• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Ryu FADC

Started by [NIUE] weazzyefff, November 01, 2009, 10:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yeah i still cant do this consistently on the 1pl side. I can hit it everytime on the 2pl side just by twitching a little.

I found this new way, even though i think one of you's allready told me, but i was determined to do it the way i learnt on pad which is the normal/long way.

It goes like this-- f, d, df - Hp,f -mk-mp, f, ULTRA.

I can get it 40% now at the most but it seems this way is easier to learn as i've only tried it for like 30min . But thought i'lld check here before i end up learning it the wrong way. So would it have any disadvantages to doing it this way somewhere down the road.

AND calling all Ryu players who can hit it consistently on 1P side obviously, to please speak up, and tell us YOUR method. I'm looking at you Zosla and Hue.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Ashe

That's most definitely the best way to fadc, f-mk+mp-f. When I was first learning it I used to sit down and just practice doing that motion, getting the left and right hand in sync so you get a nice triple tap kind of feel.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Ashe on November 01, 2009, 11:09:34 PM
That's most definitely the best way to fadc, f-mk+mp-f. When I was first learning it I used to sit down and just practice doing that motion, getting the left and right hand in sync so you get a nice triple tap kind of feel.
Oh yeah true, i'm gonna go practice the shit out of it now.

So what uppercut motion's the best.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

massi4h

I do the dash then the focus, so I go f,d,df,f+hp,f+mp+mk, (slight delay,) ultra. I'm pretty sure the forward is buffered in the shoryuken motion or else I'm just doing the dash fast, but I always press focus on the second forward input. I hit it pretty much every time and same for the srk->fadc->shaku with akuma.

My uppercut motion in all street fighters is always hold forward then hadouken. If you're crouching though you might wanna try one of the crouch inputs like df,df+hp or I think it's db,d,df+hp.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: massi4h on November 01, 2009, 11:43:45 PM
I do the dash then the focus, so I go f,d,df,f+hp,f+mp+mk, (slight delay,) ultra. I'm pretty sure the forward is buffered in the shoryuken motion or else I'm just doing the dash fast, but I always press focus on the second forward input. I hit it pretty much every time and same for the srk->fadc->shaku with akuma.

My uppercut motion in all street fighters is always hold forward then hadouken. If you're crouching though you might wanna try one of the crouch inputs like df,df+hp or I think it's db,d,df+hp.
Whoa, thats trippy. I didn't know you could dash BEFORE the FA. Sounds like i'm gonna like this way best.

That last DP motion, db,d,df-hp, I dont think thats a uppercut bro, how the hell does THAT uppercut lol.

fluxcore

it's actually df, d, df + p, df, df + p doesn't actually work.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

Quote from: fluxcore on November 02, 2009, 08:52:48 AM

I'm pretty sure you can do df, df + p to get a Shoryu, since the first DF represents a toward, as well as a down in one go.

The way you're doing it now weezy is juuuust about how I do it... but instead of doing

f, d, df + p, f + mp + mk, f

I do...

f, d, df + p, df + mp + mk, f

My way means you can just hold the stick down in the corner after doing the Shoryu and tap focus, then go back to neutral and slap forward one more time
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

zos'la

oh god -.-
I don't understand those ancient writtings at all....
new generation = just hit practice for for a few days!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Gino

Quote from: electric on November 02, 2009, 09:05:53 AM
Quote from: fluxcore on November 02, 2009, 08:52:48 AM

I'm pretty sure you can do df, df + p to get a Shoryu, since the first DF represents a toward, as well as a down in one go.

Maybe if you mash out DF, but a true df, df + p won't get you that sweet dragon goodness.

I do mine: f, d, df + p - mp+mk(press) f,f mp+mp(release), Ultra

weazzyefff: What happens when you miss it? Do you miss the dash during the focus?

fluxcore

gino: that's a much kinder way of responding than I was going to, thanks.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

Quote from: Gino on November 02, 2009, 09:22:39 AM
Maybe if you mash out DF, but a true df, df + p won't get you that sweet dragon goodness.

Fair enough, I stand corrected

CrazyMobius

Quote from: zosla on November 02, 2009, 09:12:14 AM
oh god -.-
I don't understand those ancient writtings at all....
new generation = just hit practice for for a few days!!!

Actually it's the opposite. The older generation tended to learn through play whereas the newer generation tend to study and apply more.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: fluxcore on November 02, 2009, 09:51:14 AM
gino: that's a much kinder way of responding than I was going to, thanks.

Then maybe you need to work on your responses.  ;) Combos aren't the only thing we can practice.  :D

massi4h

Yeah I always dash before the FA, since you're still doing your shoryuken the dash buffers in and then when you press focus it dashes right away. I always do this with akuma cause to hit your shaku you really need to do it instantly. With ryu, if you dash straight away you have a to put in a slight delay before activating ultra or else they'll bounce off the first hit.

Are you sure df,df+hp doesn't work for shoryukens? Whenever I try it it does unless it's just me being a spaz on the stick. And maybe the crouching one was d,db,d,df+hp. I know if you have a keyboard you can do a crouch blocking one by holding db and pressing f,f+hp lol.

electric

Quote from: massi4h on November 02, 2009, 11:28:12 AM
Yeah I always dash before the FA, since you're still doing your shoryuken the dash buffers in and then when you press focus it dashes right away.

Interesting. I've heard of people buffering the dash before the focus, but I never really learnt how to do it. I may pinch this method to teach to a mate (no homo) who has a bit of consistency problems doing lp gou-shoryu FADC shaku. Cheers Mason!