• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Yeah that rumour list does have errors. I'm dubious about the multi-focus thing tbh.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

DVS

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on January 07, 2010, 10:22:51 AM
Well just shows that rumor list is 100% correct even dhalsims ultra he says yoga shangrila . Just wanna see the new tandem multiple hitting focus now , believe it's like a parry , u can focus multiple hits from supers but of course if you do manage to focus all the hits 1 jab can take all that life away .
Should be awesome , love kens fire from the feet bitches lol and Ryus metsu shoryuken , I'm Gunna be maining Ken again but also using ryu because that dp ultra is the damager

Shit fulla if you want a rival in the "Ryu vs Ken" area...I'm your man....no rounds this time either...Ken crazy flamming feet against Ryu Damager Metsu Shoryuken....let the games begin  ;)
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

stereomonkey

Quote from: DVS on January 07, 2010, 10:49:01 AM
Shit fulla if you want a rival in the "Ryu vs Ken" area...I'm your man....no rounds this time either...Ken crazy flamming feet against Ryu Damager Metsu Shoryuken....let the games begin  ;)
Lol, rivals using rival characters...

Cammy always gets the sexy costumes and that one inch punch would be cool if it had a close up on Fei's face ala Bruce Lee style :D

Ryu's ultra looks over the top and Ken's looks weird but probably comboable.  Mecha Gief and his ultra is soo cool.  What is up with Dan's alt, coming back from a Luau or something?  Rog looks like a mother fucker now :P
Chuns costume looks fugly
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Hakan - An Arabic grappler obsessed with oil.
Juri - Evil Asian girl fighter working for Seth.
All characters will have two Ultras. They will both be available at one time, not selectable like with Third Strike's Super Arts. The commands to execute your Ultras do not overlap.
It sounds like the characters from Third Strike are set up with their prior Super Arts. They had three in that game, so one will be their Super and the other two their Ultras.
Gen has four Ultras because of his two fighting styles. One of these is said to be an Air Ultra.
All characters still have one Super, except Sakura who apparently has a Shinkuu Hadoken (Super Fireball) as well.
Some characters will have Air Ultras.
The Bonus Stages will be returning.
This will be an exclusive arcade release at least for a few months.
An official announcement is said to be coming at the Tokyo Game Show and on the Japanese Street Fighter 4 blog soon.(I think?)
Expect the return of the many familiar Supers, and a few new ones like Metsu Shoryuken. You'll see the return of Chun-Li's Kikosho (Super Fireball), Gouken's Denjin, Sagat's Tiger Cannon (Super Fireball).
Ibuki has a run command.
Guile has his Sonic Hurricane move from Marvel vs. Capcom 2.
Dudley has his Chain combos from Third Strike, plus one additional Chain combo.
Cody is the only character with an Alpha Counter and he still has his knife. He supposedly needs his knife to perform one of his Ultras.
Rufus can cancel-break the last hit of his Spectacle Romance, or the launch kick of Space Opera Symphony.
Guy has his Chain combos.
Makoto has her Tanden Renki Super from Third Strike.
Zangief is said to have a 720 degree motion Air Ultra called the Siberian Blizzard.
The game takes place one year after Street Fighter 4.
Dudley was searching for his car in Third Strike, in this game he's searching for a rose.
T. Hawk's storyline involves him protecting Juni or Juli.
Dhalsim's new Ultra is called the Yoga Shangri'la.
There's a new gameplay system called Tadan Saving, the phrase implies a multi-hitting or multiple-level Focus Attack.
The console characters are all said to be added to the upcoming arcade release, with the possible exceptions of Seth and Gouken

Crossed out all the confirmed shit for the sake of it. With the exception of Sonic Hurricane, since technically we havent seen it yet.

Theres still A LOT on that list that is unconfirmed. And the red shit is stuff that ended up being wrong. So i hate to argue with one of Euan's ballsacks, but its not looking 100% accurate really. :(
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

So 99% of the things that have been announced have come tru , safe to say whoever leaked that list knows what's up . I'd say most if not all the other things on there will also be right .
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on January 07, 2010, 11:02:18 AM
So 99% of the things that have been announced have come tru , safe to say whoever leaked that list knows what's up . I'd say most if not all the other things on there will also be right .

This seems like a fair call. Although a couple of major things were wrong, so i think on things such as the tadan saving thing, its safe to still be skeptical. But yea, im inclined to believe the rest of it as well.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

DVS

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on January 07, 2010, 11:02:18 AM

Yeah is pretty bang on....wif a few that are left field....fuck I'm guna freeze myself until this game comes out  8)
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

electric

QuoteThe game takes place one year after Street Fighter 4.

I believe this was also confirmed... not that it makes a fuck of difference
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

The left ballsack never lies !!!!! An arcade release beforeconsole is still highly possible no matter how much kaka Ono talks , at least in japan . It's obvious that when that list was released it was accurate , a few things may have changed over the course of development but pretty much most of that stuff will be in

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: electric on January 07, 2010, 11:08:38 AM
QuoteThe game takes place one year after Street Fighter 4.

I believe this was also confirmed... not that it makes a fuck of difference
dam your quiker than me this morning lol , man balrogs alt looks so good , rufuses kungfool owtfit also looks good

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on January 07, 2010, 11:10:17 AM
The left ballsack never lies !!!!! An arcade release beforeconsole is still highly possible no matter how much kaka Ono talks , at least in japan . It's obvious that when that list was released it was accurate , a few things may have changed over the course of development but pretty much most of that stuff will be in

Yea thats what i reckon the deal is. Although i still have a feeling theyre gonna bust the console release out, Throw in some balance patches, and then release the final version in arcade. This makes a lot of sense to me.

Fuck, this trailer has given me a SSF4 hard-on. Im gonna be on XBL playing SF4 as of now, until i get bored. Those that arent at work feel free to keep me from jamming in training mode for the next 7 odd hours.

And i crossed out the 1 year after SF4 bit.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Dam I gottta go get another 360 , anyone know where I can just get a console for cheap ?

[8-----D] Toots

:D

Man the Ultra's are starting to get retarded now. Too much flow of the game is lost when you have long cinematic crap like that imo. I only really like Fei Long and Ryu's Ultra at the mome. At least Ken's Ultra looks like it might be useful..

I think Mech gief is actually Colossus Gief? No?

EDIT:

The first hit of Ken's Ultra completely whiffs Rufus. Looks like He has two shit Ultras now

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Toomeke on January 07, 2010, 11:18:42 AM
:D

Man the Ultra's are starting to get retarded now. Too much flow of the game is lost when you have long cinematic crap like that imo. I only really like Fei Long and Ryu's Ultra at the mome. At least Ken's Ultra looks like it might be useful..

I think Mech gief is actually Colossus Gief? No?

I think sim's (although i think it looks crap) could be useful too, given the angle he grabs the opponent from.

And im already thinking of potential uses for fuerte's. Imagine an RSF that ends in run -> stop -> ultra instead of slide. (Works assuming similar startup proerties to gief's ultra) So everyone decides to try to jump out of it by holding up? Then it ends in run -> stop -> guac for a decent damage reset.

Mech gief definitely looks like colossus gief, but if thats what they were going for they wouldve given him the full body suit, and made him more like a dude with metal skin, rather than more of a 'robot' like his current look. I think its probably more just coincidence, but hell, most of the time im wrong, so meh.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on January 07, 2010, 11:18:07 AM
Dam I gottta go get another 360 , anyone know where I can just get a console for cheap ?

Trademe
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.