• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Started by Gino, October 01, 2009, 08:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

originaljulz

I'll let you know as soon as I get my own lol >,<

Should be soon lolz
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: originaljulz on December 19, 2010, 01:11:48 AM
I'll let you know as soon as I get my own lol >,<

Should be soon lolz

Oh kk sweet mane.

Hey is console CS and arcade CS different versions? Trying to find some good vids, but don't know if i'm watching different version than of what i own.

LOL Alan. Simple guide and it's all this fucking frame data hahaha.

Yer when do you use the barrier? Cos it push back ay. How you suppose to punish their move if they pushed back? I'm lost as.

Had some games online.  It's the return of the wakeup ultra and full screen supers bahaha. Different game, same scrub strategy lol. My other mean strategy was using burst at the start of the round. Mint.

Ragnas got a wake up DP. i was like 'fucking different game, still get wake up dragoned rahhh'.

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

originaljulz

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on December 19, 2010, 02:51:25 AM
My other mean strategy was using burst at the start of the round. Mint.

That actually made me lol.

Barrier? Yeah use it to block anti air, and if you're using it to push away, you don't really do it to punish, but to escape pressure and block strings etc.

Atm, arcade mode and console mode should be similar enough so that combo videos and stuff will still be relevant.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Haha.

Oh kk. Mint.

Bro how do you get in on characters with long range pokes to start rushdown with Bang? I get poked out forever and i can't jump in or anyything. Can only get in if i use da 3 nails.

Another thing they should have for these types of games is DLC map packs. That would be cool.

And bro, Rachels butler is fucking broken az.

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Mr. Justice

Really awesome to see interest in BB, hope you continue to enjoy the game as you get deeper into it weazzyefff.

The link LN posted is really good, although I've only really paid attention to the system guide portion of it, frame data is still beyond me...

I'm not a Bang player so I can't really help, but his nails are one of his greatest tools for approaching, which is why being limited to 12... well  ;)

As Julz said most combos will be perfectly relevant, but CS2 is out in arcades in Japan, which may be coming to consoles, so just watch out for that.

Good luck!
j.C x N

LN

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on December 19, 2010, 03:42:59 AM
Bro how do you get in on characters with long range pokes to start rushdown with Bang? I get poked out forever and i can't jump in or anyything. Can only get in if i use da 3 nails.

Basically you have to use all the tools of the engine to get in. Instant air dashing, double jumping, dashing & barrier blocking etc to move around and fake out the opponent, block what they try to AA with, punish etc... the movement options are a lot more involved than Street Fighters, and that's partly why it's quite interesting. Much more like MvC2 movement.

I guess just watch a few vids and concentrate only on the movement they are using, to try to understand how they are doing it?

And bro, Rachels butler is fucking broken az.

In the scheme of things, he's actually not all that broken tbh. There are other chars that pretty much kill a char in 2 combos too, given the right setup. He is certainly pretty strong in this version though.

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on December 19, 2010, 02:51:25 AM
Had some games online.  It's the return of the wakeup ultra and full screen supers bahaha. Different game, same scrub strategy lol. My other mean strategy was using burst at the start of the round. Mint.

Ragnas got a wake up DP. i was like 'fucking different game, still get wake up dragoned rahhh'.

There are a couple of chars with inv dp (all I'm aware of atm are ragna, jin & makoto), but they are all so stupidly punishable that it SHOULDN'T be such an issue. Unless your opponents are scrubs, of course.

Most of the time full screen supers are pretty crap too, I think? There are only a couple of really good ones that I'm aware of.
There is no knowledge that is not power

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: LN on December 19, 2010, 09:54:18 AM
Basically you have to use all the tools of the engine to get in. Instant air dashing, double jumping, dashing & barrier blocking etc to move around and fake out the opponent, block what they try to AA with, punish etc... the movement options are a lot more involved than Street Fighters, and that's partly why it's quite interesting. Much more like MvC2 movement.

Ah yes. This will take some getting used to. I don't think i've even used a double jump lol.

Quote from: LN on December 19, 2010, 09:54:18 AM
There are a couple of chars with inv dp (all I'm aware of atm are ragna, jin & makoto), but they are all so stupidly punishable that it SHOULDN'T be such an issue. Unless your opponents are scrubs, of course.

Most of the time full screen supers are pretty crap too, I think? There are only a couple of really good ones that I'm aware of.
You mean unles i'm a scrub of course lol.

Yer i was just getting frustrated so started doing random supers all over the place.

Quote from: Mr. Justice on December 19, 2010, 07:24:46 AM
I'm not a Bang player so I can't really help, but his nails are one of his greatest tools for approaching, which is why being limited to 12... well  ;)

As Julz said most combos will be perfectly relevant, but CS2 is out in arcades in Japan, which may be coming to consoles, so just watch out for that.

Good luck!

Shot bro. Man people say Bang's easy to play. But his most damaging combo is freaking hard man. The one where you x x x x 623B d.j 4C, j 623B (that's the hard part) 2B, j B, 4C jc 4C, C (also a bit hard consistently).

Flash

gonna start getting into this game downloaded valk at 3am this mornin seems pretty cool. Dunno if i should get 360 version aswell??

****Up or i'll scratch yo face with my stubby little arms!

Skullator

Quote from: Flash on December 19, 2010, 02:39:20 PM
gonna start getting into this game downloaded valk at 3am this mornin seems pretty cool. Dunno if i should get 360 version aswell??

I picked up a 360 copy while in Oz and have a headset over there now, keen.
But yeah I've never played properly so will be going through the whole grass roots phase if I get involved lol.

Lennysaurus

Aw man.  I'm getting a little excited now.  Pick up my copy tonight.  Will likely play it in between queing up for Random BG's in Wow. 

Not sure if I wanna play harry Potter + Robot, or pick the Yellow coloured arakune and telling everyone that he is a mimi puddle.

Decisions decisions.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

ErlKing2

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on December 19, 2010, 03:42:59 AM

I see people in videos uses air shuriken special as a assist attack, and then dash in and poke with 2a or 5B while your opponent is gurading the shuriken.
i think bang's 5B can counter everything in this game, other than those skills with invulnerable frame...

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: ErlKing2 on December 19, 2010, 03:46:38 PM
I see people in videos uses air shuriken special as a assist attack, and then dash in and poke with 2a or 5B while your opponent is gurading the shuriken.
i think bang's 5B can counter everything in this game, other than those skills with invulnerable frame...

Yer that's why i don't wanna use the shuriken to get in but i want to use it with the mixup pressure game when i do get in.

Yer i tried that 5B was getting owned. I was like trade countering with some chars. Others i straight getting owned. I think his range is quite bad. Either that or i gota time it better or something.

Mr. Justice

Quote from: Ngati Kahungunu Champ on December 19, 2010, 03:17:47 PM
ot sure if I wanna play harry Potter + Robot, or pick the Yellow coloured arakune and telling everyone that he is a mimi puddle...

This here is descriptive poetry in motion.
j.C x N

Lennysaurus

lol just had a browse throught the artbook of the Limited Edition version.  So many of the pictures in it of the women involve peices of cloth just barely covering verjayjays and boobies.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] weazzyefff

LOL what a mint book.

Quote from: Ngati Kahungunu Champ on December 19, 2010, 03:17:47 PM
Not sure if I wanna play harry Potter + Robot, or pick the Yellow coloured arakune and telling everyone that he is a mimi puddle.
Decisions decisions.

Hahahahaha, what about the jizz colour.

Fuck i know why that Bang combo so hard now. I was doing it completely wrong. You don't even have to j. It auto jump with 6C. Haha, i was wondering why nobody else was having problem with this everywhere i looked.

Ok now Bang is easy to play lol.