• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

NZism custom artwork - showing off, feedback and advice thread.

Started by geneterror, November 03, 2009, 11:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

So this is gonna be my new stick since im maining guy now.  My plexi board is at the shop as we speak being laser cut So i'll be rocking this badboy tomorrow morning!!!

Feedback?

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

kingpiccolo

stereomonkey

cool lenny, just get rid of those last buttons and it would be SUPER awesome!!!

You are super awesome
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Lennysaurus

So i was thinking that maybe the little guys for the buttons were a little too much.  Also Alan raised the point that the background image may be a little too pixellated when printed out, so I had a muck around witht he filters in photoshop and managed to get this result.

More feddback damn you!  Would love some feedback from you pro's that are actually good at art and shit.  Ioane and stus opinions mean fucking nothing to me cause they both suck.

geneterror

That shit looks good as bro. I'd just get rid of the unnessecary Guy on the right with the naaasty outer glow, it just looks out of place and tacked on.

edit. Also I really like the little guys over the buttons. Thought that was a good touch, will be stealing that idea for my Cody stick.
KOW 2011

samurai black

yeah, its the guy on the right thats unecessary. the little pics over the buttons i thought was a great little touch

electric

I've always though Guy's left eye looked bung in his Alpha 3 art (because it does, lol)

I'm a big fan of the stage art... hopefully it doesn't come out too pixellated. As for the far right Guy, yeah - it seems a bit superfluous... maybe just ditch that so you get more of the stage on there.

+1 on bringing back his normals' sprites
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Lennysaurus

Skullator

Heaps better bro, nice. The outlines on the sprites definitely help them stand out from the bg more.

Lennysaurus

Hey guys,

I know you might have the answer for this one Marc!  I dont want to get a plexi forr my HRAP cause it will sit too high on the stick, and I cbf screwing around with how my stick is mounted blah blah etc.

So I just want to get a lamilabel done for it, which I will stick on.  Anyone know where I can score one from?

PEACE!

DVS

sweet finally purchased a new stick...can't wait to get my mod on........I might even do my own artwork for it.......best suggestions for applying it? Duracell or does that shit wear off?......BTW checked the mods that are up there...I'm well impressed...some fullas done gone all out......Xpunch that stick is godlike.......you working on a gentleman one also?

Lenny.....check Deviant Art bro...there's some choice Guy artwork floating around.....good idea with the sprites around the buttons....nice touch
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

karizzma

Does anyone have a good hi res image of El Fuerte so I can put it on to a template for my HRAP EX-SE?

CptMunta

Sick stock art Lenny.  8) I really like pixelated ,artwork if it looks like it's been done on purpose. Photoshop scales pixel art horribly though and makes it look blurry. It's best to get an exact palette, blow it up really huge and then fit it to the size you need.

For the life of me I can't remember the name of of the stuff I used.

But if you describe what you want I'm sure most print places could help you.

I got a adhesive label that truckers and mechanics use since it's grease, fade and tear resistant. They print the artwork directly onto a vinyl (I think it's a type of vinyl) sticker, I got mine in more of a matt finish but I think they do gloss. I went to Print Max a local chain, dunno if they have it in Auckland. Cos me round $30 all up.

I tore off the standard art and stuck mine straight on the metal plate, couldn't get rid of all the air bubbles sadly.

Alot of Print Shops get asked for strange stuff all the time it's good to ask them and hope you get someone helpful. It's good to start your sentence with: "I'm looking for something very specific" some of these guys appreciate quirky jobs from the standard: "Photocopy and bind me 500 of these reports by 3 o'clock today."

Working on something like this for our Regionals flyer/poster. Feel free to hit me up if you want it in custom stick art if anyone's keen :)

Also got various high res artworks PM if keen and will megaupload it.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

oa munta ... thats so badass ....
if you could do me a ken one just like that but doing a fierce dragon punch instead of the fireball  , going from ww to sf4 , i will be your number one fan 4eva and cheer "go munta!" at the nats as long as im not playing you haha
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

CptMunta

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on May 17, 2010, 09:09:09 PM
oa munta ... thats so badass ....
if you could do me a ken one just like that but doing a fierce dragon punch instead of the fireball  , going from ww to sf4 , i will be your number one fan 4eva and cheer "go munta!" at the nats as long as im not playing you haha

You won't be playing me cos I can't make it  :'(

Yeah bro when I have some time I'll cook one up :) It'll just need to be on the same background since I don't have a 1080p of the Ken stage HD Remix background. Unless you got the hookups :D
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta