• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

FAN ART

Started by samurai black, October 16, 2009, 11:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DVS

I'd like to think this is plausable situation for these two to meet in, Guile is combing the jungle for his friend Charlie and stumbles upon an old plane crash, Blanka is enjoying a bath before being rudely interypted......

I really got a kick outta adding little peices of Blankas origin into the background.....

It's not quite finished...will try and put some time in tomorow on this one

Hopefully I'll actually get around to colouring it.....

Guna try and tempt Budafist to colour this also.....go on, you know you wana..

"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

budafist

bit of a saucy C.Viper.
Im a bit sketchy on drawing chicks, so this was a bit of practice.(haven't drawn properly in a couple years)

also I dont really do vector, so I used this as an exercise in learning illustrator a bit better.
so any crits from vector pro's is appreciated :)
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

budafist

Quote from: DVS on January 25, 2010, 11:12:53 PM
I'd like to think this is plausable situation for these two to meet in, Guile is combing the jungle for his friend Charlie and stumbles upon an old plane crash, Blanka is enjoying a bath before being rudely interypted......

I really got a kick outta adding little peices of Blankas origin into the background.....

It's not quite finished...will try and put some time in tomorow on this one

Hopefully I'll actually get around to colouring it.....

Guna try and tempt Budafist to colour this also.....go on, you know you wana..

this is looking sweet man!   loving the classic expressions on both of them.
cool how you managed to fit the sky and plane in there.
this would be quite tricky to colour, but definately fun.

Giz a real hi res version when you've finished it and I'll get mah crayons out ;)

ps. can you somehow put Blankas wang poking outa the water?
dont ask why.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: budafist on January 26, 2010, 12:02:14 AM

bit of a saucy C.Viper.
Im a bit sketchy on drawing chicks, so this was a bit of practice.(haven't drawn properly in a couple years)

also I dont really do vector, so I used this as an exercise in learning illustrator a bit better.

That's cool. Whenever I used to try and draw in Illustrator the program always used to 'auto-correct' the lines. Does it still do that? It was a real pain.

fluxcore

Quote from: DVS on January 25, 2010, 11:12:53 PM

But... Blanka IS Charlie!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

DVS

Sweet Viper Budafist!you've put lenny's to shame ...will work on adding the wang in the Blanka pic.....I know it looks complex to colour huh....might rescan later...300DPI enuff?

LOL Fluxcore...if you follow the awesome live action movie storyline......Blanka and Charlie are both selectable in A3 (how is my abbreviation?)

samurai black

charlie used to be blanka. then capcom went back and retconned it, so they became separate characters.

better to die a hero than become a green skinned electric ginga monster :D

fluxcore

No, in official canon, they are and always have been completely separate. Only in the Movie and the US Cartoon are they linked at all.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

DVS

Quote from: samurai black on January 26, 2010, 09:14:04 AM
charlie used to be blanka. then capcom went back and retconned it, so they became separate characters.

better to die a hero than become a green skinned electric ginga monster :D

LOL Samurai "Ginga monster", how does that explain the plane crash over Brazil when he was a baby tho? In SF2 he reps Brazil doesn't he? thats his first appearance isn't it?

Anyway Guile tracks him down and beats his arse....

CrazyMobius

Quote from: fluxcore on January 26, 2010, 09:47:29 AM
No, in official canon, they are and always have been completely separate. Only in the Movie and the US Cartoon are they linked at all.

Canon lol.

fluxcore

I'll be so happy when v2 of this forum software comes out and I institute Karma so I can vote down posts like that one.

budafist

Quote from: CrazyMobius on January 26, 2010, 07:40:25 AM
Quote from: budafist on January 26, 2010, 12:02:14 AM

bit of a saucy C.Viper.

That's cool. Whenever I used to try and draw in Illustrator the program always used to 'auto-correct' the lines. Does it still do that? It was a real pain.

yeah auto correct sucks in both SF4 and Illustrator
i remember getting that in old versions while using the brush or pencil tool.
doesnt seem to exist anymore or its easier to turn off. doesnt happen while using CS3 anyway.

I did the whole thing using pen tool though. I find it hard to draw straight into vector. I need to:  draw/scan/vector. so the digital side is more tracing than anything.
the whole vector things quite unnatural creatively I reckon. but it has good purpose.

GOOD FEELING, HIGH QUALITY

maybe I should try a Macaroni & glitter picture of M.Bison next.

Skullator

I'll just pretend I pixel'd this

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: budafist on January 26, 2010, 05:08:21 PM

Didnt read anything else you posted. But my reaction to this is:

HELL

FUCKING

YES
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: budafist on January 26, 2010, 05:08:21 PM

yeah auto correct sucks in both SF4 and Illustrator
i remember getting that in old versions while using the brush or pencil tool.
doesnt seem to exist anymore or its easier to turn off. doesnt happen while using CS3 anyway.

I did the whole thing using pen tool though. I find it hard to draw straight into vector. I need to:  draw/scan/vector. so the digital side is more tracing than anything.
the whole vector things quite unnatural creatively I reckon. but it has good purpose.

GOOD FEELING, HIGH QUALITY

Hmmm. Sounds like I expected...