• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] weazzyefff

I'm still fucked off about selectable Ultras.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

electric

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on December 14, 2009, 10:22:19 PM
oh my quote is from american ninja 2 below as well .

They had the best 1 liners in that movie .

Hahaha I know right ? In the first American Ninja, Dudikoff does like 8 dive rolls in the first 5 minutes... it's so awesome -- I think I counted 14 total

1,2 and 4 are great... Fucking hated the third one though
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

DVS

Quote from: weazzyefff on December 15, 2009, 01:36:48 AM

For reals bro?...thats shithouse  :-\
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

fluxcore

guess you guys must all hate 3s huh
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Still unconfirmed. Just highly likely.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

DVS

DVS

Quote from: ILL_BILL on December 15, 2009, 10:12:40 AM

Still unconfirmed. Just highly likely.

I hope not, I wanna be able to mix it up as much as I can......also if there are any possible links from one ultra into the next that would be sweet (damage scaled of course).....

electric

I don't see what the big deal about selectable ultras is... SF4 isn't Marvel

IMO, there's no possible way a game with 33+ characters with two ultras + 1 super each could possibly be as balanced as the game is now, especially with the time frame they're aiming for

HoneyBadger

It could just be fun shit like shin shoryuken. It's not like 3S had 3 really good supers. Most chars just had the one DAMAGER super and the rest were just funny
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

DVS

Quote from: electric on December 15, 2009, 10:22:44 AM
I don't see what the big deal about selectable ultras is... SF4 isn't Marvel

IMO, there's no possible way a game with 33+ characters with two ultras + 1 super each could possibly be as balanced as the game is now, especially with the time frame they're aiming for

Coz I'm greedy I want dem all at once....... ;D

I see what your saying tho...balancing that would be a nightmare....maybe just making one a damaging ultra and the other just more of a styly one..not so damaging perhaps....along the line of what Bill was saying

electric

Quote from: CrazyMobius on December 15, 2009, 11:33:36 AM
No it's actually cool cos it's kinda like Doubling the amount of selectable characters in the game.

Exactly -- I mean, imagine how different some of the characters would play that have "punish" ultras at the moment... Akuma, Rose, Fuerte...

Imagine Zangief with an AA ultra. If both were available at the same time, then non projectile/runaway characters would have 1-9 match ups against him since there's no way to attack safely once he gets ultra (just an example, but you get my point)

Barnstorm

Quote from: electric on December 15, 2009, 11:44:48 AM
No it's actually cool cos it's kinda like Doubling the amount of selectable characters in the game.

Exactly -- I mean, imagine how different some of the characters would play that have "punish" ultras at the moment... Akuma, Rose, Fuerte...

Imagine Zangief with an AA ultra. If both were available at the same time, then non projectile/runaway characters would have 1-9 match ups against him since there's no way to attack safely once he gets ultra (just an example, but you get my point)

fully disagree gona end up like 3rd strike 1 ultra is what everyone uses with the exception of maybe 3-4 characters
just another ultra if you get bored after getting a 50win streak

DVS

Quote from: electric on December 15, 2009, 11:44:48 AM

Oh your slowly talking me around man....I see the point of that, however Alpha also worked with multiple level 3 Super selectable....just gotta keep your eyes on the action....everyone will use the ultras differently anyway....some may favour using one all the time rather than the other...but it would be nice to at least have the option to use another one in game if you need it....it may miss match it otherwise if you choose one ultra and the other player has a natural play style which makes it hard to connect yours...

Dunno either way I'll be happy...just my 2 cents  ;)

HoneyBadger

Meter in Alpha was used for so much more than supers whereas ultra meter is just ultra meter.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA