• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Started by Gino, October 01, 2009, 08:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

originaljulz

Timezone under BK just got a Blazblue: CS machine today. And it's pretty legit. I played as soon as I helped set up the machine lol. Gangster.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Oh true. Ill have to come check it out.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

gunsmoke

LOl..i tried at TIme Zone today...The link combo of Bang much easier than the 1st version....Donno whats the different ....with the previous one ...but seems good.. :P
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

ErlKing2

anyone think the bottons are worse than those machine beside bbcs.......

originaljulz

Quote from: ErlKing2 on August 27, 2010, 09:39:11 PM
anyone think the bottons are worse than those machine beside bbcs.......

This is you:

luckytintinnz

Oh Shi- :(

I wanna go to Auckland now for BBCS :-\

Anyway, here are some official news:

1. Valkenhayn's DLC release date is late september
2. BB Continuum Shift II announced for Japanese Arcade, location test on September 9-11th. Valkenhayn playable.
OSU!!!

originaljulz

Lennysaurus

Arc Systems seem to love doing this.

It seems like they're gonna start releasing many iterations of each game.  In just a few years they released like 4 or 5 different versions of GG:XX.

Be interesting to know what thier strategy is with this.  Especially when you consider that the arcades are dying atm, and its expensive to get these big machines.  Now when BB:CS hasn't even hit consoles with a worldwide release, theyre anouncing BB:CS2.

In general actually now that I think about it they have a pretty weird release schedule in general.  Like BB:CT for PC only being released like 2 or 3 months after the newest game BB:CS has dropped on console in some places.

Also, man it's hard executing stuff on BB and GG.  Especially the damn supers.  Makes me cry myself to sleep at night.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

originaljulz

No way lol they're simpler than SF I reckon. Good ol' 'half turn back, forward, [something] button.' And double quarter turns, too. Like, I just started playing SF4 a week or so ago, and wtf is up with stuff like, Akuma's ultra? That's some technical sciencey shit.

But you're right about the whole multiple release thing. Gets a bit tedious I suppose.

luckytintinnz

BB:CS II will probably be arcade only. Don't forget that the current arcade version doesn't have Mu, Makoto, Valkenhayn and Platinum (+ stages and themes for those characters). All those 4 characters + balance patch = BBCSII. Console versions get them via DLCs. That's probably why it's still BBCS.

It's not that bad compare to GG, hopefully it won't end up like GG though :-\
OSU!!!

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

luckytintinnz

Nah, dead lol :P

Yea, GG is good but there are too many iterations.

GG -> GG X -> GG X Plus -> GGXX -> GGXX Reload -> GGXX Slash -> GGXX AC -> GGXX AC Plus (GG Isuka is in there somewhere).
OSU!!!

fluxcore

Yeah, but there are only 2 worth playing so it's actually not that bad.

But I guess there's only 1 BB worth playing too...

All I can say is the release schedule really doesn't make me want to run tournaments down here for BB, since by the time we actually get a release, the new game is already out. This happened for GG too and it's absolutely frustrating.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

maelgrim

My understanding is that BB:CS2 is as luckytintinnz said and that is purely to bring the arcade in line with the console version and all its DLC.
So if thats the case then I don't think its to much to worry about as BB3 has not been announced.

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?