• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

FAN ART

Started by samurai black, October 16, 2009, 11:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Gohan/Vegeta/Bulma/Green dudes/Robots/A#18/Krillin/Chi chi /Piccolo/Mr Po Po/ Videl fucking Orgy. PM me dat shit, cos i dont share.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

samurai black

fuck that, ill just draw vegeta.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: samurai black on January 15, 2010, 10:13:56 PM
fuck that, ill just draw vegeta.
Mate, mate. Just harden the fuck up and draw the fucking picture.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CptMunta

Quote from: samurai black on January 15, 2010, 01:27:48 PM

how are poscas on canvas? i wanna try something awful on the ones sitting in my shed.

They are good on canvas I've only used them on stuff I've already used cans on though.

Cheers for all the reminders about paint markers! I completely forgot about the names. BTW I'm thinking of using them exclusively for a mural I'm working on the moment. How many do you reckon I'd need for something like this:

These are mockups penciled inked and put over photos in photoshop to give the client an idea of the end result.

Waddya reckon? One - two per pic?

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

DVS

Shit Munta dems off the hook man!  ;)

I like the grappler the most.  :D

Would be cool to see a bit more of a crouch on the samurai...just to improve the silhouette.....think I might have something similar lying around here -I'll upload it if you like.......
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

yea 2-3 cans colourwise....plus a black and a white bro

i reckon about 10-12 cans bro

should do the trick
The New Generation Clockw0rk

CptMunta

Quote from: DVS on January 18, 2010, 07:22:37 PM
Shit Munta dems off the hook man!  ;)

I like the grappler the most.  :D

Would be cool to see a bit more of a crouch on the samurai...just to improve the silhouette.....think I might have something similar lying around here -I'll upload it if you like.......

Yeah do man, I've been struggling with the pose a bit.

Quote from: AD-Remix on January 18, 2010, 07:24:15 PM
yea 2-3 cans colourwise....plus a black and a white bro

i reckon about 10-12 cans bro

should do the trick

I meant paint pens man, those paint markers. They are just gonna be single colour. The client can't afford them colour them in.

DVS

No probs man, I'll upload when I get home later today....

DVS

Here you go Munta, it's more about the curve of the spine and the right foot being infront of the left....I myself don't like what I did with the arms, if I was to redraw this I'd probably cahnage the angle of the face too.

Hope it helps!

geneterror

Hey Gene, you know the blue pencils you use for your rough work are they the type you can erase, I know some people just use blue colouring pencils but they don't erase easily. I had some I nicked from S.O.B when I was working there but they have run out. You know where I can get some?
KOW 2011

DVS

Quote from: geneterror on January 20, 2010, 09:18:14 AM
Hey Gene, you know the blue pencils you use for your rough work are they the type you can erase, I know some people just use blue colouring pencils but they don't erase easily. I had some I nicked from S.O.B when I was working there but they have run out. You know where I can get some?

You've come to the right place -I have a shit ton of them at my place, I'll hook you up....

I've got like two boxes  ;)

samurai black

sharing is caring bro  :D

CrazyMobius

Quote from: CptMunta on January 18, 2010, 05:26:47 PM
Quote from: samurai black on January 15, 2010, 01:27:48 PM

how are poscas on canvas? i wanna try something awful on the ones sitting in my shed.

They are good on canvas I've only used them on stuff I've already used cans on though.

Cheers for all the reminders about paint markers! I completely forgot about the names. BTW I'm thinking of using them exclusively for a mural I'm working on the moment. How many do you reckon I'd need for something like this:

These are mockups penciled inked and put over photos in photoshop to give the client an idea of the end result.

Waddya reckon? One - two per pic?

Hey Munta how much would you charge for something like this? I used to do this type of thing in the past but is there enough work to make good moolah?

CptMunta

Quote from: CrazyMobius on January 20, 2010, 10:43:05 AM

Hey Munta how much would you charge for something like this? I used to do this type of thing in the past but is there enough work to make good moolah?

RANT WARNING!

PMed you prices  ;) There are alot of people wanting artwork but are sadly also not realistic on how much your skills are worth. Or don't think they should pay for the hours and hours of drafts that it takes to get to the final image. Ironically the more high profile and the more you're getting paid, the smoother the job pans out most of the time.

The worst clients are the ones with an idea in their head without the skills to put it together. They take hours and hours of drafts to get close to what they are thinking and then say they came up with the idea and think the final image isn't worth much.

You really have to educate them about the time and work that goes into a job from the word go. Show them how much reference and research you did and all your drafts along the way. Most non artists think you do it for fun and pull pictures out of your ass. But just because it's a job you love doesn't mean it's not worth the money. otherwise it can be a real headache when it comes time to get paid.

Also tutoring and teaching at art programs, colleges and after school/holiday programs really helps during dry spells.

Quote from: DVS on January 20, 2010, 08:29:44 AM
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/8505/samuraik.th.jpg

Here you go Munta, it's more about the curve of the spine and the right foot being infront of the left....I myself don't like what I did with the arms, if I was to redraw this I'd probably cahnage the angle of the face too.

Hope it helps!

Thanks bro. I'll give that go. Maybe more so for the legs and for the arms go for something else. I have to be careful though. Martial Artists are going to be staring at these murals and I have to get something at least halfway accurate for each style. Otherwise the nit pickers will point it out when it's done. Your pic will help alot though I reckon it is looking a tad stiff.

DVS

Totally agree with your rant dude, been in the same situation many a time.

Non artistically minded people have no idea of the work involved.....

I also tutored a bit in dry spells.....

making video games is a good earner! Would be down for doing that again! Flash games is where the $$$ at!!!!

Good luck with the final image -be sure to post dude!