• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

All things Anime

Started by Barnstorm, September 21, 2009, 03:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

How dare you mock OHSHC Julian. I got it in a shitstorm of stuff in a lan and didn't know what it was, watched like 2 episodes and it was wtf is this shit. Watched more and it was WTF THIS SHIT IT AWESOME. So yeah. And damn Thomas I didn't know you had such an awesome setup. Gimme some of your anime. I did dl K-ON like you recommended lol. Haven't watched it yet though as the player on my itouch doesn't really support mkv well. And ewww I don't want that brother and sister shit. I got a little sister, what kinda person do you think I am  :D

Barnstorm

Quote from: originaljulz on December 24, 2010, 04:41:39 AM
Card magic's lesser known, yet cooler cousin. All about hand dexterity, muscle memory. Harder than magic too. Once you get the pinky breaks, false cuts, false shuffles, and forcing cards down, you have the B&Bs for magic. For flourishing, every trick is so insanely different, you need to become a student to learn that shit. Which is why I never progressed to this pro a level. I have too many hobbies. And too many of those hobbies need to be like, a persons main hobby to be any good :/

This is what I thought you meant
I used to rock out with cards knew quite a few card tricks and i really like colour changes

And i definitely fit into the same category as you way to many hobbies not enough time

Also can anyone recommend some good shows I really liked naruto and bleach b4 fillers maybe a top 5 list might get champloo though if its really good

samurai black

Quote from: Eddy_COMBO on December 24, 2010, 03:08:11 AM
I'm not a big anime fan but Ive just recently watched and finished Wolf's Rain and Trigun and thought they were awesome. If anyone could recommend anime that is similar to those two that would be sweet as.

havent seen wolfs rain, but i thought trigun was shit. everytime vash cried it made me want to throw the remote through the tv.

and vash cries in like every fucking episode.

Lennysaurus

Yah Champloo is real good.  Um, I liked Afro Samurai, but I don't think that it's an anime.

I really enjoyed watching Eyeshield 21.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

geneterror

Samurai Champloo is awesome. Highly recommended.
Soul Eater! Really funny, particularly the Excalibur character ;D
Deathnote is really good but it's a bit more serious.
KOW 2011

samurai black

fuck, watch some cowboy bebop. always good.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: geneterror on December 24, 2010, 11:14:29 AM
Soul Eater! Really funny, particularly the Excalibur character ;D

Oh man, I tried sooo hard to watch this as everyone I have spoken to rave on about it.  But I cant.  I make it to the episode where they are in that Pyriamid and I just can't get any further.

Deathnote starts off well, but they should have ended it far sooner.

LN

Quote from: Ngati Kahungunu Champ on December 24, 2010, 11:20:32 AM
Deathnote starts off well, but they should have ended it far sooner.

Ugh, this was about as bad as Prison Break for that. I only read the manga, which I thought was awesome, and then roughly when the 2nd death note chick comes along it turned to shit.
There is no knowledge that is not power

Lennysaurus

Quote from: LN on December 24, 2010, 12:05:44 PM
Ugh, this was about as bad as Prison Break for that. I only read the manga, which I thought was awesome, and then roughly when the 2nd death note chick comes along it turned to shit.

Haha yeah man.  I reckon the only thing that could top them both is Heroes!

Um.  I've watched a ton of anime, but can't remember the names.  I don't watch that girly shit though.  If there isn't fighting or gun in it, then it can fuck off.  Tried watching that shit with the guy that bakes bread, not my deal.  Kept waiting for a fight to break out.

If you like the homo anime stuff, apparently Onegai Teacher is decent.  Kingpiccolo used to watch it.

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Nick4now

I got my PSN handle off Death Note  ;D But if you're into Death Note you should cheack out Code Geass. It starts off a little slow but in the end it's a real mind fuck haha Probably my favourite anime (along with FMA: BH) in recent years.

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

Lennysaurus

Nah, the robots have to fight.

If you have a robot that isn't fighting, then what's the point?

To summarise:
Robot+no fight=BAD
Robot+fight=GOOD

electric

If there is anything as ungodly as robots that DON'T fight, then this planet isn't worth living on IMO
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

originaljulz

Oh my god Lenny, you didn't like Yakitate? What isn't to like about a kid trying to find an epic bread that Japan can call it's own?

That sounds really sarcastic in my head, but it's not lol.

Fuuuuck I've watched quite a bit of anime but I can never remember what I've seen when people ask for recommendations. Two recentish ones that I would tell you to see is Durarara and Baccano. So well made, good stories, always good characters. 

Oh and Mason, I wasn't reeeaaally making fun of Ouran Host Club. I've watched it too lol. Like, I really do watch everything and typically enjoy it all. I say I like your little magic girls the least, but I still watched Cardcaptors and enjoyed it back in the day lol. Wasn't Sakura's brother's best friend named Julian? And wasn't he like, the moon spirit thing and a total badass? Fuck yeah.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

B BOY DRAW2

3 words....

Samurai Pizza Cats
8)
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.