• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DVS

Quote from: Toomeke on November 02, 2009, 05:48:04 PM
Quote from: DVS on November 02, 2009, 05:39:20 PM

If T-Hawk is overpowered like that in SS4 I'm guna punch kittens for a week.....

:o :o :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5fonsK9i80

Yeah, but keep in mind thats just anniversary Streeties, Honda has a mean defence game against someone who actually 'has to' lay a hand on ya to do damage.... I'm sure as shit that Hawk will be a fucking bullet proof Tiger and will eat Ryu & Ken for breakfast in SUPER(yes I'm probably opening up a huge can of worms saying that...I know all projectileless character users hate us fireball spammers)....I'll let you finish your thread,but Ryu is like the figure head of the franchise.....just saying....be gay if a giant pink indian shits all over him..... :-\

Don't know why that guy was trying to fight honda from a distance anyway  ???, didn't build any meter  ???...Honda had full meter like 10 seconds into the first round....
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

samurai black

just cause ryu is the face of sf, doesnt mean hes always good.

stereomonkey

T.Hawk is low tier, you just got your ass handed to you when you got 720'ed.  Being a hater on a low as fuck tier character that has to bust his balls to make a win doesn't make sense.  It wasn't till HDR that T.Hawk became semi decent.  So dont worry about Ryu getting owned by the pink troll  because that aint happening in ST.

The Honda fight is Hawks worst match up in ST.  Honda can destroy non-fireballers in no time with hard hits and orchio throw loops (ST only).  Not much hawk can do but bait out some headbutts and try to punish with normals unless the person using hawk has some perfect execution skills which could give him a better chance in dealing damage.

Watching vids to speculate on how a character plays instead of waiting for the release seems silly.  Wait till SSFIV drops.

Might be good to do a histroy review on the "Canadian Troll".  To give you some insight check out Sirlins notes about Hawk and his changes made to make him a bit better in HDR here: http://www.sirlin.net/articles/street-fighter-hd-remix-thawk.html

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Lennysaurus

Quote from: DVS on November 02, 2009, 11:48:44 PM
Quote from: Toomeke on November 02, 2009, 05:48:04 PM
Quote from: DVS on November 02, 2009, 05:39:20 PM

If T-Hawk is overpowered like that in SS4 I'm guna punch kittens for a week.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5fonsK9i80

Yeah, but keep in mind thats just anniversary Streeties, Honda has a mean defence game against someone who actually 'has to' lay a hand on ya to do damage.... I'm sure as shit that Hawk will be a fucking bullet proof Tiger and will eat Ryu & Ken for breakfast in SUPER(yes I'm probably opening up a huge can of worms saying that...I know all projectileless character users hate us fireball spammers)....I'll let you finish your thread,but Ryu is like the figure head of the franchise.....just saying....be gay if a giant pink indian shits all over him..... :-\

Don't know why that guy was trying to fight honda from a distance anyway  ???, didn't build any meter  ???...Honda had full meter like 10 seconds into the first round....

The E Honda had charge the entire round.  T Hawk couldnt jump in as jab headbutt beats everything he has.

The T Hawk player was trying to:
1: Bait out a feirce headbutt which he could beat out with his jump back jab.  This is why he would everynow and then jump back and punch for no reason.  This would leave honda with no charge and t hawk in crossup range.  When T hawk is close, he has an option select that is very difficult to do, but very difficult to get out of.  It uses his mexican typhoon and negative edge so that if the character does a wake up he blocks it and punishes, if they dont do a wake up they get thrown and T Hawk does it again.  This is the loop he would likely start from a crossup.

2: Hawks cr. jab can trade with hondas HHS and beat his strong and feirce headbutts clean.  Im guessing he was spamming it to try and gain a life lead so that he could wait Honda out and try and get him to start attacking.  This is a much more advantageous situation for T Hawk.

Its a hard match up though.  Probably the worst matchup in all of ST except maybe Sim vs Gief?

Anyway justmy 2 cents.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

Does t.hawk standing jab beat out headbutt? I know some chars' do.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

DVS

Quote from: The Lenny on November 03, 2009, 06:41:54 AM
The E Honda had charge the entire round.  T Hawk couldnt jump in as jab headbutt beats everything he has.

The T Hawk player was trying to:
1: Bait out a feirce headbutt which he could beat out with his jump back jab.  This is why he would everynow and then jump back and punch for no reason.  This would leave honda with no charge and t hawk in crossup range.  When T hawk is close, he has an option select that is very difficult to do, but very difficult to get out of.  It uses his mexican typhoon and negative edge so that if the character does a wake up he blocks it and punishes, if they dont do a wake up they get thrown and T Hawk does it again.  This is the loop he would likely start from a crossup.

2: Hawks cr. jab can trade with hondas HHS and beat his strong and feirce headbutts clean.  Im guessing he was spamming it to try and gain a life lead so that he could wait Honda out and try and get him to start attacking.  This is a much more advantageous situation for T Hawk.

Its a hard match up though.  Probably the worst matchup in all of ST except maybe Sim vs Gief?

Anyway justmy 2 cents.

Good comments lenny, yeah it's a hard match up for Hawk no doubt. With SF4 entroducing exact timing (due to more frames in 3D animation than 2D) it will be a little bit easier for Hawk to take on Honda...still Honda will always have an advantage in this match up.  

DVS

Watching vids to speculate on how a character plays instead of waiting for the release seems silly.  Wait till SSFIV drops.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Isn't that what a discussion forum is for?  :-\

DVS

fluxcore

*tries to think of a game where ryu is not good*

uhh, mvc2.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HoneyBadger

3rd strike sort of counts.... He's not top tier there?
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Hydro

^^
Ryu is solid mid in 3S. Still good though.

DVS

Not to say that I think it's not cool that he's not like number 1, he's been a top tier beast forever....ahhhhh I remember the days when a dragon punch was the answer to all my problems... ::)

I like where he's placed in STF4 - you have to work hard in some match ups to get your desired result....but he still has all the tools in the shed to win.

One of the best things that has come in in 4 is the many ways you can be punished for jumping back and spamming fireballs when it comes down to the death....characters like Abel, Vega, Honda, Rog (and some I'm probably forgetting) love it when you do that....
now it's "to hadouken or not to hadouken" that is the question...

HoneyBadger

Yeah James, but it was the best I could come up with =(

I thought that jump back fireball was even worse in SF2 than in SF4 cause of the small stages, and if a character like Rog got you in the corner in a situation like that = deathhhhh.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

You have always had to question whether you can safely fireball.

DVS

Quote from: fluxcore on November 03, 2009, 09:31:30 AM
You have always had to question whether you can safely fireball.

True, but you never been so punished for it like in 4 as in previous STF's....it can mean death even if you have a good amount of health.... Abel & Rog Ultras are good examples of that...