• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

All things Anime

Started by Barnstorm, September 21, 2009, 03:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karizzma

Why was there never a zoid game?

Nick4now

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

There is for arcades in japan. You sit in a cockpit and everything
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Zoids, was a big fan of the show.  Lucky to have them on hard drive.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

samurai black

hey, just noticed nicks avatar.

tried watching the anime its from, its so stink. tried watching some of the more badass fights, nope they were bolo too :(

Nick4now

Yeah I actually wouldn't recommend this to anyone lol Especially to the one's who are impatient because it takes soooo long for the story to progress and when it finally does 5 eps later it stops again... It's pretty much an anime with A LOT of fillers.

BUT He's my Avatar because I actually like the character lol

massi4h

That's right I have zoids I should watch it again. It was definitely one of the best shows around when I was young. Every season had like kinda the same zoid but slightly different and all the series were awesome.

Started watching Shinzo again (really enjoyed that when I was young) but atm it seems kinda dated.

Filter

Has anyone seen Kaiba?
It's by Masaaki Yuasa http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1482702/ who also directed the Kemonozume and the movie Mind Game.
Kaiba has a really clever storyline and trippy, fluid animation. One of the best things I've seen in years.

samurai black

Quote from: Nick4now on January 25, 2011, 12:24:30 AM
Yeah I actually wouldn't recommend this to anyone lol Especially to the one's who are impatient because it takes soooo long for the story to progress and when it finally does 5 eps later it stops again... It's pretty much an anime with A LOT of fillers.

oh bro, sounds even worse than the manga. that took like 60 chapters to get anywhere :/

youd think a fighting shounen about the mafia and people with flame powers would be more awesome.

originaljulz

Holy shit, Shinzo. Is that the one where there's those three guys, and the main one has fire powers, the kinda girly dude has water powers and the lion dude has lightning powers? Or was it earth... Is that the one? That one was the shit. You should give me Zoids and Shinzo next time we're both at ranbats or something Mason
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

massi4h

Yeah man that's the one. Then when they defeat the enemies they turn into cards and then you can suck them in and transform with their power. Only got both in English cause apparently Japanese Shinzo is like impossible to find. I think I'll watch Medabots as well, that was awesome when I was a kid.

But yeah I won't be at the first ranbats but I should be able to make the rest.

Nick4now

Quote from: samurai black on January 25, 2011, 11:11:06 AM
youd think a fighting shounen about the mafia and people with flame powers would be more awesome.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Mafia > Ninjas, Pirates, Shinigami/Samurais and Mages. Too bad it ended up being KHR < Naruto, One Piece, Bleach and Fairy Tail  :-[

Hahaha @Shinzo. A few days ago I remembered that Anime but I couldn't remember the name of it and it was fucking annoying the hell outta me. Shot Mason, I can finally rest easy  ;D

stereomonkey

I need some Manga.  Tell me you fanboys what should I give a read?

Currently reading Hellsing and Air Gear.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Filter

Quote from: stereomonkey on January 25, 2011, 10:36:09 PM
I need some Manga.  Tell me you fanboys what should I give a read?

Currently reading Hellsing and Air Gear.

I've been reading stuff by Junji Ito.

Gyo is the longest one of his that I've read and it's fuckin great http://www.onemanga.com/Gyo/

Try one of his short stories first maybe and see if you like it. this one is a little weird and unsettling
the enigma of amigara fault
http://brasscockroach.com/h4ll0w33n2007/manga/Amigara-Full/Amigara.html

Shintaro kago is my favourite tho.
his stuff is pretty heavy.

this one called Labyrinth is good.
http://samehat.blogspot.com/2007/12/labyrinth-by-shintaro-kago.html

NSFW tho

samurai black

i started reading gyo. that shit is weird.