• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

All things Anime

Started by Barnstorm, September 21, 2009, 03:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

originaljulz

It's pretty fucked up. Imagine every single anime and manga studio fleeing out of Tokyo like some sort of band of refugees.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Skullator

Disappearance BD preorder from amazonJP arrived today, which means two things to me:
Firstly, today was a good day.
Secondly, 2010 was a good year.

Sup syoushitsu?

massi4h

Lol nice Thomas. Yeah I've watched heaps of awesome girly animes and they are awesome like Ouran High School Host Club. But anyway watching naruto with my dad (still on season 1, dragging pretty long) and FMA. Also almost finished the 2nd series of beyblade for the lolz. I never saw the second series but boy they try and copy pokemon and dbz as much as they can in the english dub and keep saying how worldwide it is to try make all the kids buy them. Like they call their "bit beasts" to return. And from the start of the series they've been doing the dbz powerup to call out their bit beasts, but in the last episode I watched one guy actually got the aura and lighting around him and he was doing kamehamehas for some unknown reason.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Hahahahahahaahahhahhahahaahahhaahahahahahahh
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

originaljulz

You actually watch Shojos like Ouran High School Host Club, Mason?

(For those of you who aren't clear what this is about; it's about a high school, that has a 'host club' which is pretty much a bunch of pretty guys that are there for girls to swoon over.)

I worry for you.

Skullator

Quote from: originaljulz on December 22, 2010, 10:30:21 PM
You actually watch Shojos like Ouran High School Host Club, Mason?

(For those of you who aren't clear what this is about; it's about a high school, that has a 'host club' which is pretty much a bunch of pretty guys that are there for girls to swoon over.)

I worry for you.

We power up to Cardcaptor Sakura .mp3's, problem sir?

originaljulz

Mason is the brown haired girl in the hat.
Skullator, you can be every other guy in that audience lol.

P.S. Is that^ your battlestation? Leet.

Skullator

Nice! There's no way that guys little sister could be that cute though.
And yes I probably would spend money to see a Hatsune Miku gig in 3d lol, I find that technology is mindblowing, and put to great use with J-Pop!

Nah man, I don't think it would be fair to call that 800x600 BD unbox pic my battlestation.
If I was to enter battle, this would be a fair indication:

Yes - Messy patching does far better in battle than cable management!

Home:
Lightning edition PS3 - OOP, good multizoning at hardware level for Region1 USA\Japan Region1 BD's and Region2 dvds.
60GB PAL launch PS3 - Jailbroken and with 750GB black 2.5" drive for ultimate shenanigans. Easily the most functionable ps3 you could buy.
Softmod Wii \ Legit X360 slim.
Logitech Z5550 speakers.
Samsung 32" LED
Viewsonic 24" LCD
Gibson Les paul - Cherry sunburst, 30W Marshall amp.

i7 Build:
CPU - Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz 8MB LGA1366
Motherboard - ASUS P6X58D PREMIUM ATX (USB 3.0, Sata3, built in OS, definitely a "next-gen" mobo)
Graphics - 1x Gigabyte Nvidia GTX275
Ram - Corsair TW3X4G1333C9A 6GB (3x XMS3 2GB) PC-10600 (1333MHz)... DDR3 RAM 2x240-pin DIMMs
Optical drive - Samsung SH-B083A Blu-ray DVD Combo Drive
Case - Cooler Master HAF 922 High Air Flow black case
Psupply - Thermaltake Evo Blue 750W Power Supply
HDD's - WD Green 2TB SATA 7200RPM 32MB + WD Green 1.5TB + WD 750GB.
Heatsink - Prolimatech Mega Shadow Heatsink

Farm:
2x Domain controllers (Win Server 2008)
Citrix Access gateway, Hardware VPN solution.
Citrix farm containing 3x XenApp servers and 1x Citrix Web interface box.
1x Generic linux web hosting \ .php
1x Generic microsoft web hosting \ asp.net in C# essentially set up as Full VPS.
2x HP Prolient's which are just file and application servers, also win server 2008.
3x UPS - Uninterrupted power supplies, for temporary power during outages.

~ Programmers \ Developers \ Networkers \ Geeks ~
Always ready for battle!

originaljulz

Jee-sus.
Are you looking for a son? Adopt me?
Peppy street-kid who you take in after my parents tragically die in the war, who you treat like a younger brother, because your real brother was killed in the war too? Take me in?

Anything to let me at that set up.

Quote from: Skullator on December 23, 2010, 02:03:08 AM
Nice! There's no way that guys little sister could be that cute though.

I see what you did thar.

P.S. Who did all the art on your PS3s, etc. I fucking love abstract circles and lines 'n shit.

Skullator

The white one is just how it was bought, some limited edition release which hit with FFXIII release date in Japan.
The other one was black fat PS3 look by default, all I did was buy one of these nice skin\ label things from some custom console modding website I think, same thing with the wii skin.
It's like this special kind of label \ sticker which is actually quite durable and armoring and goes on \ stays on really well. Also peels off without leaving that sticky residue.
Recommend only if you care about the look or resale condition lol, they are pretty cheap and you can find some options on trade me sometimes.

Too young to adopt but if you're ever in Tauranga by all means hit it up lol.

originaljulz

Either way, your set up is fucking sick.

Maybe if I spent all the collective money from my like, 8+ hobbies into one, ie my computer and gaming shit, I might be able to get something like that. But oh well. I like all the other stuff too much. Like 40k and shooting friends with airsoft rifles lol.

Tauranga is kinda near Whangamata right? Excuse my geographical knowledge of anywhere that isn't Auckland lol. I suppose if I lived there I'd prob spend all my money on my computer and gaming and shizz too..

I wish I could be like Shirou from Fate, and be like Trace, ON! And just make carbon copies of all that lol. Because I want iiittt. Waaaaant.

Skullator

Thanks. Yeah it's easier to blow money when you actually live near a good CBD I find lol.
Geeking is OK but there are better things in life to most people haha. Gotta be careful the mancave doesn't get too epic or it gets hard to ever leave lol.

Whangamata is quite close, you just take a different turn off in Waihi and follow it for the final 30 minutes drive or so.
2 Hours south east of Great south road.
1 Hour east of Hamilton.
Tauranga's really nice this time of year, especially with young people actually here during the uni holidays.. it sucks during simesters as it's not really a student city at all with no proper university.

originaljulz

On leaving the man cave, I thought the exact same thing. I would never be able to leave that, and I'd never get anything proactive done in there. I find it hard enough to leave my computer. I'm on it like, 18 hours of the day lol.

Quote from: Skullator on December 23, 2010, 03:22:39 AM
Geeking is OK but there are better things in life to most people haha.

Like what? Cars? Partying? Nothing wrong with spending all your money on geeky shit, IMO.

Quote from: Skullator on December 23, 2010, 03:22:39 AM
Tauranga's really nice this time of year, especially with young people actually here during the uni holidays..

That sounds like such an old person thing to say. But I see your point. I couldn't handle not having any young people around. Which is why if I lived there, I'd have a mean set up lol. My connection to the outside world.

But lets try to steer this back towards all things anime. I assume you watch a lot then? Any recent shows that you'd recommend?

Recently I've watched/in the middle of watching:
Ookami-san
Amagami SS
Asobi Ni Iku Yo
Bakuman
High School of the Dead
Ore No Imouto ga konna ni kawaii wake ga nai
Otome Yokai Zakuro
and one of my new favs: Seitokai Yakuindomo.

Finished off a few which I never got round to, including quite a few oldies. Like Aria, Airgear, the Haruhi rebroadcast (what the fucking fuck was up with the Endless Eight?), Monster, Durarara, School Rumble, Hikaru No Go. As well as a whole load of others.

Skullator

It's easy to be proactive on your PC! Just gotta have the passion and the desire to focus on it instead of a game all the time :P Coding ended up being my buzz.
You can try do both too.. but I always found it's very hard if you also have to work and your job is unrelated to your study\goals. There was never enough hours in the day for me to balance work+study+gaming haha.
And thats EXCLUDING a regular social life altogether, good times haha.

TL;DR mancaves are good.
Better go sleep, last day of work is today and I start at 8 lol.

Edit: Saw your edit just after I clicked post lol-
I don't really enjoy very much current anime at all due to the moeblob explosion as of recent, not to say I always dislike that style of show.. but the ones which are brainless and lack plot \ good characters but contain fanservice for the sake of fanservice are often not worth the 20 minutes for me.
From this season though I found Ore No Imouto to be enjoyable due to the characters being interesting.

Here is my archive.. I try not to archive anything I don't enjoy, so I would recommend it all to a degree. I appreciate my taste is pretty niche though lol.
If you liked Amagami, you will like Kimi ni Todoke. It's way funnier and same style. Second season is landing next anime season too, so it's someting to look forward to which I find is always nice with animu.. being current and doing it weekly rather than as a batch that is.

g'nite, and yea endless 8 was especially bad when you waited each week for the new addition.... LOL. Kadokawa = viral..

originaljulz

Our tastes are pretty similar lol. I've seen/wanted to watch a lot of those on the list. Cept maybe I'm a bit less niche in that I'll watch anything. Not so much love for the Mahou Shoujo though maybe. Lol >o<

I get what you mean about plot lacking and fan service for the sake of fan service though. That's like, Tenjou Tenge (spelling?) in a nutshell. I hate that anime.

You like Ore No Imouto? Lol I think it's ok. I like the animation and the quality. Storyline is ok, but I can't dig the sister love thing. I'm pretty sure most brothers with little sisters can't appreciate these kinda stories as much. Or maybe they do? I don't have a sister complex so I can't say. And maybe verging a bit too much on loli for me. On second thought, I see the appeal. Maybe I should flick Mason a flashdrive with them on it lolz... Also Tsundere characters just exhaust me. More than super genki Haruhi ever did.

I did the wait weekly thing for Bleach and Naruto back in the days. I dunno, I don't really like it as much lol. Prob why I usually like watching it in batches. So either the whole thing after its out, or if its older, then the boxed DVD sets. That, and I don't really have time when it's not holidays. What, with work, study and all my other hobbies.

HoTD wouldn't normally be my kinda anime, but it's one of my favs purely cos of the ZOOOMMMMBIEZZZ.

G'niiiiiiiiight.

P.S I dunno if my watching the endless eight in a marathon (started at 2am-ish) is worse, or waiting weekly. Mine is a good 4ish hours of the same 20 minutes over and over again, but your way spreads over 8-9 weeks. But that also lessons the pain.