• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

CPS3 emulation and CHDs

Started by CrazyMobius, October 14, 2009, 04:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Hey there, just wondering if anyone has had any success with running Red Earth on mame. The latest version supports CPS3 but requires things called CHD files. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks.

stereomonkey

Just another ROM file you need.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

fluxcore

NO ROM TALK ALLOWIED AIN THE FORUMA LKWJWK!@!@#

Yeah just another torrent to find
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Barnstorm

Quote from: fluxcore on October 14, 2009, 05:18:18 PM

not sure if you serious

so a chd as the others have said is another file you need its like a cd as the cps3 (i think) workd by having a cd and ram (cartridge)

youll need a chd for every cps3 games eg sf3 and alot of rhythm games eg ddr

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Barnstorm on October 14, 2009, 07:38:26 PM
Quote from: fluxcore on October 14, 2009, 05:18:18 PM

not sure if you serious

so a chd as the others have said is another file you need its like a cd as the cps3 (i think) workd by having a cd and ram (cartridge)

youll need a chd for every cps3 games eg sf3 and alot of rhythm games eg ddr

Shit son, better delete this post. When flux sees it he might not be able to fight the urge to get his banhammer out and give you the forum-based DAMAGER.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Sorry I tried to find the forum rules but couldn't find them. You can delete thread if need be. I'll try skimming some threads on google...

stereomonkey

send me a pm if you need help finding what your looking for ;)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CrazyMobius on October 14, 2009, 10:13:31 PM
Sorry I tried to find the forum rules but couldn't find them. You can delete thread if need be. I'll try skimming some threads on google...

I imagine given everyones rampant(seemed like a good word to use. a touch inaccurate, but good.) use of GGPO, flux PROBABLY isnt going to be crapping shards of flaming glass rage about it.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

I really need to learn how to use these "torrent" things. As you may have guessed I'm not that tech savvy. (anymore at least)

Barnstorm

The CP System III is the latest arcade system board designed by Capcom. It features a security mechanism; games are supplied on a CD, which contains the encrypted game contents, and a security cartridge containing the game BIOS and the SH-2 CPU [1] with integrated decryption logic, with the per-game key stored in battery-backed SRAM. When the CP System III board is first powered on, the contents of the CD are flashed onto a bank of SIMMs on the motherboard, where it is executed. The program code is then decrypted at run time via the security cartridge.

taken from wiki

so as i said the chd is the CD part
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01RCI6hQmWM should get you started

CrazyMobius