• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Started by Gino, October 01, 2009, 08:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squares

What the hell? I just got back from Japan and didn't see the CS II announcement while I was over there...
Nyaaaa

originaljulz

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on October 12, 2010, 12:17:54 AM
Keep in mind that they made 3C a launcher. So you might find his combo is roughly the same, but minus the 214D-C bit. Course i could be wrong.

If you watch that Platina play video that got linked up there, you see that they can tech straight away and the 214D~C just doesn't hit any more. Poor guy using Hazama just started using Jabaki by the end.

Apparently 214D~B is supposed to be used instead, but thats fucking balls because you can't jump cancel  into jCxN from the B version. It'd have to be straight into 4D into the jCxN x2 but that still leaves his main BnB with 1 less set of jCxN.

Fuck that.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

HoneyBadger

Quote from: Squares on October 12, 2010, 12:37:30 AM
What the hell? I just got back from Japan and didn't see the CS II announcement while I was over there...

wb niggaaaaaaaaa
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Squares

Thank you thank you, good to be back.

I didn't play any BlazBlue while I was in Japan. Ended up buying a Candy Cab and some Cave PCB's instead. Also played a lot of SSFIV, I'm still ass at that game, but it was fun playing with the Japanese. Some really friendly players there.

I don't really mind that they are releasing so many iterations of BlazBlue, they did it with Guilty Gear and it worked really well for them. Accent Core had good grounding and it still does to this day, similar to MvC2. And in the concept of releasing small updates frequently works quite well in Japan. People jump on this stuff so fast.
Nyaaaa

Squares

I was just reading Dustloop, a thread about Throw Reject Misses. I've not played BlazBlue: Continuum Shift online yet; my internet is fucked.
But is this viable online against somebody with decent ping?
Nyaaaa

ErlKing2

Quote from: Squares on November 16, 2010, 06:53:25 AM
I was just reading Dustloop, a thread about Throw Reject Misses. I've not played BlazBlue: Continuum Shift online yet; my internet is fucked.
But is this viable online against somebody with decent ping?
you only get that thing if you press throw button before your opponent acutally throws you

ErlKing2

BlazBlue Continuum Shift 2 PV
http://ch.nicovideo.jp/channel/ch93

© ARC SYSTEM WORKS ※不許可転載 ※転載とぺã,ãºã,ã¯ç¦æ­¢ã ãžï¼
All rights reserved and peropero(slurp) is forbidden

lol

and for youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9c19-lXO1A

originaljulz

That song is sung by Tsubaki's VA. Pretty cool.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Squares

Neat PV. Wonder how much this update will cost, alolol.
Nyaaaa

Squares

I've picked my last straw with using my Playstation 3 controller for BlazBlue. There is just no way I can execute fast enough on the d-pad and hit the correct buttons quickly enough to make proper use of the systems in BlazBlue.

If anyone has a spare joystick they could lend me, that would be sweet. Just so I can get use to one before I spend the money on a good one.

Lastly, if anyone wants to meet up and get some training in I'm more than keen, not sure why but I'm just really enjoying Continuum Shift; it being a lot more fun in general compared to Calamity Trigger. And by that I mean everything flows better, from gatling to the way the individual characters work.
Nyaaaa

HoneyBadger

If you have a converter I have a ps2 namco you can borrow
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Squares

Gaawd, there is some tight framing involved in some of the characters combos.
I also haven't gotten the hang of keeping combos going that involve the super jump... It's hard to get out.

Any ideas for practicing that one? I tried some challenges but my combo falls short as soon as the jump is needed
Nyaaaa

LN

Make sure you go to neutral on the stick BEFORE doing the super jump.
There is no knowledge that is not power

Squares

Quote from: LN on November 25, 2010, 09:43:50 PM
Make sure you go to neutral on the stick BEFORE doing the super jump.

Ah.. that simple eh'
It's working fine now, haha.. Thanks!
Nyaaaa

Mr. Justice

Quote from: originaljulz on October 11, 2010, 01:43:14 AM

OH MY FUCKING CHRIST, WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO HAZAMA!?

WHAT. THE. FUCK!?

Take away a man's 5B, 3C, 214D~C and you leave him with NOTHING.

While I couldn't help myself feeling exactly like this while reading the Loke test changes, they have buffed him in certain (albiet strange) areas - 1.8k throw? Seriously weird.

I'm taking a wait and see approach, but it does seem worryingly bleak for our favourite fedora wearing maverik...
j.C x N