• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

All things Anime

Started by Barnstorm, September 21, 2009, 03:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullator

Haha, when you waited 3 years clutching at kadokawa's constant viral "LOL-ITROLLU" straws... then get a second seasons confirmed 9 episodes into an un-hyped rebroadcast...
Every single repeat of an endless eight episode.. which was completely re-drawn... and re-voiced... meant 1 less potential fave novel to be animated in the mysterious 28 episode run.
Some people were thrilled when they found out e8 would be a two parter!!! OMG it's 3 parts? crazy but effective! Wtf it's going to be 4 parts?

And did you know that after the 6th conseq. week of broadcasts.. one of the first channels to air the show immediately aired an apology message from kadokawa - "We are sorry, the wrong episode of haruhi was aired this week, what you saw was actually one week ahead of intended scheduled content!"
That's a godlike troll, but you really shouldn't troll your fanbase that hard imo lol.

Every new ep felt like a knife in the back to the hardcore fans haha, personally I actually somewhat enjoyed it all and look forward to re-watching it as a batch in delicious 1080p thanks to last months BD batch release. But it was disappointing to find out that besides bamboo leaf rhapsody, only boring\insignificant novel chapters would be coming to life.
Thanks to the films sucess tho, we will no doubt see season 3 and the final novel series possibly come to its closure finally.

And as for tsun, man kugimiya rie is my FAVE. Best not be bad mouthing that shit around me yo!
Shana-Nagi-Lousie~TORADORABLE! <3 kekekeke.

geneterror

Thomas, give me half the stuff on your HDD please ;D.

Does most of it have subs? I hate overdubs but know very little Japanese.
KOW 2011

Skullator

Quote from: geneterror on December 23, 2010, 08:44:36 AM
Thomas, give me half the stuff on your HDD please ;D.

Does most of it have subs? I hate overdubs but know very little Japanese.

Wherever possible, japanese audio english subtitles.
I only archive the BEST release possible yo!

Yeahhhh sure.. problem is though I don't lug my desktop around and it has over 4TB in it haha.. my biggest external is 500GB + laptop storage of 320GB, so if there's anime\stuff you actually want single it out and I'll bring it to an event or whatever.

Got like 1TB movies (couple 720-1080 .mkv, majority standard xvid .avi)
250GB of lossy .mp3, 50-100GB of lossless wav\.flac,
150GB apps \ installers.
Some tv series etc. etc.
+ The 850GB of animu.

can do .txt's if you want to see some dir's of any of that shit.

geneterror

I'm really keen to see Elfen Lied if you have it?

Checking that screenshot, keen to grab:
Chobits
Claymore (only seen a bit but liked it)
One Piece (by the time I discovered it I was WAY to far behind to start getting them)
Samurai Champloo (Suzannah and I loved this, keen to watch it all again!)
Valkyria Chronicles

Probably keen to grab more but we don't really get a lot of spare to watch anime so even just the stuff I posted would last us months. Keen for anything like Soul Eater though!
Will talk to you at the next meetup bro. Happy to give you some stuff in return but I think you have most of what I have already. Have you seen the movie Aachi and Ssipak?
KOW 2011

Skullator

I'd love the movies if you can recommend them =)

I'll bring all you requested up for next time.

geneterror

I'll just chuck whatever I recovered off my dead HDD onto mt 1TB external before the next event and you can have a look. Aachi and Ssipak is Korean, it makes a refreshing change from traditional Japanese anime.
You are awesome bro, thanks heaps!
KOW 2011

Skullator

samurai black

Quote from: geneterror on December 23, 2010, 10:08:50 AMAachi and Ssipak is Korean, it makes a refreshing change from traditional Japanese anime.

aachi and ssipak is sick :D

glad i have it on DVD

LN

There is no knowledge that is not power

originaljulz

Lol I didn't like the art to Claymore. Meh.

Dude, Samurai Champloo is one of my favourite animes. My friend was all like it set out to do the same thing as Cowboy Bebop blah blah (you know, music inspired anime etc) and I'm like -__-

Ninja Edit: Sorry that sentence up there should read "Dude, Samurai Champloo is one of my favourite animes. My friend was all like it set out to do the same thing as Cowboy Bebop blah blah but it failed and isn't as good blah blah blah."

The soundtrack Champloo is fuuuuuuucking epic. I card flourish to that shit.

Most of your want list is also on my 'need to watch list' but I can give you Samurai Champloo if you like.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Barnstorm

Quote from: originaljulz on December 23, 2010, 11:42:56 PM

The soundtrack Champloo is fuuuuuuucking epic. I card flourish to that shit.

Can you elaborate on this

Also to stay on topic I thought elfen lied started well and just fucked itself over for a lame end
  although i read that the manga and anime are completely different in the end

Eddy_COMBO

I'm not a big anime fan but Ive just recently watched and finished Wolf's Rain and Trigun and thought they were awesome. If anyone could recommend anime that is similar to those two that would be sweet as.

Also don't mention Bleach or Naruto I gave up on that shit. They're seriously dragging those two shows on....
PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

originaljulz

Quote from: Barnstorm on December 24, 2010, 01:29:05 AM
Can you elaborate on this

Card magic's lesser known, yet cooler cousin. All about hand dexterity, muscle memory. Harder than magic too. Once you get the pinky breaks, false cuts, false shuffles, and forcing cards down, you have the B&Bs for magic. For flourishing, every trick is so insanely different, you need to become a student to learn that shit. Which is why I never progressed to this pro a level. I have too many hobbies. And too many of those hobbies need to be like, a persons main hobby to be any good :/

Another reason is you go through cards so fast, and they're not cheap for decent flourishing cards.

Oh, and this is my fav song from the Sam Champ soundtrack, and it's one of the ones I used to like flourishing to. Sitting there with my friend playing with cards during uni breaks while listening to this kinda stuff is priceless.

HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

electric

Agreed with Samurai Champloo's beast music status

"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Nick4now

I love the soundtrack to Samurai Champloo! Nujabes is one of my all time favourite Hip-Hop Producers! I was seriously saddened when I heard that he died earlier this year  :'(

Also, from the soundtrack Aruarian Dance is my favourite track too  ;D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion