• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnstorm

kingpiccolo

man i hope they have awesome special intros like alpha 3s ones.

my favs were gen vs akuma (18secs), guy vs cody (44secs) and adon vs sagat (55secs)
dunno how to do the time stamps stuff.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Fuck, whats the bet NZ sells this for full price, despite it being cheaper for them to purchase.

Cunts.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CptMunta

$89.95 from what I hear. NZ dollar  :'(

Edit:
Christchurch SSF4 tourney hosters Gamestation are looking into discounts for tourney goers too. We should support our local indie stores like First Games and Gamestation down in CHCH. Community, Back scratching etc...  ;D
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

zos'la

looks at firstgames, I THINK they might be able to give a discount for us but the price is not available yet but I am CERTAIn they will beat all retailers.

And please if you do buy stuff from Firstgames, try to state you're from NZism Street Fighter community that they sponsored :)
appreciated^^
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Barnstorm

Quote from: kingpiccolo on March 16, 2010, 02:27:25 AM
man i hope they have awesome special intros like alpha 3s ones.

my favs were gen vs akuma (18secs), guy vs cody (44secs) and adon vs sagat (55secs)

bro those are pretty awesome
sagat adon was mint
and dan blanka

I think they are goin with the rival battle instead though

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Also, i noticed a couple of interesting things in this video.

1:40 - Air Jag Kick resets the opponent. Does this mean after an air JK, Adon gets to potentially dash -> rising jaguar? Or even dash -> ultra the airborne opponent?

3:13 - Awesome chip on ibuki's super. I can see myself being knocked down late in the game, only to be super'd on wakeup and getting killed. >_>

And after watching other shit, i can see how dudley is going to be awesome. His forward dash is hell quick, and covers insane distance. Recovery looks decent too. As well as his myriad of other shit to close distance and rape you. Smart people are gonna be able to zone him out though i reckon. Despite his 'duck' shit etc.

Adon is looking like another chun, in that he is going to poke your ass until you die. (no homo) And he looks like he's going to be decent at getting around fireballs. Looks like he dishes out pretty good damage aswell.

Havent seen much DECENT footage of the other characters, so its pretty hard to comment. How there have been literally ZERO dee jay videos with someone that can actually play half decently is beyond me. The best gameplay stuff has been the Jwong 3S footage by far.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

Quote from: kingpiccolo on March 16, 2010, 02:27:25 AM

i always liked the one where ken had ryu in a headlock.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIwXj3OPUK0&feature=player_embedded#

Actual Turkish Oil wrestling.

1:33 - Actual turkish oil wrestler ACTUALLY putting his hand down the other dudes pants.

Hakan is going to be SOOOO AWESOME
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

at about like 1:40 on that adon vs ibuki vid, looks like he can link that jaguar tooth kick into a crouching jab...maybe

but about that dash under thing, didnt they say u go into a floaty state or something now in ssf4....and cant be comboed?

also, from a 3s perspective of dudley, his dash looks killer mean in ssf4....that jwong vid shows that they built up from his 3s stuff making him even better...so dope

dudley is gonna rape everything.....so dope
The New Generation Clockw0rk

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: AD-Remix on March 16, 2010, 02:48:16 PM
at about like 1:40 on that adon vs ibuki vid, looks like he can link that jaguar tooth kick into a crouching jab...maybe

but about that dash under thing, didnt they say u go into a floaty state or something now in ssf4....and cant be comboed?

also, from a 3s perspective of dudley, his dash looks killer mean in ssf4....that jwong vid shows that they built up from his 3s stuff making him even better...so dope

dudley is gonna rape everything.....so dope

Its not dope if they make a cool character so good that he gets overused by all the tier whores. That makes dudley less appealing in the long run, and he loses a lot of his lustre.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

nah its still algud, cos then i can rape all the tier whores and put them back in thier place playing ryu ( :P) hahaha
The New Generation Clockw0rk

geneterror

KOW 2011

zos'la

Quote from: AD-Remix on March 16, 2010, 03:13:32 PM
nah its still algud, cos then i can rape all the tier whores and put them back in thier place playing ryu ( :P) hahaha
bad boy!!! you no point fingers!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

$84.99 is mint !!!!!
SF4 still retails for $129.99 so its way cheaper !!! YAy !!!!!!!!!
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "