• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DVS

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on January 14, 2010, 10:50:02 AM
yeah why dont you just get ggpo then you can play as much as you want without dropping coins into the arcade . And you can play leo from home .

It's always nice to look into the eyes of a person you've just rinsed in streeties.....mind you it's also nice to hide behind a screen at home when you've been rinsed...haha
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

Lennysaurus

Quote from: DVS on January 14, 2010, 11:51:01 AM
yeah why dont you just get ggpo then you can play as much as you want without dropping coins into the arcade . And you can play leo from home .

It's always nice to look into the eyes of a person you've just rinsed in streeties.....mind you it's also nice to hide behind a screen at home when you've been rinsed...haha

You better play me on GGPO then bro CAUSE IM THE MOTHERFUCKING RINSER!!!! OOHH SNAAAP!!!

lolz

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

DVS

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on January 14, 2010, 11:58:58 AM
Quote from: DVS on January 14, 2010, 11:51:01 AM

You better play me on GGPO then bro CAUSE IM THE MOTHERFUCKING RINSER!!!! OOHH SNAAAP!!!

lolz

I fucking know you bro, I don't live to far away from the hospital....I'm sure they have a burn unit.....COZ I'VE BEEN BURNED!!!! :D

LOLZ

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 14, 2010, 08:33:50 AM
Yea ben i thought of that after i posted it. Definitely a significant nerf.
Why didnt you think of that when i posted it like a week ago.

And as i said before, i will drop him if you cant cancel s lk. Thats where all the fun is with Sagat. Not to mention he'd get raped. Chars will run circles on him with slow walk speed and no range on pokes. Wada fucking joke.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Lennysaurus

Quote from: weazzyefff on January 14, 2010, 12:21:04 PM
Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 14, 2010, 08:33:50 AM
Yea ben i thought of that after i posted it. Definitely a significant nerf.
Why didnt you think of that when i posted it like a week ago.

And as i said before, i will drop him if you cant cancel s lk. Thats where all the fun is with Sagat. Not to mention he'd get raped. Chars will run circles on him with slow walk speed and no range on pokes. Wada fucking joke.

I doubt hes gonna get raped just from that change.  He still has great zoning, good juggles and damage, and his pokes are pretty good, his standing roundhouse is like the tird best normal in the game imo.  It completely shutsdown some characters when they get in close.

I dont like the idea of them making him do less damage oper hit.  Sagat has always hit hard.  They just need to stop him from juggling soo much.  I dont like him having regular vitality either.  He has always been a tank with high vitality in every game, and it seems weird now having him on regular life.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yeah with normal HP, reduced DMG. SHK is aight i guess and c HP. But i dunno, i still see him getting raped.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

geneterror

I just assumed the st.lk being 2 hits for Sagat would be like other games where the first hit is cancellable but the second hit isn't.
KOW 2011

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: geneterror on January 14, 2010, 12:45:22 PM
I just assumed the st.lk being 2 hits for Sagat would be like other games where the first hit is cancellable but the second hit isn't.
Oh god please this.

Why didnt anyone else say that. I guess they are hoping lol.

fluxcore

Technically they said he has reduced HP, not normal. I think it'll still be a bit more than normal, just not the amount he has now.

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: fluxcore on January 14, 2010, 01:12:27 PM
Technically they said he has reduced HP, not normal. I think it'll still be a bit more than normal, just not the amount he has now.

Yeah true. HP doesnt bother me as much as the s lk cancel.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on January 14, 2010, 12:26:02 PM

They just need to stop him from juggling soo much.

definately....take away his jugglypuffs and i reckon he'll be lower enough to deal with
The New Generation Clockw0rk

DVS

Quote from: AD-Remix on January 14, 2010, 01:47:13 PM
Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on January 14, 2010, 12:26:02 PM

They just need to stop him from juggling soo much.

definately....take away his jugglypuffs and i reckon he'll be lower enough to deal with

Might aswel take away the fun too....

Keep the juggles - reduce the damage....me reckons

kingpiccolo

TBH if sagat aint top tier in this game watch all the tier whores jump ship.

LOLS

Barnstorm

sagat has never been a big combo character he should be big hitter and zoner thats it his combos are rediculous

sagat isnt really a fun character never is/was

[NIUE] weazzyefff

He probably never was but he is now. I like doing tk traps just like i like doing resets with Akuma.

I dont like pushing them out straight away then going back to zoning ala Ryu. But i do like Ryu's footsies and cross up pressure. But Akuma does it better. I dunno aye theres a shitload of chars i like in this game. I aint a hater.