• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

All things Anime

Started by Barnstorm, September 21, 2009, 03:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

originaljulz

Hooo-ee I've seen some of that stuff. It's so fucking weird. Too weird for my tastes lol.

Stereomonkey, have you read Dogs? That's a good one. One of the main characters is awesome. He's this like, usually docile journalist kinda guy (who looks badass with an eyepatch though) who goes crazy and awesome when he hasn't had a cigarette.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Filter

I just read this one 'My dear ancestors', it's the freakiest one I've found so far.
it's fucked up.
http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Itou-Junji-Kyoufu-Manga-Collection/unknown/4.5/1

samurai black

any of you kungs watching DBZ kai?

i heard they streamlined the fuck outta it, so all the filler is gone and the planet namek saga isnt stupid long anymore.

Barnstorm

Yeah i have been watching it
They have cut massive amounts of crap out of it which is good

They are already up to the cell games at episode 90 compared to 150 in the original

Filter

Quote from: samurai black on February 03, 2011, 12:25:10 PM
any of you kungs watching DBZ kai?

i heard they streamlined the fuck outta it, so all the filler is gone and the planet namek saga isnt stupid long anymore.

Yeah I've been watching it since it came out.
It's so good now. It's gone from 300 episodes down to 100, and it flows really quickly with good stuff happening every episode. I think by like episode 30, Frieza is dead. Big difference from the torture of the version that used to be repeated over and over on TV3.

Nick4now

Fucking aye. I remember Frieza telling Goku that Planet Namek is going to explode in 5 minutes but that took like at least 5 eps to actually happen. Dragged on waaaaaaaaaaay too long  >:(

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

massi4h

Not watching it but vegeta says it's over 8000...  ??? ??? ???

I've got all of GT and I think DB, I watched the last 10 episodes recently for nostalgia and omg it was the same damn fight every episode. Good times.

Also I think I'll watch this lol though cbf watching the other 7 or so series:

originaljulz

Lol Mason what the fuck is that

Barnstorm

Just finished Soul Eater

It was ok seemed very anticlimactic

stereomonkey

Just finished ready Monster and am happy to have read it.  I had the whole anime series as well but I probably would have rather watched a dub version of it instead.

Anyone can recommend something else similar to Monster?
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

originaljulz

Monster is awesome man :O

stereomonkey

YES IT IS!  Finished reading Another Monster as well.

I tried to watch some of the anime but because I started reading it I have them in my head as if they were german speaking and not Japanese. 

massi4h

I tried watching the new xmen anime with my dad. We start watching and they start speaking Japanese. It just felt way too awkward. Characters weren't really acting like we're used to as well. Wolverine wasn't very awesome. Plot was kinda crap, so we dropped it. Anyone else watching it, or watched the Wolverine and Iron Man ones?

originaljulz

But it loses its meaning when it's translated out of japanese

stereomonkey

I'm shocked you tried to watch them at all tbh.  They look like poo and I just seem plain silly.