• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

You serious? Jump in hk over fireball, cr.mk, fireball for dizzy, repeat death?

Or if you are going to say 'yeah but that's not THROUGH the fireball' then ST has plenty of supers that go through fireball for massive damage.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

DVS

Quote from: fluxcore on November 03, 2009, 09:47:05 AM
You serious? Jump in hk over fireball, cr.mk, fireball for dizzy, repeat death?

Or if you are going to say 'yeah but that's not THROUGH the fireball' then ST has plenty of supers that go through fireball for massive damage.

Good point, I guess I forgotton about World Warrior.... I guess it feels nastier when a phat Ultra goes straight thru of my lovely fireballs  ::)

My personal favourite is baiting a fireball trade off then whipping out RYU HP super fireball from across the screen  ;D
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

stereomonkey

Super Turbo/CVS2/A2&A3.  You get punished all the time throwing fireballs stupidly.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: stereomonkey on November 03, 2009, 10:28:27 AM
Super Turbo/CVS2/A2&A3/MARVEL.  You get punished all the time throwing fireballs stupidly.

;D
The New Generation Clockw0rk

stereomonkey

massi4h

Xmen vs street fighter will make you eat a free super from a lot of the cast. But no one plays that :(

DVS

DVS

Quote from: CrazyMobius on November 04, 2009, 04:29:56 PM
Quote from: DVS on November 04, 2009, 04:04:30 PM
Check deez out a bit of game play from deejay:
http://www.hadoken.net/?p=841

I saw another one where they are in that underpass stage. I don't really like the look of Deejay in this one. He looks like Mr Wooden man.

I think he looks like that cadbury advert where the dudes made of chocolate, his skin is so mat brown..... :-\ his face looks weird too

samurai black

Quote from: DVS on November 04, 2009, 04:36:54 PM
I think he looks like that cadbury advert where the dudes made of chocolate, his skin is so mat brown..... :-\ his face looks weird too

maybe even the lynx ad?

DVS

Quote from: samurai black on November 04, 2009, 04:51:49 PM
Quote from: DVS on November 04, 2009, 04:36:54 PM

maybe even the lynx ad?

Oh yup, that was I meant  ::)

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

That video made him look kinda stink.

I was liking the speed, but his animations look kind of awkward.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

xpunch

yeah i rekon they made dee jay look funny and he looks like he dosent want to be hit, bludy bouncing up n down like a douche. doesn't look relaxed and tuff like in ssf2 but still il use hym heaps haha. lol @ wood man

Barnstorm

Quote from: DVS on November 03, 2009, 09:21:14 AM

I like where he's placed in STF4 - you have to work hard in some match ups to get your desired result....but he still has all the tools in the shed to win.

O

by this to you mean top tier??
and for the dick thats gona say sagats top tier hes like 2nd equal with rog and rufus

stereomonkey

Barnstorm, you seem to type down what I cant be bothered wasting my time doing.  Stupid Ryu ;D

I like DeeJays look.  Im not to sure about his walking towards animation but the rest of it looks right since the man is full of energy waiting to max out on you while wearing his shit-eating grin the whole time.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

BOnus stages back in SSF4 with pics !

Plus more details below .........

At Least 2 New Bonus Stages: This is obvious just from the screenshots.  The "wreck the car" and "break the barrels" bonus stages both make a return for Super SF4.

8 Player Support: From what can be seen, Super SF4's online modes will support up to 8 players.

"Endless Battle": It is suspected that this is a fancy name for the lobby system.  As so aptly put by a forum poster, hopefully it will be like the "Quarter Match" system that's in Super SF2 HD Remix.  If that is the case, 2 players will play while the rest spectate and talk amongst themselves.

"Team Battle": Apparently there is support for 2 vs 2 and 4 vs 4 in Super Street Fighter 4.

"Replay Channel": There will be a channel where players can watch match replays with other players. Voice chat will be enabled so players can discuss replays.

My take: If this is true, Capcom has really taken the fans' suggestions and seems to be going above and beyond in making them happen.  Now I await information on how the Ranked and Championship modes will change and, most importantly, how the actual search engine which finds matches for you is improved. IMO the search engine was the biggest weakness of SF4's online component.

"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "