• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

WWBWD?

Main Menu

FAN ART

Started by samurai black, October 16, 2009, 11:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai black

samurai black

yo, i came across this. maybe a few parties here would be interested :)

QuoteSince his debut in 1987, Mega Man has remained a video game icon, having starred in more than 140 titles. In his 23 year history, the connection he’s made with pop culture at large has extended beyond games and into cartoons, toys, clothing, comics, and more. Now, Mega Man fans everywhere can become a part of that history with an all-new art book from UDON Entertainment - get ready for MEGA MANâ,,¢ TRIBUTE!

UDON is sending out a call to comic artists, video game artists, freelance illustrators, and fan artists all around the world to show us your artistic tribute to Mega Man! Give us your best artwork featuring the cast of Mega Man®, Mega Man® X, Mega Man® Zero, Mega Man® ZX, and Mega Man® Legends. All styles are welcome â€" anime, western comic style, cartoon, pixel-based, sculptures â€" whatever you can come up with as your tribute to the blue bomber!

The best pieces submitted will be included in Mega Man Tribute, which will premiere as a special 300-page limited-edition hardcover book at the 2011 San Diego Comic-Con.  UDON’s past tribute books have had a huge artist turnout, with Street Fighterâ,,¢ Tribute and Darkstalkersâ,,¢ Tribute each receiving thousands of entries. As one of the most beloved characters in video game history, and with hundreds of characters to work with from across the Mega Man franchise, Mega Man Tribute is poised to be UDON’s most diverse and exciting art book yet!

Help make Capcom® history as part of the Mega Man Tribute art book and have your artwork showcased alongside top names in the industry! It’s time to show UDON and Capcom your unique vision of Mega Man!

Submissions are due no later than Monday Jan 31st, 2011 at 1:00pm, EST.

For full contest rules and to submit your artwork head to: www.MegaManTribute.com

might try and see if i can do anything. or not :)

samurai black

gunsmoke

Quote from: samurai black on December 30, 2010, 11:59:03 AM
so bored

Then come to yifan man..UM98 kof and KOf13 drop kick ....and MVC2 man...

Long time no see.//////
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

samurai black

LN

Now that is an awesome pic.
There is no knowledge that is not power

jimmy

'Mains' Dudley

geneterror

Jealous of Richards mad skills :P
KOW 2011

CptMunta

Working on this Friday Saturday and Sunday. Here's the rough as guts draft. Hulk looks odd but will squash and widen his head a bit especially with the perspective. Might ditch the hand too. Looks awkward.

Finally an excuse to draw Viewtiful Joe!
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[NIUE] weazzyefff

I like the idea of him crawling out. Or else he would like like he was just looking up chicks dresses.

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

yeah i like the hand crawling out too marc
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I like the idea of the hand, but youre right it does look awkward. I think you just need to change the angle. From Hulks shoulders he looks like his arms are at his sides. Hold your upper arms at your sides, and then try putting your hand in the position that youve got hulks. That shit is uncomfortable, and is the reason the hand looks awkward.

TBH, the hand probably isnt going to work because of how youve got hulks arms. You almost need to have an arm busting out of the ground as well.

But it looks fucking awesome as always.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CptMunta

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on January 12, 2011, 07:08:51 AM
TBH, the hand probably isnt going to work because of how youve got hulks arms. You almost need to have an arm busting out of the ground as well.

But it looks fucking awesome as always.

Thanks Man :)

Good call bro, with the room at the back there's no reason for him to have his arm like that.
when I had a look this morning I thought about the arm and shoulder sticking out with the palm flat on the ground. It would look waaaay better but then hulk would have to be smaller since he's so huge so Joe would be smaller too. Hmmmmmm..... Might do some sketches and see if I can make it work. Otherwise I might just leave it and ditch the arm.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Gotta love criticising someone who is a MUCH better artist than I am. XD
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.