. The sure dont like being told their wrong, and then being shown IN GAME.

I'll just link this to give them a bad name  http://forums.nzgamer.com/index.php?showforum=209

Read the locked SSF4 ones, see the worst community ever!!!
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

HoneyBadger

Nah, I realised they're just not competitive like us. They probably know they're not good and feel even worse when someone who types like you (not an insult) can walk in and be better than them at probably every game they play while still talking enough smack about bitches and the time you fucked their mother. You gotta understand bro, casual communities can't handle the amount of shit talking we put out
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

polenykes

lol im from nz gamer but i jumped over hear becasue of those threads being destroyed.
i don't think the guys over there mind the competitiveness, or mind loosing even. its just the shit talking nobody seems to handle.
personaly i was pissed off cause it turned my thread into a flamefest lol

HoneyBadger

Obviously not your community as a whole, but the loud ones certainly seem to sound like that. Everything turns into a flame fest of U TROLL FAIL TROLL or something like that.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yeah that makes sense about them not being very competitive. Sooooo they just talk shit about games they suck at.... True this.

But they def talk shit like no tomorrow. Andy's got nothing on these guys ( But atleast he's pro, these guys have NO excuse ).
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: polenykes on October 02, 2009, 05:15:32 PM
lol im from nz gamer but i jumped over hear becasue of those threads being destroyed.
i don't think the guys over there mind the competitiveness, or mind loosing even. its just the shit talking nobody seems to handle.
personaly i was pissed off cause it turned my thread into a flamefest lol
Good choice coming here for your sf4 goodness, and welcome to the site.

HoneyBadger

Some of it is really uncalled for too. That Donut guy calling out Oro was really stupid. I don't think I've ever called another gamer out on personal shit like that. I'd rather people who did that sort of thing didn't join these boards cause a lot of us are pretty close friends and it'd suck for someone to go posting a bunch of personal shit.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yeah Oro was trying to back the wankers too.

fluxcore

One thing I feel I need to say is that if you're repping NZism on another forum, please try not to insult people or be too shitty, because I get messages from the forum admins saying that it's not a good look for NZism. I never want to censor people at all, but just be aware that sometimes other communities have different ideas of what is acceptable and what isn't, and that sometimes it comes back on our community as a whole.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

Quote from: fluxcore on October 02, 2009, 05:48:26 PM
One thing I feel I need to say is that if you're repping NZism on another forum, please try not to insult people or be too shitty, because I get messages from the forum admins saying that it's not a good look for NZism. I never want to censor people at all, but just be aware that sometimes other communities aren't aware of what the hierarchy is over here, so anywhere they see 'NZism' they think that's how things are.

I would agree with flux, just giving them too much hate sometimes makes teh whole looks bad.

btw weazzy, as I said mate its all a joke and i've always though u can take one of course there are limitations, all in all my perspective at first was just to get this community running up, not down. As some of your comments are contrary to a lot of my work therefore it has turned out to be so.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Oops sorry Flux, they started it lol.

Andy bro i was soooo being sarcastic in that post about not helping the community lol, i didn't wana put *sarcasm* in their for the thought of be-littling you, besides Hydro got it, sheeeit, obvious was it it not?

AND their mods are jumping in the flame fests worsening it even more, and now even emailing flux? WTF !! i thought they were the BIG general gaming site and everything but they dont act like it.

fluxcore

I'm not saying NZGamer have emailled me about recent incidents (yet! :P), but things like this have happened in the past.

No worries though weazzy, it's good you and donutta sort of came to a well-spirited resolution :)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Donutta

Quote from: Smoof on October 02, 2009, 05:30:27 PM
Some of it is really uncalled for too. That Donut guy calling out Oro was really stupid. I don't think I've ever called another gamer out on personal shit like that. I'd rather people who did that sort of thing didn't join these boards cause a lot of us are pretty close friends and it'd suck for someone to go posting a bunch of personal shit.

I just joined to clarify this one, so don't think I've come to troll or anything. With Oro and I, there is a lot of history to that one. Both of us admitted that there was a lot of bad blood that spurred comments by both of us, and both of us ended up apologising to each other. Sometimes you just see red, but that doesn't make it right. It's water under the bridge now, really.

In general, I think you'll find that the NZGamer community isn't really competitive outside of a few people. This is apparent by the fact that when the site hosts tournaments, a majority of the people who enter are people who joined the site just for that purpose. Most people there are single-player gamers, and RPGs are pretty much the most popular genre.

You also have to remember that a lot of people there find more joy in debating the industry then debating the actual games. In fact, discussion about a certain game usually dies a few weeks after it's released. So in the case of Street Fighter IV, it wasn't so much about what the game offered as it was about the business practises of Capcom. People constantly chime in about games they don't even own. It's just the way it operates over there.

So yeah, when someone comes in and starts talking shit and going on about how they are the best because they rule and how nobody else can talk about it, it winds everybody up. That said, playing Weazzyefff was pretty damn fun and he was actually really nice during the entire time. I honestly wasn't expecting it, but I was glad to be pleasantly surprised.

And yes, he's as good as he says he is. :)

Donutta

Online. I expected angry face icons and lots of messages telling me what a wanker I was, but it was actually the opposite.

It was good fun. Going on random a lot also gave me the chance to test out different characters against different characters. (Generally when I play online I am constantly up against Sagat or Ken.) Some of them I was hopeless with, but it inspired me to learn. :)