• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

All things Anime

Started by Barnstorm, September 21, 2009, 03:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoneyBadger

Quote from: gunsmoke on September 23, 2009, 10:07:53 PM
Any1 fans of Studio Ghibli - gake no ue no Ponyo eng subs . Just watched this morning... ::)

So damn good man. Not action , not drama , not romance  but Fantasy animation.Best masterpiece anime in all times .

Gonna wait 4 the DVD's to be release and keep it as collection

Fuck yeah. The way they did the water in that is amazingggg
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

maelgrim

Well since there have been a few mentions of non Anime.
I thought i'd bring up one of the best animated shows

Samurai Jack !!
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: maelgrim on September 24, 2009, 10:47:57 AM

Well since there have been a few mentions of non Anime.
I thought i'd bring up one of the best animated shows

Samurai Jack !!

The scottish guy with the machine gun leg is the greatest character ever conceived by man.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

maelgrim

"magic runes laddie!"  :)

Got all 4 seasons on DVD - great stuff
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

samurai black

aww man, i want them on dvd. i only have season 1, the rest are dirty pirate copies. jack learns to jump good is like, one of my favourite eps. ever.

"YOU CAN FLY!?"

"No, jump good!"

and wasnt tartakovsky supposed to finish samurai jack off? i remember him saying something like 'jack will be back'. last i heard, him and his team were storyboarding the action scenes for iron man 2

maelgrim

Yeah I had heard him mention that he wanted to finish the story with a movie.
But that was a while ago and ive heard nothing since :(

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: samurai black on September 24, 2009, 11:38:31 AM
aww man, i want them on dvd. i only have season 1, the rest are dirty pirate copies. jack learns to jump good is like, one of my favourite eps. ever.

"YOU CAN FLY!?"

"No, jump good!"

and wasnt tartakovsky supposed to finish samurai jack off? i remember him saying something like 'jack will be back'. last i heard, him and his team were storyboarding the action scenes for iron man 2
Iron man 2? I heard they were making an Avengers movie.  What happened to that Tekken movie? It was suppose to come out in June. WTF.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

HoneyBadger

They have all combined to make The Smoof movie.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Smoof on September 24, 2009, 12:15:52 PM
They have all combined to make The Smoof movie.
Aww fuck, that movie sounds gay, lol nah jk
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

HoneyBadger

You'd watch it, and it'd be the only movie you owned legally. You'd only have edidtion 2 of the DVD though since Bill would've camped for three days to get 1st edition

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Smoof on September 24, 2009, 12:21:25 PM
You'd watch it, and it'd be the only movie you owned legally. You'd only have edidtion 2 of the DVD though since Bill would've camped for three days to get 1st edition
Nah, i would've just drunk my Up and Go and then carried his sleeping ass to the back of the line.

samurai black

Quote from: weazzyefff on September 24, 2009, 12:02:35 PM
Iron man 2? I heard they were making an Avengers movie.  What happened to that Tekken movie? It was suppose to come out in June. WTF.

they cant make an avengers movie with no captain america or thor. although a hulk/ironman movie would be awesome.

anyways, mickey rourke is the new bad guy in this one, i forgot the name of the villain he's playing though.

gunsmoke

Quote from: Smoof on September 24, 2009, 09:32:00 AM
Quote from: gunsmoke on September 23, 2009, 10:07:53 PM
Any1 fans of Studio Ghibli - gake no ue no Ponyo eng subs . Just watched this morning... ::)

So damn good man. Not action , not drama , not romance  but Fantasy animation.Best masterpiece anime in all times .

Gonna wait 4 the DVD's to be release and keep it as collection

Fuck yeah. The way they did the water in that is amazingggg
Everything is alive.....the way she drive the car , eating hamm..lol oldschool ...hope they sell at Armegeddon... ::)
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

fluxcore

Oh, I remembered another anime I quite enjoyed

Sexy Commando Gaiden: Sugoi yo!!! Masaru-san

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexy_Commando
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

I also remembered one

Kara no Kyoukai -- it's a movie series (up to 6 at the moment) really awesome animation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kara_no_Kyoukai
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla