• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpunch

just incase ppl dont go over to eventhubs much heres the lastest.

Update: Ken Bogard emailed me to clarify some of the things in this news story. Notably that there were 8 character slots in the beta he played, with only Juri, T. Hawk and Dee Jay selectable.

He also stated that the properties for Shoryuken/Tiger Uppercut moves wouldn't be changed, but Ono wants the rest of the cast to have more ways of countering these attacks.

Earlier in the day more Super Street Fighter 4 details have emerged from the Micromania Game Show that was held in France.

Ken Bogard got some hands on time with the title and revealed/confirmed some new details about the game which Tuurio translated. Here's the skinny.

• He confirmed characters will have two Ultra moves.

• Some of the new commands to execute an Ultra are very unique.

• There were 8 selectable character spots on the select screen with only Juri, T. Hawk and Dee Jay selectable.

• The character select screen is completely different than it was in Street Fighter 4.

• Yoshinori Ono is still pushing hard to get an arcade version made.

• He was asked if the big announcement next week will relate to characters or new online modes, Ono said it was the latter.

• Dee Jay's Machine Gun Punch is now a mash punch command. It's no longer done by charging down and then pressing up + punch.

• T. Hawk's Condor Spire (horizontal Hawk Dive) is a reverse Dragon Punch command.

• You can follow an EX-Tomahawk Buster with an EX-Condor Dive. This takes two EX meters.

• Yoshinori feels that a Darkstalkers revival is possible.

• Throws are too easy to land in Capcom's eyes and they plan to tweak some things to fix this. Ono wants jumps to have fewer startup frames.

• Capcom wants to give the rest of the cast more tools for countering Dragon Punch/Tiger Uppercut attacks.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Fuck Darkstalkers in the face. Who's dick do i have to suck at capcom to get 3rd strike ffs.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: weazzyefff on November 02, 2009, 02:04:54 PM
Fuck Darkstalkers in the face. Who's dick do i have to suck at capcom to get 3rd strike ffs.

BRING THAT DARKSTALKERS SHIT ON.

ANNNNAAAAAKKKKKAAAAARRIIISSSSSSSS
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

maelgrim

All sounds good.
& Yeah bring on Dark Stalkers ! & make it a team tag game  ;D
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

Lennysaurus

Quote from: ILL_BILL on November 02, 2009, 02:28:20 PM

OMG Bill!!! You and I play the same characters in loads of fucking games.  Maybe we were twins seperated at birth?

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: The Lenny on November 02, 2009, 03:16:18 PM

OMG Bill!!! You and I play the same characters in loads of fucking games.  Maybe we were twins seperated at birth?
Yeah, i'll say, you two def need to sit down and have a beer as your char choice rarely diverge.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: The Lenny on November 02, 2009, 03:16:18 PM

Fuck, it MUST be true. Us islanders need to stick together.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

DVS

Got me a dose of T-Hawk wastings today...

Was playing the Anniversay addition and was leading the round with about 80% of my health.....until....T-Hawk unleashes his double slam super and takes all but a pube hair of my health off....I'm like WTF??? The dude behind me's eyes nearly popped out of his head  :o....then T Hawk does another Hawk dive and puts me out of my misery....

If T-Hawk is overpowered like that in SS4 I'm guna punch kittens for a week.....

From what footage I've seen thus far he has awesome reach, an excellent guard break, a quick walk and with the horizontal hawk dive another way to cover distance and throw....It'll be like having your arse handed to you by a member of the village people.....and with SAGAT nerfed...who will save us?? ???
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

[8-----D] Toots

massi4h

I don't get it, that was one of the most boring fighting game videos I've ever watched.

[NIUE]iRONSoL

i think it shows the underpoweredness of t.hawk in that game
pringles

stereomonkey

T.Hawk is powerful and thats a good thing.  Next time stay the fuck away from him instead of letting him get in on ya and fuck you up.  Damn doors2nirvana would teach you that if you played on ggpo. :'(
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: massi4h on November 02, 2009, 06:07:58 PM
I don't get it, that was one of the most boring fighting game videos I've ever watched.

You SOOOOOOO don't get it

Quote from: iRONsoL on November 02, 2009, 06:12:56 PM
i think it shows the underpoweredness of t.hawk in that game

Pretty much. Hawk guess's right about a million times and still loses.

massi4h

I thought it was hawk trying to be honda with his non meter builing hundred hand poke.

B BOY DRAW2

faaaaark...
I'm getting super street impatient!!!
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.