• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinolicious

It needs an easy mode, like the marvel games, so I can play with my friends who don't actually play street fighter, and they can push a button and something cool happens.

I know this doesn't help the competitive scene, but it does help the social scene.  I'm not as good as the rest of the community, however I'm heaps better than my casual friends who like the game, but not enough to be awesome.

So, we'd like to play each other and for it to still be fun, it might still be one sided, but at least they don't feel crap because they can't throw out fire balls.
<PSN> Kriselda

electric

Quote from: Pinolicious on October 30, 2009, 04:40:18 PM
It needs an easy mode, like the marvel games, so I can play with my friends who don't actually play street fighter, and they can push a button and something cool happens.

I know this doesn't help the competitive scene, but it does help the social scene.  I'm not as good as the rest of the community, however I'm heaps better than my casual friends who like the game, but not enough to be awesome.

So, we'd like to play each other and for it to still be fun, it might still be one sided, but at least they don't feel crap because they can't throw out fire balls.

IMO, Street Fighter 4 IS easy mode. Dragon punch motions have never been easier to do, the standard pad layout (on PS3 at least) is easy to pick up, and you don't exactly have to be able to FADC to have fun. It sounds like your friends just need some basic introduction to Street Fighter. Teach them how to block, throw, super and ultra, and then explain that the goal of the game isn't to do the most flashy shit, but that it's all about using your NORMALS properly first. Then once they get that down, they'll be eager to learn the combos etc. At least, that's how I would teach it if I were running a class :/
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[8-----D] Toots

Jump cancelable moves would be neato

Wouldn't mind some kinda of custom combo meter  8)

Make it possible to Ultra cancel from normals and specials

Give everyone a roll ala cvs2

Bring back Alpha 1 chain combos

Half the size of stages

Parry

Should be awesome

Quote from: electric on October 30, 2009, 04:51:32 PM

IMO, Street Fighter 4 IS easy mode. Dragon punch motions have never been easier to do, the standard pad layout (on PS3 at least) is easy to pick up, and you don't exactly have to be able to FADC to have fun. It sounds like your friends just need some basic introduction to Street Fighter. Teach them how to block, throw, super and ultra, and then explain that the goal of the game isn't to do the most flashy shit, but that it's all about using your NORMALS properly first. Then once they get that down, they'll be eager to learn the combos etc. At least, that's how I would teach it if I were running a class :/

Nah

electric

"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Lennysaurus

Quote from: electric on October 30, 2009, 04:51:32 PM

What you should do is lose to them for a while and then say.

"Far bro youmust be the street fighter champion of the world.  lets bet ten bucks cuzz!!!"

And then rape them

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Just teach them Boxer. Teach them how to bnb into ultra. teach them cr,Hp for anti air and light headbut too. Dont forget to tell them to headbut ultra. They will probably be good enough for some random wins now, or atleast think they are.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

budafist

Ken should have his wang out.
and its on fire.

and he should say "COCKPUNCH" when he hits his full ultra.

actually, they should do away with pants for all the characters
I'm sick of imagining what their 'bits' look like.

The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

i totally agree with lenny about ken.....but then again, sf4 doesnt really reward mixup/mind games that much, just mash out anti-airs and ur done....but lenny dropping the mean game design thoughts....oucherz
The New Generation Clockw0rk

[NIUE] weazzyefff

I like the idea about giving the weaker chars more tools in their arsenal other than buffing them up.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

samurai black

air to air grab ultra for abel, for maximum hype.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

Quote from: CrazyMobius on October 30, 2009, 07:18:29 PM
Quote from: Toomeke on October 30, 2009, 04:53:36 PM
Jump cancelable moves would be neato

Wouldn't mind some kinda of custom combo meter  8)

Make it possible to Ultra cancel from normals and specials

Give everyone a roll ala cvs2

Bring back Alpha 1 chain combos

Half the size of stages

Parry

Should be awesome

Oh my God. I so hope you are being sarcastic here.

Fuck yeah, rolls would really add utility to a lot of the lower tier characters. Ultra from normals makes it easier to come back from getting wasted. It'd be mean to do some JC cc stuff and smaller stages let you do those awesome ccs like A3. You're onto something bro. I reckon with parries you should have like a counter like in KoF
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

samurai black

Quote from: ILL_BILL on October 30, 2009, 09:48:14 PM
Gief is getting one.

isn't it just his anti air super from the alpha games? i want this shit airborne, ala brian battler from kof

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: samurai black on October 30, 2009, 11:30:49 PM
Gief is getting one.

isn't it just his anti air super from the alpha games? i want this shit airborne, ala brian battler from kof

Ah yea might be. He need an air lariat imo.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

gunsmoke

Quote from: ILL_BILL on October 31, 2009, 12:54:14 AM
Quote from: samurai black on October 30, 2009, 11:30:49 PM
Gief is getting one.

Ah yea might be. He need an air lariat imo.

Oh yes my favourite character Brian.... 8) 8) 8)

Gieft should have air throw :P
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!