• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Ryu FADC

Started by [NIUE] weazzyefff, November 01, 2009, 10:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Bro everywhere i've been looking for help like SRK, and eventhubs, they clearly state df,df,p is a shortcut DP motion, but a stink one imo.

Anyways when i miss it it's because i gotta like already be doing the ultra input while he's dashing, so i gotta dash, and then ultra by thinking the dash is already coming out.

Ya kna wa i mean. ? No? Oh well, it'll come to me, you's really helped though, i'm getting better at. I just cant wait till i'm monster mashing m DP reversal out on the 1p  side and then cancelling it into Ultra without even thinking about. Stupid fucking pad has corrupted my learning curve. It took a couple ex-pad warriors 6 months on SRK, and their having the same probs as me.

Mason: You were prob going db,d,df,d,df, p
Thats the way i do it when linking the bnb.

Zosla: Just tell me how YOU do it please for some insight, cos i played alot like you on pad. ( Oh god here we go ).
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

fluxcore

Quote from: weazzyefff on November 02, 2009, 01:06:54 PM
Bro everywhere i've been looking for help like SRK, and eventhubs, they clearly state df,df,p is a shortcut DP motion, but a stink one imo.

Very well, but if you look HARDER on srk you'll see it doesn't actually work. If you want to reproduce it, go into training and just TRY df, df + P. Either you'll see other directions in between, or you won't be doing a dragon punch.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Gino

Quote from: fluxcore on November 02, 2009, 09:51:14 AM
gino: that's a much kinder way of responding than I was going to, thanks.

I think I was still hungover when I wrote that

Edit:

Why DF,DF + P works (some of the time) is that usually you aren't hitting DF, but D then DF or F then DF. This might be different depending on the type of gate you have on your stick (4/8). Go to training mode and try doing DF,DF+P with no F or D in between, not that easy if I remember correctly.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: fluxcore on November 02, 2009, 01:18:58 PM

Very well, but if you look HARDER on srk you'll see it doesn't actually work. If you want to reproduce it, go into training and just TRY df, df + P. Either you'll see other directions in between, or you won't be doing a dragon punch.
Yeah i kinda woulda just taken SRk/Eventhubs word for it, but i went and tried and you and Gino are right, it DOES NOT work. Why they lie for.

It only works if thats what they think they are doing but really it's hitting df,f,df or df,d,df. Man they really aren't helping by giving us wrong shortcut motions, even though it sounded like a dumb one in the first place.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: weazzyefff on November 02, 2009, 01:48:19 PM
Quote from: fluxcore on November 02, 2009, 01:18:58 PM

Yeah i kinda woulda just taken SRk/Eventhubs word for it, but i went and tried and you and Gino are right, it DOES NOT work. Why they lie for.

It only works if thats what they think they are doing but really it's hitting df,f,df or df,d,df. Man they really aren't helping by giving us wrong shortcut motions, even though it sounded like a dumb one in the first place.

Basically, if you hold the stick down, and wiggle it left to right, you get a DP. Somewhere here is where they got confused.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Fuck i finally got this up to 80% consistency. Went away for awhile , came back and now i'm back to like 2%. Aweeessoomee.

Charge chars ftw.

HoneyBadger

Can you do your dragon 100% from both sides? Can you do your ultra 100% from both sides? If not, get those to 100% Then do FADC. It's not like there's a short window or anything needing you to buffer or w/e
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] weazzyefff

yeah bro, but it's like i gotta get the dash sorted or something, because when i do it, he's still FA'ing when i'm buffering the ultra. AND if i do succeed on dashing, i have to wait till i see it dash then i fuck up the Ultra motion.
On 2p side i can Dp , fadc, then wait to see if hes actually dashed then just ultra quick as like lightning speed, same as on pad ( both sides).
It just sucks how i have to know its gonna dash, so i can buffer it. I gave to be buffering while hes actually dashing.

Maybe i'm just arcade stick impaired .

zos'la

take a look at how i do it on saturday mate and learn :)
I know exactly what you problem is, you aren't as good as executing on P1 side with your ultra which is one of the issue, the other, well wait till saturday and see if you can spot our differences. I had the same issue as you and It took me some time to work out why it is that I had that issue. Once you figure it out you will feel like.. so stupid lol.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Oh yup sweet bro, damn i was trying hard as to figure it before then too, so i could beast you lol.
Drrrreeeeeeammmm.
Dream, dream, dream.
Just Drrrrrreeeam.

zos'la

hahaha I know you want to. But takes more than that to take me down la, but then agian I might get my ass kicked anyways!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.