• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

All things Anime

Started by Barnstorm, September 21, 2009, 03:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

Yeah his name was Julian in the english dub which is like 100x worse than the Japanese version. They cut half the episodes in the english dub and made half the series flashbacks and cut out most of the relationships like her best friend tomoyo who was a raging lesbian for sakura. I had no idea til I watched the japanese version this year. Now I try to avoid dubs whenever possible. Beyblade dub even had some editing. I think one of the characters died but they didn't show it kind of mildly implied it.

Also want to find pokemon in japanese with subs, season 9+. Cause they replaced every single VA in season 9 and I can't stand it at all. Ash just sounds aweful and so do team rocket. But I wanna watch this shit cause it's pokemon.

originaljulz

Watching through Durarara!! again.

Definately one of my favourites. It's not even full of action and stuff. If anything it's more like a Drama. But man it's interesting.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

originaljulz

And Seitokai Yakuindomo is probably one of my new top 5 fav animes of all time. SO funny. Watched through it all again, because I enjoyed it that much.

Nick4now

Just recently got into KHR. At first I thought it was a little boring. No char development, story not even moving foward and basically a lot of the first few eps felt like fillers. Took like 20 something episodes to get interesting but now I'm actually enjoying it.

Glad I didn't give up on KHR  :D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

LN

Reading through Tenjho Tenge on my kindle. I guess it's kind of interesting.
There is no knowledge that is not power

originaljulz

I didn't like the Tenjho Tenge anime. The storyline annoyed me, hated the character designs. I hate that it's all about T&A and shitty fight scenes.

Nick4now

I remember being annoyed with all the flashbacks. It took up like over half of the anime series and when the flashback was finally over the anime was over too. The story was only just beginning too  :-\

Still pretty hyped for the new Berserk anime though. I hope it starts from the beginning again (like FMA:BH) since the first anime skipped some key points of the manga.

LN

Yeah I don't really watch anime because generally it's just a shit version of the manga that you can't get through at your own pace.
There is no knowledge that is not power

stereomonkey

Quote from: Nick4now on January 08, 2011, 07:42:06 PM
Still pretty hyped for the new Berserk anime though. I hope it starts from the beginning again (like FMA:BH) since the first anime skipped some key points of the manga.

Oooooh!  I'm keen to watch Berserk.  Didn't even know they were doing a remake so cannot wait.

Also, can some one recommend to me something to watch that doesn't involve high school with romance complexes.  Looking for something that is either a thriller/action/suspense anime?
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

originaljulz

Ooh watch Monster.

A little old now, but man the story was good. I thought so, anyway.
It's pretty much exactly what you're asking for too.

Lol I'm always like, man I like watching all kinds of anime etc. It's better to have a wide range etc etc.

But my top 3 anime are all high school settings lol. (Azumanga Daioh, Haruhi Suzumiya, and Seitokai Yakuindomo.)

massi4h

Yay Haruhi Suzumiya is awesome. But Stu you should watch Gakuen Alice, it's awesome. They;re not in high school yet lol.

originaljulz

Quote from: massi4h on January 08, 2011, 08:56:20 PM
you should watch Gakuen Alice, it's awesome.

"Wow, what is that, some sort of mature anime? You surprise me Mason."

They;re not in high school yet lol.

"...lol. Mason."

Nick4now

Quote from: stereomonkey on January 08, 2011, 08:17:36 PM
Oooooh!  I'm keen to watch Berserk.  Didn't even know they were doing a remake so cannot wait.

Also, can some one recommend to me something to watch that doesn't involve high school with romance complexes.  Looking for something that is either a thriller/action/suspense anime?

I've said it before and I'll say it again because it's that awesome. Watch Code Geass! It's kinda like Death Note but better lol

Oh and you'll find some Berserk trailers around in this thread somewhere. Or it might be in the "Superheroes Animation or juicy / awesome artwork ??!! Anyone" thread lol It's probably easier just to youtube it lol

Skullator

Yay Haruhi Suzumiya is awesome. But Stu you should watch Gakuen Alice, it's awesome. They;re not in high school yet lol.

What order you watching it in?
What viewing order you watching in? That shit must be confusing as fuck to jump into late with all 28 eps available lol.

Broadcast order does not equal DVD order
Broadcast order does not equal chronological ordering of events (It was televised out of order or anachronologically)
Broadcast order has 2 part episodes which do get interrupted without any explanation by other eps which make literally no sence in between (Frustrating \ confusing when you have to wait a week lol)
DVD order does not equal order eps were aired in, company wouldn't allow them to sell DVD's in such a confusing anachronological format lol.

Through it all tho, I still recommend the shit out of broadcast order. It's a very unique show which unfortunately got a very "Iffy" second season.
Season 1 was (and still is) the most thought provoking anime I had ever seen.

Also a series of light novels, which are still being released. (Novel 10 to come after several years delay)
Doubles as my all time fave, till death bro.

massi4h

I watched series 1 in Kyon order was kinda wtf but then yeah I got it. Then somehow there's a season 2 but I think it may be based before whatever. I'm watching the endless 8 or whatever, they did the same thing 3 episodes in a row so now I'm too scared to watch the next few (as I assume it may be 8 of the same bloody episode). So I've been finishing off xxxholic and watching a bit of FMA atm.